Your Email Address:

First Name:

It’s Working - killing the bacteria!!!!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
HopefulOne
Advanced

It’s Working - killing the bacteria!!!!

Post by HopefulOne »

This post is for those who have bad breath from an overgrowth of bad mouth bacteria. Symptoms are stinky dental floss, coated tongue, sometimes bleeding gums, mouth takes on smell of all food, breath smells right after brushing, bad taste in mouth always, when you lick your wrist, the dried saliva smells like vinegar and garbage.

The last time I posted, I was basically limiting my diet which helped because bacteria likes certain foods like sugar and carbs. I got tired of living like this so I prayed, cried, and continued searching. One thing I noticed is that I would kill some of the bacteria using peroxide, salt, baking soda, bleach, soap, mouthwash (trust me I’ve tried it all) and it would grow right back. So I started really researching on bacteria and the word “biofilm” kept popping up. Look it up....biofilm is basically the sticky substance where the bacteria lives and hides. If we don’t disrupt the biofilm, the bacteria will keep multiplying.

So I started researching products that would be able to break down the biofilm thus allowing me to kill the bacteria. One natural product kept popping up in my research “oil of oregano”. Since I had some on hand, I decided to give it a try. First I flossed my teeth real good. Floss between every tooth until there is NO smell. Be sure to floss after the last tooth!!! Next I water floss with warm water, 3% peroxide and three or four drops of oregano oil. Stir it well. Next I put a little glycerin on my Orabrush with two drops of oregano. I spread this over my entire tongue, including WAY in the back. You have to spread the oil all over your tongue. It may burn a little and you may gag, but this is very important!!! The gagging will stop after a few days. Oregano Oil can be taken internally so don’t worry if you swallow some. Next I brush my teeth with toothpaste (I use OregaFresh) AND two drops of oregano oil for at least two minutes. Halfway through brushing I put a little peroxide in my mouth and continue brushing. Yes it will foam. Next I take my Orabrush and scrape my tongue until my tongue scraper is clear!!! Start all the way at the back of the tongue (down your throat) Keep scraping the back until there is nothing there. Once the tongue scraper is clear, rinse mouth with water. Wait about ten minutes and suck on a dental probiotic. I use Windsor Botanicals. Hyperbiotics Prodental is also a good brand. When I go to bed at night, I suck on 3 or 4 probiotics, yes it’s expensive but it’s working. Next month I may do only one probiotic per day.

Be sure to use a good quality oregano oil. I use Telioils. But please be sure that your oil is diluted with olive oil or it will burn like hell...this stuff is potent!! My oil does not come diluted so I mix it myself.

Truthfully guys, this is working. After about a week, most odor was gone. Now I’m in the second week and I can eat anything I want with my mouth quickly returning to neutral. I just ate onion and garlic and I have no lingering food odor in my mouth. My tongue coat is basically gone. Next week when I see my mom I will ask her opinion. Seriously give this a try. After over 40 years of suffering, I’m finally feeling normal. Don’t give up.

KL123
Sheriff
Re: It’s Working - killing the bacteria!!!!

Post by KL123 »

Another temporary fix to mask the problem.
It's just like using a mouth wash. The only difference COULD be that your method may provide relief for a little longer before BB starts creeping in again. Your method may or may not work for everyone but for sure, it doesn't seem to cure the underlying problem. This shitty ass bacteria just keeps on producing with no natural production of elements in our bodies to tame it down.

Anyway, good that you found something that works for you.
kiraog13
Total Newbie

Post by kiraog13 »

So nice to hear you again! I read all your posts and they're really impressive! How many times per day you usually repeat all these procedures? Do you still use baking soda and sea salt to alkalize your mouth or you don't need them anymore?Thanks!!!
Freshhope
Junior

Post by Freshhope »

Glad it works for you.

I really went deep into this sibo world and it being related to
Methylation problems. I really think this forum needs to evolve and share gene mutations so we can find a common link. I’m a bit worried I’m not completely on the right path as very few people complain of halitosis with methylation issues. Mostly it’s chronic fatigue issues and brain fog . Which I do have also. I have some theories I’m thinking about but will see how it goe

On and side note . I bought some grape seed extract pills

Grape Seed Extract (Polyphenols 90 mg [90%])

I don’t know if it’s as the grape seed or the polyphenols. But worst taste and breathe I’ve had in my life. 1 day an a half and still the acidic type taste is lingering. I’m thinking if we can work out what makes it bad we can work out what the root is
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Freshhope wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:19 am Glad it works for you.

Methylation problems. I really think this forum needs to evolve and share gene mutations so we can find a common link. I’m a bit worried I’m not completely on the right path as very few people complain of halitosis with methylation issues. Mostly it’s chronic fatigue issues and brain fog . Which I do have also. I have some theories I’m thinking about but will see how it goe

I don’t know if it’s as the grape seed or the polyphenols. But worst taste and breathe I’ve had in my life. 1 day an a half and still the acidic type taste is lingering. I’m thinking if we can work out what makes it bad we can work out what the root is
The identification of the underlying cause is issue in each case of Chronic Halitosis.
Grape Seed Extract pills gave me severe gastric abdominal cramps and no positive effect on the breath odor. Perhaps I didn't use it for long? - May be three or four pills in a week.
The bottle now just sits on my shelf collecting dust with many other supplements that we all want to try in hopes to get it fixed - but neither actually works.
Freshhope
Junior

Post by Freshhope »

KL123 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:51 pm
Freshhope wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:19 am Glad it works for you.

The identification of the underlying cause is issue in each case of Chronic Halitosis.
Grape Seed Extract pills gave me severe gastric abdominal cramps and no positive effect on the breath odor. Perhaps I didn't use it for long? - May be three or four pills in a week.
The bottle now just sits on my shelf collecting dust with many other supplements that we all want to try in hopes to get it fixed - but neither actually works.
Supplement companies are loving it.🤑
I developed this theory by accident.tell
Me what you think. I was having a stressful morning and in combination with my grape seed bad reaction. I gave in and took a pepto bismol. What weird was in about 30 minutes my stress disappeared. I thought maybe this pepto is absorbing some type of hormone in the gut as well as h2s.

I read some of you guys had prevotella in high amounts in stool tests. It says prevotella uses sex hormones as growth factors. I really going to check all my hormones . Maybe a hormone imbalance could be making certain bacteria over grow

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevotella_intermedia
naom

Post by naom »

HopefulOne wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:03 am This post is for those who have bad breath from an overgrowth of bad mouth bacteria. Symptoms are stinky dental floss, coated tongue, sometimes bleeding gums, mouth takes on smell of all food, breath smells right after brushing, bad taste in mouth always, when you lick your wrist, the dried saliva smells like vinegar and garbage.

The last time I posted, I was basically limiting my diet which helped because bacteria likes certain foods like sugar and carbs. I got tired of living like this so I prayed, cried, and continued searching. One thing I noticed is that I would kill some of the bacteria using peroxide, salt, baking soda, bleach, soap, mouthwash (trust me I’ve tried it all) and it would grow right back. So I started really researching on bacteria and the word “biofilm” kept popping up. Look it up....biofilm is basically the sticky substance where the bacteria lives and hides. If we don’t disrupt the biofilm, the bacteria will keep multiplying.

So I started researching products that would be able to break down the biofilm thus allowing me to kill the bacteria. One natural product kept popping up in my research “oil of oregano”. Since I had some on hand, I decided to give it a try. First I flossed my teeth real good. Floss between every tooth until there is NO smell. Be sure to floss after the last tooth!!! Next I water floss with warm water, 3% peroxide and three or four drops of oregano oil. Stir it well. Next I put a little glycerin on my Orabrush with two drops of oregano. I spread this over my entire tongue, including WAY in the back. You have to spread the oil all over your tongue. It may burn a little and you may gag, but this is very important!!! The gagging will stop after a few days. Oregano Oil can be taken internally so don’t worry if you swallow some. Next I brush my teeth with toothpaste (I use OregaFresh) AND two drops of oregano oil for at least two minutes. Halfway through brushing I put a little peroxide in my mouth and continue brushing. Yes it will foam. Next I take my Orabrush and scrape my tongue until my tongue scraper is clear!!! Start all the way at the back of the tongue (down your throat) Keep scraping the back until there is nothing there. Once the tongue scraper is clear, rinse mouth with water. Wait about ten minutes and suck on a dental probiotic. I use Windsor Botanicals. Hyperbiotics Prodental is also a good brand. When I go to bed at night, I suck on 3 or 4 probiotics, yes it’s expensive but it’s working. Next month I may do only one probiotic per day.

Be sure to use a good quality oregano oil. I use Telioils. But please be sure that your oil is diluted with olive oil or it will burn like hell...this stuff is potent!! My oil does not come diluted so I mix it myself.

Truthfully guys, this is working. After about a week, most odor was gone. Now I’m in the second week and I can eat anything I want with my mouth quickly returning to neutral. I just ate onion and garlic and I have no lingering food odor in my mouth. My tongue coat is basically gone. Next week when I see my mom I will ask her opinion. Seriously give this a try. After over 40 years of suffering, I’m finally feeling normal. Don’t give up.
do you use this method still?? what did your mother say?
Emanuela hoxha
Junior

Post by Emanuela hoxha »

You cant use oregano oil forever i think its prohibited cuz its very strong
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic