Your Email Address:

First Name:

volunteer gastro

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
roam1

volunteer gastro

Post by roam1 »

at this point im so broke and desparate, cannot afford and treatment and nhs has just stopped. are there any institutions or places i can volunteer as a guinea pig to be tested. i am at a lose end now, realise this post is ridiculous. but cnanot after naturopath or private gastro doctors. so lost

i'm sure my issues as gastor relate, have sibo and other issues, but cannopt find root cause.

Taylor

Re: volunteer gastro

Post by Taylor »

Roam1 - your posts aren't ridiculous at all. We're all in the same boat!

Have your doctors confirmed that you have sibo? If not, is it possible that your bb is tongue/throat related? Sorry for the questions but just trying to help you brainstorm so my questions may seem ridiculous!

Unless you're in acute pain, I'm not sure that any doctors would be performing surgeries right now that aren't considered 'essential.'

I'm assuming that you live in the U.S. and wouldn't have access to health care? So in that case, surgery would cost thousands of dollars? I'm Canadian and we have free health care the minute we're born, including any kind of surgery other than cosmetic. Hence my questions. As a Canadian, I'm very lucky to live in a country where health care is not something I ever have to worry about.

I know that churches will sometimes help people who can't afford needed medications, and other cost of living issues. But I imagine that many churches are stretched to the max these days with their 'discretionary funds' being taxed by so many people in need. If you don't have family/friends who could help out during this time of need, it wouldn't hurt to call around to a few churches and share your story.

I'm not sure what NBS is...

Good luck.
roam1

Post by roam1 »

thanks taylor, my problem, definitely feels gastro/ digestive related. i had a sibo test that was positive about 5 years ago, after a decade of bb- but i had not followed protocols to resolve it, as was switichng between private healthcare and couldnt afford consultation for medicine.
i am from my stools- smell/frequency/ (too much info sorry)increasing food sensitivties/intolerances/ fatigue etc that it is gut related. have tried many diets and will contonue with sibo meds- i am just worried that without that root cause it will just recur. as its mostly like a bandaid the meds.

i am in UK, so currently doing this on healthcare, but is very slow process, especially with covid its not a priority for them. and even then, they follow so many steps, its veyr long winded and doctors are quite rigid- will not listen about an 'underlying' cause and just says we will come to that is it relapses. feels liek we are doing half a job together, waiting for a fail, to then revise what the problem could be.

yes i will try and reach out, it is always difficult without being able to share the reason (bb) with anyone
Kaybay
Junior
United States of America

Post by Kaybay »

Roam1 what diets have you tried and for how long? Have you tried low fodmap diet? I tested positive for Sibo and have chronic bad breath and wanting to go on a diet but I idk which one would help and afraid of trying something and failing again:(
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Roam1 - my daughter lives in the UK and I lived there as well, for a year, and absolutely loved it. History around every corner!

I'm curious to know what kind of diets you've tried as well, as I now very little about the stomach/bad breath connection, since mine is tongue & throat related.

I know it's hard to reach out but hopefully you can find a way to do so without having to disclose this highly personal issue.

Good luck and please keep us posted with your efforts, especially during these difficult times.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic