Your Email Address:

First Name:

Top Ten Things You Would Do

Tell us what happened to you today. It can be sad or happy thing.
Taylor

Top Ten Things You Would Do

Post by Taylor »

What if you woke up one morning, and realized that you were permanently cured of chronic halitosis, and the pandemic was over? What are the top ten things you would do, to celebrate such freedom?

My list:

1. Plan a meal out in a nice restaurant with my family members and two friends who I’ve kept at arms length because of my bb.

2. Book a hair/spa day.

3. Put on the dress that I bought 2 years ago on a day when I was feeling especially sorry for myself.

4. Arrive at the restaurant early and stand up to greet everyone as they arrived. A lingering peck on the cheek, warm hug, and a face to face ‘hello.’ And no ensuring that I had one of the end seats at the dining table!

5. Enjoy my favourite foods, without fear of making my bb worse. And suddenly finding myself the life of the party – my personality and sense of humour bubbling up to the surface – the one that’s always been there.

6. Heartfelt and loving goodbyes, once again, face to face. No cowering behind my chair or slipping away to the washroom until I thought everyone was gone.

7. Go to the movies with a friend, for the first time in over a decade.

8. Sign up to do volunteer work, where I would meet new people and have close encounter conversations.

9. Sign up to take ballroom dance lessons, a 20 year old dream.

10. Go on a date and purposely kiss that person goodnight, on the lips.

HopefulOne
Advanced

Re: Top Ten Things You Would Do

Post by HopefulOne »

I would like to go to a tropical island with the love of my life, lay facing him, kissing him, talking in his face, making passionate love!!!!! That’s my number 1-10

IN over 30 yrs I haven’t had a make out session with
Anyone!!! I would love to have normal sex before I die!
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

Taylor, I love your #8. I’m currently retired and I would love to do volunteer work, but the thought of talking to others....well you know!
dianess

Post by dianess »

God, this post made me cry.

To be honest, my 1-10 is just to live normally and achieve my goals and plans in the future, be able to have a family on my own.
I'm only 19 (I feel kinda young here) and it breaks my heart everytime I think about the future - I'm so scared and worried that all my life will look like that, having bb.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Dianess - you have time on your side so please try and never give up hope. Perhaps within the next 5, 10, 20, 30 years, a cure will be found for this affliction that we've all been forced to bear. I know that at such a young age, it must feel as if you have many bleak and painful years ahead of you, especially when you read the many heartbreaking stories on this Forum from older people.

It is possible to have some of the things that your heart desires. I'm one of the older women here and a newbie as well. I can honestly tell you that in spite of my chronic bb since early childhood, I went on to get married in my early 20's, and then had two amazing children. As you probably can imagine, it wasn't easy to pull off intimacy., but I convinced my then husband that I simply didn't like kissing, and he accepted that as one of the many quirky things about me. It wasn't easy, but I got away with it for many years. And we were very much in love.

We would all love to have a 'normal life' but for now, the best we can do is find sparks of happiness, wherever they might fall. And to know that you're not alone. I've only been on this Forum for a few weeks and already I feel a sense of relief, and I've found a place to come to where people truly get it.

If you could have a perfect day, or week, what would that look like? What makes you laugh, bb aside, or gives you joy? You mentioned having goals/plans..

Love all the responses and it looks like we'd all like to have some serious make out sessions, with someone special, and a tropical island sounds good to me!

HopefulOne - I know that 30 years is a very long time to go without intimacy, but imagine the nuclear explosion to follow when it does happen, even if it's just for one night!

I do have one more thing to add to my top 10 list.

Lying in bed on a rainy Sunday afternoon with soft music playing in the background, holding and kissing someone's hand with my head nestled on their shoulder, and laughing our asses off in the pleasure of one another's company. Just to inhale the smell of a freshly showered man...
dianess

Post by dianess »

Thank you for the kind words. It really gets hard sometimes, but I still have hope - like everyone here I suppose.
That's good to hear that you experienced love, marriage and now you have children. I definitely can imagine how problematic bb can be when it comes to intimacy, that's why personally I avoid relationships. I've already rejected few guys just because of my bb. If only they knew why..
Beside dating, I would also go for a volunteer work. I would love to work for a charity. Especially with children, because I really adore them. It's even a small dream of mine to be a primary teacher by profession, but I gave up on that - at least for now.
Another thing I would add to the list is going to a concert, party, karaoke with full confidence. Just having fun, singing at the top of my lungs.
I really do hope that one day all of these things on our 'lists' will be possible and dreaming about them will be only a memory. I truly hope for that
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Dianss:

All of the things on your list are normal activities that most people wouldn't give a second thought to. But for us the planning that goes into even a few hours out, can take hours, if even possible.

I know I mentioned this on another thread, but I found a short term solution many years ago that would give me 2 - 3 hours relief, and then I had to make the best of those few hours.

I used slightly diluted hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash, and a tongue scraper to reach the back of my tongue. I brushed my teeth as normal, scraped my tongue, gargled for 2 minutes with the H. P., and then scraped again.

This neutralized my breath for a few hours, and for that time period I had all the confidence in the world, and for those who knew me, they couldn't understand the transformation, in me, that I was suddenly more lively, and in some cases, people were hearing me laugh/smile for the first time.

I always carried a small solution of N. P. in my purse, in case I was going to be out longer, or an opportunity for intimacy presented itself. Using hydrogen peroxide in this way has given me a certain amount of freedom over the years, but unfortunately it's not a permanent cure..

I'm convinced that one day our suffering will be over but in the meantime, we need to try everything that we can and remain hopeful. I know this is so difficult, as in my experience, the medical profession has never taken me seriously.

I tell myself every day. Hope floats...

I've always wanted to try karaoke. Perhaps I should include that on my 'to do' list!

Stay safe.
blowinyouaway

Post by blowinyouaway »

dianess wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:41 pm God, this post made me cry.

To be honest, my 1-10 is just to live normally and achieve my goals and plans in the future, be able to have a family on my own.
I'm only 19 (I feel kinda young here) and it breaks my heart everytime I think about the future - I'm so scared and worried that all my life will look like that, having bb.
i’m 19 too. female. it sucks but you’re not alone. i know someday we’ll find our saving grace.
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

HopefulOne, at least you had :lol: So, now you can have some memories to live with. I guess a lot of people here have none, myself included :lol: But I’d agree relationships would be number 1 priority if you’re bb free - without the inevitable unrequited love part :mrgreen:
HopefulOne wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:29 pm I would like to go to a tropical island with the love of my life, lay facing him, kissing him, talking in his face, making passionate love!!!!! That’s my number 1-10

IN over 30 yrs I haven’t had a make out session with
Anyone!!! I would love to have normal sex before I die!
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

Dianess, I feel the same way, totally understand :(
dianess wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:41 pm God, this post made me cry.

simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

Taylor, thank you very much for bringing in the positivity! :)

Do you actually have strong bb though if you managed to convince your former husband you “simply didn’t like kissing”? He would have noticed it anyway, wouldn’t he? Do you have only mouth bb or nasal bb as well, is it strong?
Taylor wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:19 pm Dianess - you have time on your side so please try and never give up hope. Perhaps within the next 5, 10, 20, 30 years, a cure will be found for this affliction that we've all been forced to bear. I know that at such a young age, it must feel as if you have many bleak and painful years ahead of you, especially when you read the many heartbreaking stories on this Forum from older people.

It is possible to have some of the things that your heart desires. I'm one of the older women here and a newbie as well. I can honestly tell you that in spite of my chronic bb since early childhood, I went on to get married in my early 20's, and then had two amazing children. As you probably can imagine, it wasn't easy to pull off intimacy., but I convinced my then husband that I simply didn't like kissing, and he accepted that as one of the many quirky things about me. It wasn't easy, but I got away with it for many years. And we were very much in love.

We would all love to have a 'normal life' but for now, the best we can do is find sparks of happiness, wherever they might fall. And to know that you're not alone. I've only been on this Forum for a few weeks and already I feel a sense of relief, and I've found a place to come to where people truly get it.

If you could have a perfect day, or week, what would that look like? What makes you laugh, bb aside, or gives you joy? You mentioned having goals/plans..

Love all the responses and it looks like we'd all like to have some serious make out sessions, with someone special, and a tropical island sounds good to me!

HopefulOne - I know that 30 years is a very long time to go without intimacy, but imagine the nuclear explosion to follow when it does happen, even if it's just for one night!

I do have one more thing to add to my top 10 list.

Lying in bed on a rainy Sunday afternoon with soft music playing in the background, holding and kissing someone's hand with my head nestled on their shoulder, and laughing our asses off in the pleasure of one another's company. Just to inhale the smell of a freshly showered man...
Last edited by simple on Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

Dianess, it’s good you have attention from the opposite sex :) But what do you mean “if only they knew why”? They didn’t know you personally well to notice or your bb is not very noticeable anyway? Is it only mouth bb you have? In that case, it could be a lot easier to solve because the number of causes is smaller :)
dianess wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:34 pm Thank you for the kind words. It really gets hard sometimes, but I still have hope - like everyone here I suppose.
That's good to hear that you experienced love, marriage and now you have children. I definitely can imagine how problematic bb can be when it comes to intimacy, that's why personally I avoid relationships. I've already rejected few guys just because of my bb. If only they knew why..
Beside dating, I would also go for a volunteer work. I would love to work for a charity. Especially with children, because I really adore them. It's even a small dream of mine to be a primary teacher by profession, but I gave up on that - at least for now.
Another thing I would add to the list is going to a concert, party, karaoke with full confidence. Just having fun, singing at the top of my lungs.
I really do hope that one day all of these things on our 'lists' will be possible and dreaming about them will be only a memory. I truly hope for that
dianess

Post by dianess »

simple wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:06 am Dianess, it’s good you have attention from the opposite sex :) But what do you mean “if only they knew why”? They didn’t know you personally well to notice or your bb is not very noticeable anyway? Is it only mouth bb you have? In that case, it could be a lot easier to solve because the number of causes is smaller :)
dianess wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:34 pm Thank you for the kind words. It really gets hard sometimes, but I still have hope - like everyone here I suppose.

Hey! I get most reactions while speaking close to someone etc. I'm not sure if I have nosal bb - maybe I have (?) but I don't see much reactions in buses, crowds etc, so it's veeeeeery hard to tell. Plus I'm always trying to drink water every minute, eat a snack, take zinc tablets/gums - and it definitely helps me to "survive" when I'm around people (+ good oral routine) but obviously I avoid talking near to someone's face.
So I have no idea if they had noticed. Maybe they had but they didn't care or thought its temporary? I really don't know how noticeable is my bb. I don't think I have the worst bb ever, but what if I'm wrong and people are just being nice or they don't care? I really have no clue and it's driving me crazy. But I'm sure that I have it because I have this taste in my mouth and test with licking wrist don't give me the best results (and I heard comments about my bb when I was younger)
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

Dianess, I guess you don’t have nasal bb and your bb is not bad - if you would have strong or nasal bb then people would have reacted strongly with sneezing, etc, it would be impossible to dismiss. Have you tried certain things to eliminate it? Since you’re young, you have the advantage of time :)
the people on this forum who cured their bb usually got there by trial & error active approach
Also, do you have sour taste, acidic saliva?
dianess wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:42 pm Hey! I get most reactions while speaking close to someone etc. I'm not sure if I have nosal bb - maybe I have (?) but I don't see much reactions in buses, crowds etc, so it's veeeeeery hard to tell. Plus I'm always trying to drink water every minute, eat a snack, take zinc tablets/gums - and it definitely helps me to "survive" when I'm around people (+ good oral routine) but obviously I avoid talking near to someone's face.
So I have no idea if they had noticed. Maybe they had but they didn't care or thought its temporary? I really don't know how noticeable is my bb. I don't think I have the worst bb ever, but what if I'm wrong and people are just being nice or they don't care? I really have no clue and it's driving me crazy. But I'm sure that I have it because I have this taste in my mouth and test with licking wrist don't give me the best results (and I heard comments about my bb when I was younger)
dianess

Post by dianess »

simple wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:52 pm Dianess, I guess you don’t have nasal bb and your bb is not bad - if you would have strong or nasal bb then people would have reacted strongly with sneezing, etc, it would be impossible to dismiss. Have you tried certain things to eliminate it? Since you’re young, you have the advantage of time :)
the people on this forum who cured their bb usually got there by trial & error active approach
Also, do you have sour taste, acidic saliva?
dianess wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:42 pm Hey! I get most reactions while speaking close to someone etc. I'm not sure if I have nosal bb - maybe I have (?) but I don't see much reactions in buses, crowds etc, so it's veeeeeery hard to tell. Plus I'm always trying to drink water every minute, eat a snack, take zinc tablets/gums - and it definitely helps me to "survive" when I'm around people (+ good oral routine) but obviously I avoid talking near to someone's face.
I try to be positive and think that my bb isn't that bad but I don't know. I'm scared that I have really strong bb and nasal bb but people got used to that or they try to be polite. I really don't know :( I try to notice every possible reaction etc and I haven't seen much reactions when I don't speak. I really hope that even if I have nasal bb - it isn't that strong :/
Yeah, I have tried some things but in general what helped me the most was cleaning tonsils and keeping good oral hygiene. But still, there's definitely something bigger causing this freaking bb. I have also tried some supplements which helped some people here but for me it didn't solve the problem.
Right now I try to maintain healthy lifestyle and do all possible tests. I have done already basics - blood tests etc. I have in plans other testes - for allergies and parasities, endoscopy, dna test ( I really hope I don't have any gene mutation, but who knows ) etc. There has to be a reason for this shit, so I want to check everything. And about the sour taste, acidic saliva - yes, I have it
And what about you? Do you know what causes your bb?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic