Your Email Address:

First Name:

any ideas? - my story

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
dianess

any ideas? - my story

Post by dianess »

I've been suffering with bb for almost hmm 8 years. I realized that when my classmates made comments about my breath (I was about 10-11).
Even my mother would comment on my breath and suggested brushing teeth. Obviously, I became really shy and anxcious because of my problem.
My moment of "enlightenment" was when I discovered that I have tonsil stones - and my tonsils are in horrible condition. I started cleaning them and it really helped a lot. Also cleaning the tongue etc - helped somehow. But still - I am here today - so well, it didnt cure me 100%.
Now I really don't know how bad my breath is. Somehow i have a social life (except dating lol - I avoid that), but I really can't say - people's reactions dont give me clear answer about my breath. Personally, I feel and can taste my bad breath - especially when I lick my wrist or have this taste in my mouth (but its way better after cleaning tonsils)

When the pandemic hit, I made an experiment - I stopped cleaning my tonsils at all (while still brushing teeth and all of these stuff) and my breath became even worse. So I know for sure, that tonsils play a huge role in my breath (thats why im looking forward to remove them).
But to be honest, I feel that there must be something else - especially with stomach. But I have no idea what it could be. Let me tell you some examples.
1) Before going to bed (after brushing and everything) my breath seems to be the worst
2) Even tho I go to bed with bb - sometimes I wake up with no bb at all - which is really strange for me, because it happens only sometimes - but the thing is that after i brush my teeth, tongue, tonsils - bb comes back (???, while it was better straight after waking up)
3) When i eat too much and im SUPER FULL (no matter what products i ate) - my breath seems to be not that bad.
Obviously, Im going to see doctors (laryngologist, gastrologist) but I have no idea what is the real problem - tonsils, stomach? Even today, I woke up with almost no bb at all, did my routine, ate a small breakfast - and when i lick my wrist it smells bad.
Sorry for such a chaotic story, but I feel hopeless as ***k. (Not to mention that I obviously tried many things on my own like gargling, cutting some foods of my diet and other shits I could try on my own)

optimismishere
Junior
Re: any ideas? - my story

Post by optimismishere »

Dude check your lingual tonsils. My lingual tonsils are in shit condition I think. They are quite hard. I push on them and get a lot of phlegm out. Sometimes I have even seen stones comes out. Today i thoroughly cleaned them and it made my bb worse. People turned back to see where the stink was coming from. This isn't normal for me. So I know for sure that my lingual tonsils are holding a lot of food for my bb. I will continue to clean them neatly and see what happens.
dianess

Post by dianess »

optimismishere wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:45 pm Dude check your lingual tonsils. My lingual tonsils are in shit condition I think. They are quite hard. I push on them and get a lot of phlegm out. Sometimes I have even seen stones comes out. Today i thoroughly cleaned them and it made my bb worse. People turned back to see where the stink was coming from. This isn't normal for me. So I know for sure that my lingual tonsils are holding a lot of food for my bb. I will continue to clean them neatly and see what happens.
How do you even do that lol
I can't locate and touch my lingual tonsils
optimismishere
Junior

Post by optimismishere »

You can't see them. but just put two fingers BEHIND your tongue. You'll feel that something is bumpy. That's what you need to target.
dianess

Post by dianess »

optimismishere wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:04 pm You can't see them. but just put two fingers BEHIND your tongue. You'll feel that something is bumpy. That's what you need to target.
Okay, thank you. I will definitely look at this tonight
blowinyouaway

Post by blowinyouaway »

how do you thoroughly clean your tonsils ?
dianess

Post by dianess »

blowinyouaway wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:04 pm how do you thoroughly clean your tonsils ?
I use special tools, which i bought on aliexpress + cotton ear stick with hydrogen peroxide + sometimes i use irrigator
Obviously, I do that everyday
But still, it's really hard to get to every stone and little hole, so tbh I always feel that there's left something in tonsils, especially my left one
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

For your own sake, don't take them out, it won't solve anything. the reason why tonsils get swollen and cryptic has to do with your body reacting to your toxicity, I realise this is rather vague but I'm only gonna write a short response.
I also realise it is makes perfect sense to make the connection: tonsils/tonsils stones smell bad=tonsils are the cause of my bb.
that's what everyone who had them taken out in here thought too and guess what? I didn't go well.
bb free)
dianess

Post by dianess »

Well, I found some posts on this site and tonsillectomy helped some people. Plus I will have this phisical comfort and won't think if i cleaned them enough etc. There was a huge improvement in my bb when i started cleaning them, so even if it wont solve the problem in 100%, it will definitely help
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

dianess wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:33 am it will definitely help
no it won't, and it will solve exactly 0%, those who report improvements are post operation, shortly after you are back to square. do some research.
bb free)
dianess

Post by dianess »

mauricio wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:20 am
dianess wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:33 am it will definitely help
no it won't, and it will solve exactly 0%, those who report improvements are post operation, shortly after you are back to square. do some research.
Well, I even saw updates after 6 years after tonsillectomy on this site (and it helped people). I know that for some people it didnt help at all, but everyone's case is different. Still, I have nothing to lose lol
+ Only by cleaning tonsils everyday etc - my bb improved a lot, so it's hard for me to believe that they have nothing to do with my bb
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

dianess wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:37 am
I have nothing to lose lol
Only your tonsils.
bb free)
Pinkyrose
Total Newbie

Post by Pinkyrose »

In my case, my bad breath got about 10X worse after having my tonsillectomy. I wish I hadn't done it. I think my tonsils were working hard to deal with the bacteria causing the bad breath and now there's nothing fighting them anymore and the bad breath is intensified and more obvious. I was completely convinced it was my tonsils causing the bad breath and that surgery would solve my problem. Now I'm dealing with the depression that somehow I'm in a worse situation than I started and I paid $6K out of pocket for the unnecessary surgery. Just be aware that yes it could solve your problem, it could have zero effect or it could actually make it worse. All possible outcomes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic