Your Email Address:

First Name:

Anyone ever tried rinsing with Turmeric?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
SweetKiss
Total Newbie
Anyone ever tried rinsing with Turmeric?

Post by SweetKiss »

It´s been 2 weeks since I started rinsing with it and so far has been successful. I was going to wait longer before posting here but I really felt it was my duty to do it now rather than later. It´s very simple to do as you just pour a small amount of turmeric powder into your mouth, rinse & gargle for about 10-15 minutes and then you spit it out (be careful as turmeric can stain your clothes so make sure to get as close to the sink as possible when spitting it out). Feel free to brush your teeth with is as well (your toothbrush will be stained but it doesn´t bother me). My routine is - rinse with turmeric once a day and brush my teeth with it every other day. The rest of the time I just use regular toothpaste to brush my teeth & floss and so far the sour taste in my mouth and the white tongue have just about disappeared. Anyway, I really hope you give it a try and it helps you as it has been helping me so far. Best of luck to you all! :D

Freshhope
Junior

Re: Anyone ever tried rinsing with Turmeric?

Post by Freshhope »

Never tried. I might as well well give it a go...

Man was just searching if us humans have created enzymes in the lab ... seems like it’s in its very early stages . Very hard to do. God damn it
SweetKiss
Total Newbie

Post by SweetKiss »

Exactly, you have nothing to lose. I actually saw results right away...right after doing my first rinse. I wouldn´t waste my time posting here after so many previous disappointments over the years if I didn´t feel so strong about it. Give it a try & hope it works for you as it has for me!
optimismishere
Junior

Post by optimismishere »

I put a little turmeric on my tonsils and the next day, I had a rather wet tongue. Generally, I wake up with a very dry tongue but that wasn't the cse when I put turmeric on the tonsils. Let's see. I think it's working for me. I'll update.
SweetKiss
Total Newbie

Post by SweetKiss »

That´s great to hear Optimismishere! Thanks for the feedback and hope others on this site give turmeric powder a try (In case you´re wondering, no, I am not affiliated with any turmeric companies...just doing my part to help others).
Amazed how I had never heard of turmeric as a possible cure for bb eventhough it´s a spice known for its many health benefits.
SweetKiss
Total Newbie
Re: Anyone ever try rinsing with Turmeric?

Post by SweetKiss »

1 Month Update - I just reached a month since I started rinsing with turmeric and I´m very happy & thankful to report that my mouth continues to feel bb free and clean. This is the longest any treatments has worked for me. With previous treatments, they may have worked for a week or two but then stopped working, while others just worked for a day or two. I had previously tried both mouth and stomach treatments as I had no idea where the cause of my bb was coming from...not sure what it is about the turmeric spice that has caused the nasty taste in my mouth and the white coating to disappear but I´m very thankful for it. Since I started rinsing & gargling (along with brushing every now and then) with turmeric that awful taste in my mouth has disappeared and I no longer get that nasty taste in my mouth after eating certain foods or the morning after a night of a few drinks. Plus what I like most about rinsing with turmeric is that it´s simple to do especially compared to other harsher & harmful treatments out there. Best of all, it´s cheap...I ony paid a couple of bucks for a small jar at the supermarket.
I know the underlying cause of this problem is different for each one of us but I hope turmeric can work for you as it has for me.

There´s very little research on turmeric and bad breath but I was able to find this article that you may find interesting -
https://www.turmericforhealth.com/turme ... s-it-works
Freshhope
Junior

Post by Freshhope »

Still haven’t tried this, I’m just on a break from supplements. But thought I’d comment I read that Curcumin/turmeric is used in mthfr issues. I think somehow this spice regulates genes up or down to reduce h2s production or just absorbs hydrogen sulfide. Definitely interesting
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Alright, how'd it go?

If it worked for you, you gotta come back in here. You can't just eff off forever like most people with less than 20 posts do.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

I dunno man. May be it works.
I have been taking Curcumin pills for over two years now. It's mostly to stay on top of blood sugar even though I don't have diabetes.
I am taking a very strong dose and I don't think it has an iota of effect on my bb.

This is what I have been taking.

https://www.amazon.com/NatureWise-Curcu ... 187&sr=8-5

It's good stuff but not for bad breath.
Turmeric has also been in my daily diet in the foods for the last 40 years. Nothing to do with bb if taken orally.
Will give it a shot tonight with oral rinse and toothbrush.

OP, glad that it worked for you.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

update on the Turmeric oral rinse.

So last night, I thoroughly scrapped my tongue all the way to my throat, brushed my teeth and my tongue, and then I stole a large pinch of Turmeric powder from the kitchen.

I thoroughly rinsed and gargled with it for 10 odd minutes. Rinsed my mouth with water afterwards.
I spat in the sink and noticed that some mild residue of turmeric was still in my mouth. I let it sit there so that it could do it's magic.
Got to bed and had a vigorous episode of sex with my better half.
Went to a peaceful and deep sleep after watching a movie on Netflix.

This morning I woke up and did a saliva test by taking a small sample of bacteria from the dorsum. And indeed the tip of my index finger smelled like SHIT !!!
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

quxville1993 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:17 pm
SweetKiss wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:10 am It´s been 2 weeks since I started rinsing with it and so far has been successful. I was going to wait longer before posting here but I really felt it was my duty to do it now rather than later. It´s very simple to do as you just pour a small amount of turmeric powder into your mouth, rinse & gargle for about 10-15 minutes and then you spit it out (be careful as turmeric can stain your clothes so make sure to get as close to the sink as possible when spitting it out). Feel free to brush your teeth with is as well (your toothbrush will be stained but it doesn´t bother me). My routine is - rinse with turmeric once a day and brush my teeth with it every other day. The rest of the time I just use regular toothpaste to brush my teeth & floss and so far the sour taste in my mouth and the white tongue have just about disappeared. Anyway, I really hope you give it a try and it helps you as it has been helping me so far. Best of luck to you all! :D
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... in%20vitro.

This is not surprising.. See above link... Natural Things like Turmeric, Cinnamon, EGCG (found in green tea) all sounds like some mumbo jumbo bullshit but there are numerous studies (I can link) have found that they can eradicate biofilms of undesirable sulfur producing oral bacteria (such as Prevotella/Solobacterium spp/etc.) and actually kill the bacteria itself.

However in these studies I'm talking about exposing the bacteria /biofilm for several hours is probably more effective than a few minutes (which I do not believe many if any do) . What would be interesting to see is whether leaving one of these natural products on your tongue overnight is effective. Ie spreading your tongue with Turmeric/EGCG and leaving it there. I honestly believe something like this in combo with oral probiotics could solve the issue. BE CAREFUll with certain natural products tho as there is a maximum recommended intake and you'll no doubt ingest some bits ... Be careful with EGCG for these reasons and for the fact it will stain teeth.
Just think about it.
Even if leaving the shit on the tongue overnight kills the existing bacteria on the tongue surface (just like any other mouthwash will do), but it will NOT curb the underlying problem that causes the explosive growth of this bacteria in our system.

Soon as you rinse your mouth the next morning, the bacteria production will take over and you will start having bb from scratch.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

quxville1993 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:19 am
KL123 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:45 am
quxville1993 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:17 pm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... in%20vitro.

This is not surprising.. See above link... Natural Things like Turmeric, Cinnamon, EGCG (found in green tea) all sounds like some mumbo jumbo bullshit but there are numerous studies (I can link) have found that they can eradicate biofilms of undesirable sulfur producing oral bacteria (such as Prevotella/Solobacterium spp/etc.) and actually kill the bacteria itself.

However in these studies I'm talking about exposing the bacteria /biofilm for several hours is probably more effective than a few minutes (which I do not believe many if any do) . What would be interesting to see is whether leaving one of these natural products on your tongue overnight is effective. Ie spreading your tongue with Turmeric/EGCG and leaving it there. I honestly believe something like this in combo with oral probiotics could solve the issue. BE CAREFUll with certain natural products tho as there is a maximum recommended intake and you'll no doubt ingest some bits ... Be careful with EGCG for these reasons and for the fact it will stain teeth.
Just think about it.
Even if leaving the shit on the tongue overnight kills the existing bacteria on the tongue surface (just like any other mouthwash will do), but it will NOT curb the underlying problem that causes the explosive growth of this bacteria in our system.

Soon as you rinse your mouth the next morning, the bacteria production will take over and you will start having bb from scratch.
A big assumption to say it will not curb the underlying problem. This bacteria might simply just have a strong foothold in the mouth/tongue and that our current measures do not kill the bacteria in the oral cavity to the extent where they can't grow back. I highly doubt measures such as gargling with Hydrogen Peroxide for 5 mins and scraping the tongue is going to kill all bad bacteria in the mouth.
So it comes to oral hygiene and oral clean and oral applications that you think should get us bb free?
May be your cause of bb is susceptible to such applications. I am pretty sure mine is not.

I see people who brush their teeth for 20 seconds in the morning (seems like they are doing it just a formality) and they are absolutely bb free all day long.
Why can't I do the same?

But here, I scrape tongue and brush teeth 3 times a day, use floss, avoid garlic onions, used all different kinds of mouth wash, natural products, including turmeric, 100 of different supplements, kombucha, kefir, regular visits to dentists, professional dental cleaning every 4 months, removed my tonsils, and whatnot but the explosive production of bad bacteria can't be stopped or even slowed down by these cover ups.
The underlying problem (in my case), is most likely some sorta genetic disorder which either adversely effects liver or some other organ.
Other thing in my case is that this shit is present in my immediate family members, Not all of us could be doing a bad job at oral hygiene. It's hereditary so it has to be genetic.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

quxville1993 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:14 pm
KL123 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:04 pm
quxville1993 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:19 am
A big assumption to say it will not curb the underlying problem. This bacteria might simply just have a strong foothold in the mouth/tongue and that our current measures do not kill the bacteria in the oral cavity to the extent where they can't grow back. I highly doubt measures such as gargling with Hydrogen Peroxide for 5 mins and scraping the tongue is going to kill all bad bacteria in the mouth.
So it comes to oral hygiene and oral clean and oral applications that you think should get us bb free?
May be your cause of bb is susceptible to such applications. I am pretty sure mine is not.

I see people who brush their teeth for 20 seconds in the morning (seems like they are doing it just a formality) and they are absolutely bb free all day long.
Why can't I do the same?

But here, I scrape tongue and brush teeth 3 times a day, use floss, avoid garlic onions, used all different kinds of mouth wash, natural products, including turmeric, 100 of different supplements, kombucha, kefir, regular visits to dentists, professional dental cleaning every 4 months, removed my tonsils, and whatnot but the explosive production of bad bacteria can't be stopped or even slowed down by these cover ups.
The underlying problem (in my case), is most likely some sorta genetic disorder which either adversely effects liver or some other organ.
Other thing in my case is that this shit is present in my immediate family members, Not all of us could be doing a bad job at oral hygiene. It's hereditary so it has to be genetic.
Each of us will have different oral microbiomes. Maybe yours is less susceptible to products but theres 100% something specifically out there that would help (incredibly difficult to find) if it's oral related. If there is a problem there is a cause, this is problem that can be solved but it just requires a lot of effort.

If you noticed a heavy tongue coating /PND after the start of the problem it would be fairly indicative of oral /pharyngeal origin.

Also, just because it appears in other family doesn't really mean its genetic. That could be a case of bacteria somehow spreading and colonising through use of thing such as cups/cutlery/baths. Sounds unlikely, but not really, this is exactly how bacteria spread. Exposure to bacteria > bacteria adherence > bacteria proliferation > creation of biofilm.
I am not totally denying oral bacteria to be a factor behind my chronic halitosis, however, in my opinion is the secondary cause. It's only a result of something else this is actually causing it.

And frankly speaking, it's laughable to believe that this bad breath causing bacteria spread in the family through cups and cutlery and baths.
My dad passed it on to us. My mom had baby breath all her life. You could put your nose in her mouth and you won't pick up any odor.
She should surely have gotten it from my dad as we are 6 siblings. So there must be some kissing and some physical intimacy and some exchange of cups and baths and cutlery.
Three of us siblings who resemble the facial and physical features of my mother don't have bb.
The other three of us, who resemble the facial features and looks for our father, have bb, and we passed it on to our kids. ](*,)
SweetKiss
Total Newbie

Post by SweetKiss »

I'm sad to report that after trying turmeric for a few months it eventually stopped working and the bad breath returned. It did seem to work for a month or two but like a lot of other treatments it didn't last.
I am on another treatment at the moment which I don't even remember how I came upon it. It calls for the elimination of sugar and carbs from your diet. It's been 3 weeks and so far the nasty taste in my mouth has disappeared. It's not the easiest thing for me to do as I love sweets and carbs. But anything beats bad breath so have mostly stuck to this diet with only breaking the rules a couple of times. My plan is to little by little incorporate more carbs into my diet and to permanently reduce the amount of sugar I eat on a daily basis. Have any of you tried eliminating sugars & carbs to improve your breath?
Stevian
Junior

Post by Stevian »

SweetKiss wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:47 pm I'm sad to report that after trying turmeric for a few months it eventually stopped working and the bad breath returned. It did seem to work for a month or two but like a lot of other treatments it didn't last.
I am on another treatment at the moment which I don't even remember how I came upon it. It calls for the elimination of sugar and carbs from your diet. It's been 3 weeks and so far the nasty taste in my mouth has disappeared. It's not the easiest thing for me to do as I love sweets and carbs. But anything beats bad breath so have mostly stuck to this diet with only breaking the rules a couple of times. My plan is to little by little incorporate more carbs into my diet and to permanently reduce the amount of sugar I eat on a daily basis. Have any of you tried eliminating sugars & carbs to improve your breath?
@ SweetKiss
Eliminating carbs will probably give you a case of keto breath. Not the nastiest bb, but not pleasant.
Eliminating sugar is a good dietary practice, but unlikely to have much effect on your breath.
Various estimates are that 80-90% pf cases are intra-oral off-gases of anaerobic bacteria in the mouth and throat, so with that in mind, have you determined the source? A simple test with chlorhexadine 0.12% or 0.2% would confirm or disconfirm intra-oral bacteria.
None of the plant/herb based folk remedies will get rid of smelly oral bacteria, but some may inhibit growth.
The two approaches that I know of for severe chronic halitosis are laser tongue debridement (LTD) aka laser tongue rejuvenation, and antibiotic oral rinses, followed by a chlorhexadine rinses, followed by oral/dental probiotics.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic