Your Email Address:

First Name:

I hope this helps. 99 Percent BB Free.

Tell us your story with bad breath
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Re: I hope this helps. 99 Percent BB Free.

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Update:
I started the PPi’s this time on Wednesday, early afternoon. I also started the 4 natural supplements around the same time. I take everything twice a day. This morning(Saturday), I smelled a little sulphur BB through my nose. I drank one small cup or coffee yesterday, and one medium size one this morning. I have no BB right now and haven’t had it for hours. It is now Saturday evening. The only thing I ate today was plain oatmeal with a little coconut milk, and some popcorn. I am just now sitting down to eat dinner. Small amount of plain chicken, carrots, sweet potato and brown rice. The PPi’s have to be the reason why I don’t have BB. Again, I really hope to get off these things and have no BB. Wish me luck. Lmk if you can relate and if you have found it possible to get off Ppi’s and keep your Bb away. Thanks

JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

I also started using Smart Mouth mouthwash with Zinc. I’ve never used it before. I needed something extra on Wed and Thurs. I’ve continued to use it yesterday and today. It helps, a very little bit, but it is something, and I believe I notice it. It’s really just for emergency purpose I guess and it served the purpose.
mtr
Advanced

Post by mtr »

So so happy for you!! Keep us updated!!
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

So I have primarily kept a good diet. When I drink more coffee the BB/Sulphur smell comes stronger. I messed up a couple times(because I got over confident again) and ate small amounts of chocolate. The BB came back even with the PPi. It’s the kind that if I keep a 6 feet distance I can go undetected. But it is very bad. It is a rotten egg, sulphur putrid smell. I also realized this is somewhat related to my sinuses right now. I had a tooth pulled a couple months ago. This was one I had a root canal in and have always attributed my BB having started after that root canal was done(9 years ago or so). Which of course was just one of many theories that I was able to finally get around to focusing on.

I’ve been noticing that when I rinse my mouth vigorously, especially concentrating on that empty tooth space, that the smell and taste of sulphur comes up very strong. There is so much disgusting mucus it’s unreal. I think I mentioned in a post that when this tooth was recently pulled that they said my nasal cavity was very “low” and I might feel air coming through where the tooth was. Well that has definitely been the case. Air in through nose, with mouth closed, direct into mouth, at the area of that tooth. And it goes in reverse. Now though it is just constant putrid sulphur disgusting air and mucus back and forth. I’ve got an appt with an ENT today. Hopefully he takes me serious. I believe there is an infection.

One other thing. I typed all of the strange symptoms all over my body for years into a couple websites. And there are plenty of diagnosis that I could list but there was one that kind of spoke to me more then the others. Plus it came back as a strong match with my symptoms, every time. And that is Celiac Disease. Maybe I am one of those people now. To be honest that would be easier than Gerd I believe. But whatever. We’ll see. Seems like a lot of work to get good at reading labels but there are definitions. And I can follow definitions. I can stay within boundaries. I believe.

For the last few weeks I have been trying:
Vitamin B1
Vitamin B12
Allicin
Oregano Oil
Berberine
Anothe garlic extract I’m forgetting
A pulverized licorice anti-acid pill(forgot name)
Molybdenum (trace amounts)

None of it is working yet. I just added Thiamine and NAC a few days ago.
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

The ENT confirmed I have a sinus infection in the one side. I have been referred to a surgeon to close up the “fistula” between my mouth(empty tooth hole) and my sinus cavity and make sure my sinus drains on it’s own. If this doesn’t clear the infection then he said, he can go in there and “clean it up”. I guess another dose of antibiotics on top of that? He said sometimes sinus infections linger. Man, I can’t begin to tell you how much I hope this is what it was all along. A “lingering” sinus infection. I told him that since this has started, in the last 9 years I have taken Amoxycilin twice, doxicycline once and I think another one I can’t remember right now(I’ll have to look back in-this thread to remember). So if he decides to give me antibiotics I just hope it’s something different then I’ve already done. On top of this all, I also still believe my gut has been raising major alarms. Plus there is likely a connection between the gut bacteria and the sinus if I have both issues. Right now, I’m thinking maybe the gut issue is from Gluten. I have an appt with my primary on Monday which I will bring up my concerns about Gluten and hopefully be tested for Celiac disease. Same day, I have the appt with the surgeon for my initial sinus repair consultation. I feel like I am really doing something that makes sense. And I have hope. I have a disgusting putrid sulphur smell emitting from my mouth and nose at this exact moment. I am on the train, on my way to work. I have barely eaten any food for days. My stomach is not upset. This smell right now is coming from my sinus. If it turns out to be these two things, it would make a lot of sense of my symptoms etc. over the years.
Julián.free

Post by Julián.free »

How did they discover the infection? With a CT scan?
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Julián.free wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:32 pm How did they discover the infection? With a CT scan?
My tooth was always flaring up and tender for many years but it wasn’t throbbing pain and it would go away and come back, usually when I ate a lot of sugar or bread etc. Occasionally a bubble would form on my gums near that one original tooth. Sometimes that bubble would turn to something flat and kind of flake off or just disappear. So this is why I decided to have it removed and why the dentist declared it was “infected”. Soon after, within the next month or two after the antibiotics from the tooth pull wore off of course, is when I started noticing the sulphur smell more.

When I went to the follow up visit for tooth pull they did a 360 degree (xray?)/ctscan. The dental assistant called it an xray. Let’s call it that. When the doc and I looked at the image he showed me that one side of my sinus was not draining. He and I assumed this was possibly because the infected tooth caused the blockage etc. To be honest no one doctor has said ah ha. And started figuring things out for me. I’ve been the one to point out everything and in one way or another get them to give me information so I can figure out a way for them to do what I believe needs to be done next. I don’t trust anyone. I only know I will 100% take this thing to the end. There may be some good docs out there but I don’t know who is who and it’s best to just have it all happening in parallel. Anyway the next doc that I was referred to was a few days ago. I actually broke down crying in his office.

I believe my sinus was probably cleaner then it’s ever been so I’m not sure what he saw. Because that’s the main way I get this smell to really come out(and kind of go away now/temp). When I rinse vigorously and position my face muscles in a certain way I can actually shoot pressurized mouthwash or water up my open tooth hole into my sinus. Filth, disgusting, putrid filth comes out. Not regular mucus. This strange very bright green, partly dead hell comes out. It smells disgusting. It’s the exact smell I have been having for 9 years. I can kind of get at it with the nasal flush machine thing but I can get to it much much better with my empty tooth hole. He stuck a small camera up my nose on each side. He slipped it back. I felt it. It went right into my sinus pockets to the left and right of my nose just below my eyes. He said he sees the infection in the right side, which is the side that the tooth came from.

So all of this information goes to the surgeon, and hopefully he believes it all and doesn’t disregard me. I may cry or I may smash doctor’s office furniture. Either way I will lose it if he doesn’t take me serious.

The instructions/steps I was told that will be next(by this last ENT) is the surgeon will close up the tooth hole, make sure the sinus drains properly(somewhere else), we will clean out the sinus area, I’m assuming they will give me antibiotics at some point, and hopefully that could be it. Idk man. I’ve never felt like I found a cause before. I have thought a couple times that I found a solution(I was wrong every time so far). But this time I believe it’s possible this could be it(or a large part of it). I am not assuming it is the end, and that my BB will be over right away but I am very hopeful this could be a real start to the end(when there is one). AND, I also know that I am the most mentally committed to fixing this thing then I have ever been in my life. This f@&king thing is going to f@&king end man. I’m not living with the sh$t forever. F$&k that.
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Btw, just looked at my first post. I remembered that I listed the antibiotic that I took with that scum dentist in NYC. And I found that…. I was already tested for Celiac and SIBO!!!!!! Both negative. I vaguely remember doing that with a chiropractor/natural homeopath guy years ago. Whatever. I’ll test for Celiac again. I’ve not been eating gluten for a few days and my stomach does feel more normal and less upset than usual. So I’m going to go with that. Apparently from what I’ve been reading about Celiac disease is that it takes a very long time to repair your body from it. So I plan on being in this for the long haul. The last time I had a huge BB incident that I posted about on here from the end of Jan/beginning of Feb was after a weekend of eating lots of pizza, breaded chicken parm, cup cakes, crackers, pasta etc. 3 days of it. I thought my BB outbreak was from the cheese, frosting and tomato sauce. It’s possible it was the freaking gluten!! Idk. I do believe it is all related so this part of my diagnosing will continue as well. Celiac appears to be an autoimmune so it’s not great on your gut and causes many other issues like nutrient deficiencies and other complications similar to what has been spoken about on here where people are talking about taking vitamin supplements to counter-act problems in our bodies. Anyway, it kind of makes sense to me so I’m going to roll with it. There are also levels to a gluten allergy. You can just have a sensitivity to the protein but not have the disease. So who knows.
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

I just want to type this stuff so it’s on record with this story, in case it helps anyone or it helps me in the future. After I asked them to remove the tooth, eventually someone took an Xray and confirmed it should be removed. Why? Because there was a very skinny piece of a old broken drill bit deep inside my tooth, left there from the root canal 9 years ago. Was this it all along? Idk.

I also wanted to say again that I have never understood the nasal BB thing. I just though BB is BB. The mouth and nose are connected inside so if you have it in one place you have it in another. Right? No, I was wrong. These issues can be separate. The thing is I cannot remember ever putting my hand up in front of my mouth and smelling anything in particular. But I regularly know and can smell the hell of fecal BB. I’m realizing now that maybe that was coming out of and going back into my nose the whole time??!!! Idk. It seems possible now.

I have had a steady rotten egg sulphur disgusting smell coming out of me for the past couple weeks. I don’t know exactly when or why it happened. I thought after that one weekend in late Jan/early Feb that with the Ppi’s i had pretty much eliminated the BB for about a week or so. So why did the smell come back, and why has it stayed steady this whole time? And this seems like it is the most steady it may have ever been, ever. It used to come and go, mostly come but sometimes go.

Right now and for weeks it’s just here. It’s always here. I smell it on almost every inhale. It’s not incredibly strong but it is rotten. I have been thinking about it and I think it’s possible when I let my right sinus get clogged up the smell goes down some or may even diminish completely. I haven’t fully let it stay clogged because I have been constantly rinsing and cleaning it. But then I am left with the lingering constant smell.

So, just a theory. I think the infection is there, always, and has been. And if I let it get blocked then the smell “appears” to go away because the sinus is clogged and the smell is trapped. I also believe now that it’s possible if I just breath out of my mouth I get much less reactions. I have been testing this for a couple days in crammed spaces and close encounters and it seems to be true, so far. But I smell the smell. It is 100% there. And it is not in my imagination.

I also feel the rawness of that sinus now. And just to clarify what I meant in the last post when I said, “I don’t know what he saw”, when referring to when the ENT looked in my sinus with a camera and said he saw the infection: I think my sinus was very clean at that moment. So did he just see reddened flesh? I don’t know what an infected sinus would look like. Anyway, appt with surgeon and primary care on Monday. I’ll let you all know what happens. Wish me luck.
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

The smell has changed to that of a dead animal. A rotting dead roadside animal. That’s what it smells like this morning. I have been taking the Ppi non-stop since early Feb. I do not believe the smell I am smelling right now has anything to do with my gut. I have also been eating VERY good. Possibly the best I’ve ever eaten in my life and for the longest. I am actually barely eating, because I am terrified of the smell getting stronger. It does not seem strong but it is there. So hopefully after all of this I will be able to make sense of it all. But I wanted to add this note because it is not just a sulphur, kind of new rotten egg type smell. It smells dead today. Like a dead animal. Anyway, I feel like I’m talking to myself. I’m kind of losing my mind a little.
Julián.free

Post by Julián.free »

I don't understand you completely (my English is very bad) do you perceive the smell? On the X-ray it came out that you have sinusitis? I'm lost too. My problem is stomach according to my doctors, since all the tests go well except those of my digestion
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Julián.free wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:17 am I don't understand you completely (my English is very bad) do you perceive the smell? On the X-ray it came out that you have sinusitis? I'm lost too. My problem is stomach according to my doctors, since all the tests go well except those of my digestion
Yes, I smell the smell. It is not strong right now though. I believe this is because I am not eating anything that would feed the bacteria. But ever since I have kept the sinus blockage cleared I smell the smell constant, all day every day.

No the doctor never said I have sinusitis from looking at the xray. What happened was I just started getting desperate. And I knew the most important thing was that I do something new. During this desperation people remove parts of their bodies that turn out to not be related. I basically convinced them to remove an old tooth that had a root canal 9 years earlier.

And after this, during the follow up doctor visit(with a different doctor), he said that my sinus was clogged/blocked. He saw this with the Xray. I was the one who kept repeating the word “infection” to everyone. He just said things like “maybe” the infection caused the blockage. He said that the sinus was not drained. I saw it. My left sinus was clear and my right one was filled. I wouldn’t have known the difference. I would have assumed that snot is sometimes there and sometimes it’s not, but apparently your sinus is supposed to drain on it’s own. My right side one was not doing this.

Tomorrow will be the big day. Because there will be a NEW person. A NEW doctor who I have to convince to continue going down this road. I know this finding is something. This is at the very least something. This is not going to be a complete dead-end. But this NEW doctor tomorrow has to go through with his part. Which is: 1. Closing up the open hole where my old tooth was. 2. Making sure there is an unblocked opening for my sinus to drain normally. And 3. Clean out the infected sinus. Will he do the cleaning with a chemical? A machine? Antibiotics? I don’t know. I am also seeing my primary care physician an hour before this new surgeon and I am going to beg her to be ready to give me antibiotics if this guy doesn’t take me seriously.

The thing I’m wondering though is whether I would benefit from a different antibiotic since I’ve already had Metronidazole, Amoxicylin, and Doxicycline and they didn’t fix it? Or is there a way to take a high dose of it to kill bacteria that has been buried for 9 years?

What I‘ve done differently the past few months is to open up to doctors. Tell everyone. Get help. Also do your own searches online, but have other people working on a solution at the same time. Hopefully you kick something up. I stumbled upon the Gluten sensitivity thing just a few days ago online and I feel strongly that this has played a major roll in my BB and all of my other symptoms that I thought were related to the same timeline. It’s not one thing but multiple with me, likely. So anyway, keep at it man. Make it top priority and you will figure it out. I hope I have. I’ll let you all know what happens asap.

Btw I wanted to mention that my first post on here was in 2020. But that was after 6 years of dealing with this hell. Taking notes. Trying different things. So I think I spent way too long on my own trying to do this alone, ashamed to ask for help, because that meant I had to talk about it. I had one very bad experience with a dentist and that really prolonged the hopelessness. Mouth, Sinus, Gut… What else? Organ malfunction…? Where else can it be coming from for you/me? I was convinced that I had a problem with Dairy and Chocolate. Now I think it’s possible that it was freaking Gluten all along!!! Idk man. This thing is tricky. You kind of get spun around trying to figure it out yourself. It definitely helps to do your own research but I’d say have as many people working on this thing as you can. I’ve had doctors tell me my blood work looks totally normal except maybe a Vit D deficiency, for years, and I just haven’t believed them. Because I assumed there was something they weren’t seeing. Well, yeah they weren’t. Because we weren’t looking in the right place!!

Everyone and anyone reading this, please. Stop whining. Post what works and what does not work. Try not to jump all over these freaking websites. And just keep a steady thread, telling your story. Helping us all see the full picture. Yes, jump around and get and give info. But at least have one freaking post where you are constantly uploading your complete story. I don’t see any other way to do this other than process of elimination and 100% commitment… except luck. Pray if you have to. Even if you don’t believe in anything. Whatever is takes. Scream to the freaking stars. Whatever it takes just do it. We/You will figure this out.
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

So I went to my primary two days ago. We went over all of the strange symptoms again. Ones that can all fit into most autoimmune diseases…. Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Celiac Disease, BeriBeri, CFS. Things like fatigue, joint pain, GI discomfort etc. She did a wide panel blood work on me. I got the results in my patient portal and from what I am seeing, it looks like my markers line up with Celiac. I haven’t spoken to her yet to get the confirmation but if this is the case it would make sense. I also have been very strictly staying away from Gluten, reading labels, not taking any chances, and my stomach has not been upset, and my GI process all the way through, has been VERY different since I started this. I have also not avoided tomato sauce, cheese, chocolate and coffee. All the things that supposedly trigger acid reflux. And my BB has not been any worse. And I have felt very little symptoms, like I listed earlier in this paragraph. So, even though it’s only been a week or so, it looks possible that Gluten has been one culprit of my troubles. That’s point number one.

Number 2. I also went to the surgeon who will be helping me with my sinus issue. He was very responsive. Thankfully!! He didn’t really look at anything. He just took the previous doctor’s and my words for it. He said the fistula thing is a common surgery, and he said sinus infections, especially ones related to root canals, are very common, and often linger. So maybe this is something for people on here to look into.

Here’s some more specific detail about my smells that I am really becoming aware of like I have never before. I don’t believe my breath smells. It may never have. Possibly never has for all of these 9 years. I’m not positive about this because I specifically remember feeling/smelling a difference when I took PPi’s or Rolaids or Orbit gum or ate properly or scraped and brushed the back of my tongue. But can this somehow be related to possible bacteria overgrowth caused by Celiac? Idk man. It’s really confusing. Because right now I smell the rotten hell of a dead animal in my nose. 100%. But I can’t really say that I ever smelt my breath from my mouth now that I think of it. It may have always been this sinus thing. Which is insane. So for everyone reading this, just keep this all in mind. Maybe find someone that you can breathe into their face. If they say they smell nothing but you do smell rotten sh@t egg whatever, then maybe it is a sinus infection.

And again, I have taken antibiotics before and the smell went away for that period. I brought it up to this surgeon and he said yes that can happen. And that after the fistula is closed he will give me antibiotics specific for sinus. It was a combo of amoxycilin(which I’ve had) and something else(which I haven’t). And if that didn’t work then he would send me back to the ENT and the ENT would “clean it out”. This is also what the ENT had told me when I was at his office last.

So just to clear up what I am experiencing right now. The smell is in there. In my nose. I think it is ONLY in my nose. I have been flushing it all out with salt water. This feels like it helps but it DOES NOT get rid of the smell. The only thing that seems to get rid of the smell right now is when I kind of just let my sinus and nose get clogged up and just leave it alone. Maybe that is why I have been able to survive as long as I have. Because sometimes the sinus was clogged and the smell wasn’t there and I was eating well enough to not raise the bacteria level and I would make it a few days or weeks or months with a manageable amount of Bb? Idk man. I’m still not there. Just theories right now. Until I get over the hill I have little to contribute other than guess work right now. I’ll probably sign off for a little while. I have the fistula surgery in two weeks. I’ll get antibiotics after that for 7-10 days. I’ll prob give it another couple weeks after that before I make any conclusions. If the smell comes back I’ll go get it “cleaned out”. Then take it from there. If I don’t have hell/death/rot/egg/sh$t/fecal/filth smell in let’s say May of this year, then I will feel like something new has happened. Until then I’m just going to keep working on it. Good luck everyone.
Grateful
Junior

Post by Grateful »

I too believe GLUTEN is the culprit. I have been on a No dairy, no gluten, low sugar and low carbs diet since a week now but TBH there is no change in anything. It is disheartening to keep starving yourself with your favourite foods and yet see no results. But I need to have patience for a couple of weeks as some of us saw results after 10-12 days into a strict diet. Till then wish me the luck to stay strong.
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Grateful wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:32 pm I too believe GLUTEN is the culprit. I have been on a No dairy, no gluten, low sugar and low carbs diet since a week now but TBH there is no change in anything. It is disheartening to keep starving yourself with your favourite foods and yet see no results. But I need to have patience for a couple of weeks as some of us saw results after 10-12 days into a strict diet. Till then wish me the luck to stay strong.
It will happen for you, for us, who make it top priority. Let us know how it goes, successes and failures. Maybe try one thing at a time? I noticed differences with all
the diet changes within days. And I’m finding it much easier to remove Gluten than anything else which is very helpful mentally, so far. Good luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic