Your Email Address:

First Name:

33, Cursed with BB, Tonsillectomy made it worse!

Tell us your story with bad breath
Pinkyrose
Total Newbie

33, Cursed with BB, Tonsillectomy made it worse!

Post by Pinkyrose »

I was about 20 or so before I went to the doctor after feeling something weird in my throat. It was tonsil stones and I suffered with these and bad breath for many many years. I consistently had tonsils that were stuffed with this foul smelling stuff. I considered getting my tonsils out while I was away at college and I finally had and was required to have health insurance. However, during that first year there was a high profile case of a little girl going into a coma at a local area hospital after awakening from her tonsillectomy. That scared me out of it for many years. In January 2020 I decided to take some action and made an appointment with an ENT and was committed to getting these suckers out and changing my life for the better.
I was on a waitlist to get my tonsillectomy and then the pandemic hit. I did eventually get my tonsillectomy done in August 2020. I anticipated all the things that I could do once I had this procedure that I never had the confidence to do before without great mental turmoil. I could sing a duet at karaoke on one mic, talk loud, whisper closely to someone, makeout with people with joy and pleasure, and finally develop a happy and confident personality that I’ve been robbed of. I thought that most likely the removal of my tonsils would improve things if not solve my problem outright. I even considered the possibility that maybe things wouldn’t really change, but I never guessed that it would make my situation worse. Unfortunately, that’s exactly what happened.

My breath is infinitely worse smelling. There is now a rotten decrepit death smell that emanates from deep in my throat. Nothing helped before as far as mouthwashes, dietary changes etc and nothing does any good now. I wish I hadn’t rushed to surgical intervention. I had convinced myself that the tonsils were the likely cause even though it is estimated to account for 3% of bad breath. There is obviously some other internal source and my tonsils were likely doing their part to help fight off some of the bad bacteria. Now there’s nothing to fight it and the smell is more out in the open. I can hardly stand to live embodied with this stench and horrible taste in my mouth. The only relief is sleep. I always talked quietly before, and did certain things to try and hide my bad breath, never been a kisser in relationships, sleep turned the other way from someone in a bed, but now it is so much worse I can’t imagine trying to date or even have close friends ever again.

I wish I hadn’t gotten the surgery, but in my mind it was the only proactive way to do something about my problem. Had I not gotten it, I’m sure I would always wonder if it could have helped. So it is what it is, I still watch movies in wonder when I watch characters kiss or people talk to others with no shame and with close intimacy. I wish I never had to open my mouth again. When I try to be positive I am grateful to be in good health otherwise, and feel good in my body in every other way. I am glad not to smell horribly from any other area of my body. I can keep my outsides clean and present a nice appearance, but I will always lack the confidence to be who I might have been. I have to find a way to create a decent and meaningful life alone, despite the curse of the worst breath in all the world. I am an attractive 33 year old, coming to terms with the very real possibility of being alone throughout life because of this. It is embarrassing and isolating and hard to talk about with others. They don’t know that most of my thoughts are of my own bad breath. Constantly reminded of it because it never goes away. I try to be grateful for my early years where I didn't have this problem and for my teenage years up until 20 where I was able to date and try to have relationships with confidence.

optimismishere
Junior
Re: 33, Cursed with BB, Tonsillectomy made it worse!

Post by optimismishere »

you have nasal bb as well?
Pinkyrose
Total Newbie

Post by Pinkyrose »

I'm not really sure but I would imagine since the nose and mouth are connected some of the bad odor is escaping out that way. Mostly I have mouth BB.
dianess

Post by dianess »

What else did you do except tonsillectomy? I mean, did you check your gums, wisdom teeth, digestive system?
Pinkyrose
Total Newbie

Post by Pinkyrose »

My teeth and general oral hygiene is excellent according to my dentist. I had all 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed at age 25. I've tried various diets, removing eggs and dairy for example. Sinus and allergy medications to help with PND. My next steps are going to be having cameras put up my nose and down my throat, but I am going to be very hesitant to have surgical intervention again. I want to see a doctor of Chinese medicine and Ayurveda to see if they could come up with anything that will help.
Pinkyrose
Total Newbie

Post by Pinkyrose »

My bad breath has changed flavor after the removal of my tonsils and it's just odd. I can't seem to tell where it originates from but obviously removing my tonsils had an effect.
dianess

Post by dianess »

I see :/ Sorry to hear that. I hope you will find what causes your bb
Gutsy_Gal27
Total Newbie

Post by Gutsy_Gal27 »

Thank you so much for your post @Pinkyrose! I am a 27 yr old female who is considering a tonsillectomy. Now, I will do some research to see if the tonsils actually help those w/BB (never considered that before your post). However, I am so sorry this happened to you. I am also attractive and can understand the isolation.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

The isolation can be heartbreaking but for me I prefer this to the extreme anxiety that I feel when put in social situations. But of course these days that's not an issue.

I'm sorry to hear that you're surgery was unsuccessful but at least you've eliminated that as a possibility for the cause of your bb.

I feel the same way while watching a movie. I'm both fascinated and envious that people can randomly/passionately kiss without giving it a second thought, or ly in bed together, having a relaxed conversation without worrying about their breath. It almost seems like a fantasy and yet it's the most normal thing to do.

With each passing year, I'm consistently amazed that with all the medical and technological advancements we've made, no one has come up with a cure that would mean so much to millions of people.

I guess this issue is not high enough on the 'bucket list.'
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

at least they could examine the deceased with chronic bb, but it is not in the public interest.....trust me if there would be 30 % of all people with bad breath, they would get the gene therapy or something already......
it is a great time for halitomafia, (Katz, Speiser...) to sell their shit and swept us under the rug claiming they have the cure for bad breath. These monsters do more harm than good with their advertising......
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

I tried Speiser years ago and all they got was my money and another disappointment for me.

It really sticks in my craw when these people/companies make money off people whose suffering they can't even imagine, and the false hope they give to people who are at their wit's end, praying for that one last miracle cure.

No different than snake oil salesmen, back in the day.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Katz, Speiser, Dailly and new scammers are the scum of this earth......***k them
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

Therabreath is actually a good product. Did you read my post and try what I did. For those who haven’t read it. Get a tongue brush and four different types of mouthwash. I use peroxide (diluted with 50% water), Colgate zero (cetylperidium), hexidine (chlorhexidine), and Therabreath (sodium chlorite). Rinse and gargle each product using the tung brush to brush the product onto the surface of the tongue. Brush all the way back to your throat. Do this morning and night. Eliminate sugar, fruit, dairy, and carbs from your diet (until all the bad bacteria is dead) floss after every meal and use a water flosser if possible. My breath has been fresh for weeks and my tongue is pink. I have suffered for over 45 years. It can’t hurt to try this.
Pinkyrose
Total Newbie

Post by Pinkyrose »

@HopefulOne How long would you have to have such an extreme diet for? I am vegetarian as well so that would basically leave veggies and nuts for me to eat.
Emanuela hoxha
Junior

Post by Emanuela hoxha »

Hello sir i am new to this chanel and i want to help many people with what i know i have also tonsil stone they are little but i take them away with baking soda and sea salt warm water you can do it 3 time per day , then i have parasite on my gut which i am having a herbal cure for that and also i have some problems with my stomach but they are not related to digestive . So if you have you tonsil out of you you should star checking other stuff like your digestion or your gut , probiotics also help . At the begging I thought that the main source was tonsil but guess it was not it was parasite on the gut
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic