Your Email Address:

First Name:

I hope this helps. 99 Percent BB Free.

Tell us your story with bad breath
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Re: I hope this helps. 99 Percent BB Free.

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Julián.free wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:18 pm I understand you friend, since I am currently going through the same thing. How long have you taken prisolec? Did the antacids take effect within a few days? Best regards (sorry for my inglish)
I have been taking Priolsec on and off for a couple years. I’ve recorded all of it in this one thread so you can go back and read when I started and when I stopped, and started again. I hadn’t used it for probably about a year or so until maybe a few weeks ago, when I started again.

What works for you? Have you had any success with anything?

JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Janee25 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:08 am I experience exactly the same issue; in addition to the white tongue, it seems like the cleaner I eat, the worse it gets.
Janee25,

How about a response? I see you are posting all over this website. Have you found any success with anything?
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Anne2323 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:40 am It’s SIBO. Veggies ferment in the gut, producing gas. Try eating only low fat meat (like roasted chicken breast) for 3-4 days and you’ll see results. Research the fast tract diet to be able to add more good aliments to your diet. The thing is, what’s generally perceived as ‘healthy’ isn’t healthy for us, at least for a while, because our guts need to heal properly.
Anne2323,

Have you had any success with any method ever? Please share what works if anything for you.
Julián.free

Post by Julián.free »

How do you take the antacid? I took it 30 minutes before lunch and dinner (recommendation of my gastroenterologist) I plan to fast but I do not understand how to do it. Could you give me the step by step? please. Start with a 48-hour fast? Thank you
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Julián.free wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:58 pm How do you take the antacid? I took it 30 minutes before lunch and dinner (recommendation of my gastroenterologist) I plan to fast but I do not understand how to do it. Could you give me the step by step? please. Start with a 48-hour fast? Thank you
I think you should read my whole story. I was diagnosed with GERD. So if you don’t have that I’m not sure what to tell you. I take 1 Prilosec pill in the morning on an empty stomach. I don’t know what the doctor’s instructions are on that. I do know that the package says you shouldn’t take it more then 14 days. I have broken that instruction.

As far as fasting, what I do is:

1. I don’t eat for 48 hrs straight. Just water.
2. I eat my first meal at 3pm on the third day.
I listed foods that have not given me any problems.
3. I then eat at 3pm(only) every day thereafter.
4. It usually takes 4-5 days(including the 48) before I notice a big difference.
5. I think the longest I’ve ever went was 2-3 weeks.

That’s it. I don’t have this thing figured out yet. So maybe the best advice I can give(which I wrote at length in the beginning of my post here) is to experiment. Try different things. Write them down. Don’t give up. And don’t half-ass-it either. Follow through on whatever you are trying. Let us know if you have success. I usually go out and experiment for a while and then come back and report my successes and failures. I hope you do the same.

You have all the info I can give. It’s your turn to go out and get us some data. Please. We’re counting on you. If you don’t do it perfect, it doesn’t count for much. We’re all trying to find “it”. Whatever it is. The cure. We’re trying to find it. And it’s probably not going to be found if we are not diligent and disciplined. Good luck
Julián.free

Post by Julián.free »

The doctor diagnosed me with reflux after several tests. I talked to the doctor about the bad smell in my nose and he told me that in the past I had had patients with the same problem. He prescribed 3 months of nexium (esomeprazole) and bland diet/antacid. I must say that I never had typical symptoms of reflux (burning, etc.) however I have reflux. Thank you very much for your publication and I will comment on my evolution again. (sorry for my English)
Anne2323
Junior

Post by Anne2323 »

JustHereToHelp wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:56 am
I don’t understand how someone could just blurt out that it is SIBO. How do you know that? How is your success with battling BB? Please let us all know what is working for you. So do you just eat lean meat and you’re good? Do you have a bunch of info you have posted in one location on this website that would help us that I could read?
Thanks
It has high chances of being SIBO since most breath test used to diagnose it aren’t always accurate. I started the fast tract diet 3 weeks ago, I’m basically eating only meat, eggs, lettuce mix, cucumber, celery, feta cheese, millet bread and a few other foods. After 2 weeks, my bad breath was gone by 50%. I’ll keep following the diet. I will post my succes story when it is indeed a success, when my halitosis is no longer a problem. Right now, i’m testing this diet and it seems promising. My SIBO test came back negative, but the diet works. I’ll retest for SIBO and have a deeper look into other possible digestive problems. I’ll keep you updated.
mtr
Advanced

Post by mtr »

Julián.free wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:20 pm The doctor diagnosed me with reflux after several tests. I talked to the doctor about the bad smell in my nose and he told me that in the past I had had patients with the same problem. He prescribed 3 months of nexium (esomeprazole) and bland diet/antacid. I must say that I never had typical symptoms of reflux (burning, etc.) however I have reflux. Thank you very much for your publication and I will comment on my evolution again. (sorry for my English)
If you don't have the typical symptoms then you may have silent reflux, which is trickier to treat. Good luck!
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

mtr wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:38 am
Julián.free wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:20 pm The doctor diagnosed me with reflux after several tests. I talked to the doctor about the bad smell in my nose and he told me that in the past I had had patients with the same problem. He prescribed 3 months of nexium (esomeprazole) and bland diet/antacid. I must say that I never had typical symptoms of reflux (burning, etc.) however I have reflux. Thank you very much for your publication and I will comment on my evolution again. (sorry for my English)
If you don't have the typical symptoms then you may have silent reflux, which is trickier to treat. Good luck!
Hi "mtr"
What about "silent" reflux is trickier to treat? I've never heard that before.
Thanks
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Update:

Maybe 6 weeks ago, I had an old root canal tooth that was infected pulled. I was hoping that would be it. It was not.

Afterwards I had some new issues with my nasal cavity connection with my mouth, and now I was told that one side of my sinus has not been draining, possibly due to the infection. I have an appt to go and get that looked at soon.

I’ve been eating a lot better for the last month or so and for the most part my BB has been relatively manageable. I was confident enough to be within 2 feet of someone indoors but not to breath in their face, although I did, with no reactions.

I got a teeth cleaning last week also.

I started drinking a lot more coffee in the last couple weeks. I guess the good diet was making me over confident(and forgetful).

This past weekend I ate very poorly. Pizza, chocolate chip cookies, cup cakes, pastas with cheese, chicken parmesan with cheese and tomato sauce, and some ice cream. My breath in the last two-three days has been as bad as it was 9 years ago. Room clearing.

After reading some more recent threads that I have missed I realize I do have a nasal sulphur smell now. It’s horrible. There’s no way I can go out into the world like this.

Because of the nasal cavity stuff I have been more aware of that area. Yesterday I used a sinus irrigation machine(again/I’ve done this in the past) but, no help yet.

I fasted 24 hrs from Sun-Mon(today is Tues) but it hasn’t been enough. I’m reading more into this new detail I’m realizing about the sulphur smell and this is the direction I will go next(besides the GERD direction).

Also, I have been taking Prilosec way past the recommended usage, and popping Rolaids. I felt a little sick the last few days, mostly from the taste of sulphur I think but it may have been related the PPi’s. I am going to back off of them and really try to fix this thing. They did work for the most part, until now. Even with a PPi, on Friday, Sat, and Sun, I could feel and smell the sulphur build up. Monday I did not take a PPi and today I haven’t either.

I am thankfully off work the next day or two. I had to cancel all plans today and if this continues into tomorrow and the next day there is no way I will be able to be within 5 ft of anyone I know, indoors.

Yesterday was scary. Horrible breath. Normal, great, oral hygiene. I fasted from Sunday afternoon until Monday afternoon. Yesterday I ate very little. Today I have only eaten a banana so far. This morning I did not have the sulphur smell for the first hour or two, until I drank a cup of coffee. Yesterday I did not have any coffee. This morning though I was just feeling run down and since I didn’t smell the sulphur this morning I gave it a shot. Immediately the sulphur returned. It may be related to the coffee or it may have just been a coincidence.

I have to change something. I think I’ve run the course on the PPi’s. I’ve had the most success with fasting and eating clean. But I have to perFECT the food I eat or this thing will just keep haunting me. I’m going to try and do this without a pill or supplement. Will it be geared towards no more GERD? Or Low FODMAP? Or to reduce IBS? I think I’m going to focus on the SIBO. I’ve read enough so far from you guys to realize maybe that is at least ONE of the things I have going on with me.

Jeez man this sulphur thing is the worst. This is exactly how I felt years ago. It’s bad. The weird thing is now it seems almost clearer, very clearly a sulphur smell. In the past it smelled like a mix of sulphur and rotting/sh*t/death breath.

I also never understood the nasal BB questions. I was resistant to the idea that you could smell the BB only through your nose and not through your mouth. Right now as I sit here I smell sulphur rotten eggs with my mouth closed. If I cover my mouth with my hand and breath with an open mouth into it, I smell nothing.

I get it. You who knew this all along are way ahead in this thing and I’m glad you kept sharing about it. Thank you and sorry it took me so freaking long to catch up.

Anyway, thank you to all who are posting their findings on the sulphur stuff. I really appreciate your info and I will post what results I have.
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

The other thing I’ve noticed is that my skin is very oily. Strange. I’ve never had or noticed that before. The good thing about this experience is that I am sure my mouth or tongue are not related to this sulphur problem. It is definitely because of what I ate and it is coming from my gut. It’s now hours later from my last post and the problem is still there. I’ve got to go back to work tomorrow evening. I bought some natural supplements like oregano oil and some others in hopes they will help until I can get to a doctor. I scheduled an appt with my primary for next week(earliest appt).
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Well tomorrow came and the smell is still very bad. I was able to get to the gastroenterologist who I saw almost 3 years ago. The PA there prescribed a stronger(double dosage) PPi than Prilosec, to be taken twice a day, for 30 days. Before my appointment I had done a quick search of natural supplements to kick Sibo.

So I got Oregano Oil, berberine, allicin, and neem, which I am taking twice a day. I also ordered Vitamin b1. I don’t know man. I am desperate, again. I guess I forgot how much time has gone by since I’ve had it this bad. It’s been more than 3 years!! Looking back on the past month or so this is what I think happened: I was eating relatively good. Absolutely no sugar products, barely any bread, very low fat, and I was only eating once a day, for about 5 weeks. I had basically no BB. I guess I got over-confident. I was taking Prilosec everyday for this period. That may have been the first time I’ve taken it that long consecutively. Looking back at the times I’ve purchased it, I think I’ve only taken it for 2 weeks at a time, maybe 4 times max in the last 3 years. The rest of the time in between I was managing pretty well with what I’ve already listed. Rolaids, Orbit gum, and my diet. When my diet was off(mostly too much coffee or chocolate) then the BB would come back much more.

This time though I was in the clear so to speak for 5 weeks, and at the end I binged on sweets. I was already beginning to feel guilty about what Prilosec was doing to my health, so when that weekend was over I just stopped taking it, hoping a fast would clear me up. The BB was horrendous. It’s still present but, not as bad since taking the PPi’s again.

So what’s next? I would prefer to not take these drugs for the rest of my life. I’m only in my 40’s. This is nuts man. Next is probably what I said I wasn’t going to do. I will seek supplement therapy. And I will refine my diet more.

Discipline will be key. Whether I am successful or not, I will only learn if I do it. I’ve already learned it doesn’t work if you don’t do it. Coffee is the number 1 offender. Anyway, this is for my records as well. I hope it helps someone but, I need just as much help as you all.

Oh yeah the gastro PA pretty much laughed at the idea that it could be SIBO. I’m going to get more opinions. Also, I have taken this oregano oil before. I think it helped a little in the past but I stopped because it wasn’t a “cure”.
mtr
Advanced

Post by mtr »

JustHereToHelp wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:14 pm
Hi.. is trickier firstly because is silent therefore is more difficult to make the connection and seek medical attention on the 1st place. Secondly, the recommended treatment is with PPIs, however there is a great percentage of patients who don't find comfort on PPIs.. on some occasions ppl tend to have operation but especially for silent reflux which may come in the gaseous form might not work.. Also, there are cases of alkaline reflux instead of acid reflux which is also trickier to diagnose.. etc..

Hi "mtr"
Thanks
mtr
Advanced

Post by mtr »

Hi "mtr"
Thanks

Hi.. is trickier firstly because is silent therefore is more difficult to make the connection and seek medical attention on the 1st place. Secondly, the recommended treatment is with PPIs, however there is a great percentage of patients who don't find comfort on PPIs.. on some occasions ppl tend to have operation but especially for silent reflux which may come in the gaseous form might not work.. Also, there are cases of alkaline reflux instead of acid reflux which is also trickier to diagnose as the symptoms are silent and patients do not have the typical symptoms like heartburn .. etc..
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

mtr wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:01 am

Hi "mtr"
Thanks

Hi.. is trickier firstly because is silent therefore is more difficult to make the connection and seek medical attention on the 1st place. Secondly, the recommended treatment is with PPIs, however there is a great percentage of patients who don't find comfort on PPIs.. on some occasions ppl tend to have operation but especially for silent reflux which may come in the gaseous form might not work.. Also, there are cases of alkaline reflux instead of acid reflux which is also trickier to diagnose as the symptoms are silent and patients do not have the typical symptoms like heartburn .. etc..
Ok, thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic