Your Email Address:

First Name:

Searching For A Cure- Update 3

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
searching_for_acure2
Total Newbie

Searching For A Cure- Update 3

Post by searching_for_acure2 »

I got the results of my SIBO test. I have a mix of hydrogen and methane SIBO. This is the treatment plan I will be following:

Biofilm buster (Interfase Plus) for at least a week before starting the antibiotics

then

Xifaxan 550mg 3x a day for 14 days
Neomycin 500mg 2x a day for 14 days
5g partially hydrolyzed guar gum (phgg) daily while taking antibiotics

After the 14 days
Candibactin-BR for 3-4 months
Candibactin-AR for 3-4 months
Low FODMAP, Low Fermentable SIBO diet

Slowly reintroduce medium and high FODMAP foods.

I've started taking the biofilm buster (Interfase Plus) and I feel like it is already helping. I take it in between meals 1- 2 times a day.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Searching For A Cure- Update 3

Post by Jimi Stein »

who prescribed these meds? Is this a new protocol?
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

Here’s info about Interphase buofilm buster, which might explain the antibiotics offering only temporary relief (many on this forum has posted about bb coming back after antibiotics):
‘’Biofilm consists of microorganisms encased within a self-produced matrix of exopolysaccharides and exoproteins that strongly adheres to interfaces and resists dislodgement. Microorganisms residing within biofilms are highly resistant to antimicrobials including antibiotics and bacteriocins produced by probiotics. InterFase® is a unique enzyme formulation that is especially designed to disrupt the biofilm matrix that embeds gastrointestinal organisms.† Enzymes in InterFase® are selected for their ability to lyse the extracellular polymers commonly found in biofilm as well as degrade bacterial and yeast cell wall structures.† The enzyme blend in InterFase® was developed using in vitro testing of antibiofilm activity and was found to have significant antibiofilm activity resulting in meaningful degradation of undesirable biofilm communities.† InterFase® is intended for use in conjunction with efforts to support normal gastrointestinal function and microbiota.† As an adjunct, it is best combined with use of a high-strength, broad-spectrum, multispecies probiotic formulation and a prebiotic to encourage the formation of healthy intestinal microbial biofilm communities.† The capsules should be taken away from meals to maximize the enzyme effects.‘’
Probably, it’s always best to combine biofilm buster with antibiotics for them to have a more permanent effect.
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

Searching_for_acure2, what has the doc said about the ‘’ 5g partially hydrolyzed guar gum (phgg) daily while taking antibiotics’’?
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

A very impo info for others for whom ANTIBIOTICS OFFER ONLY TEMPORARY HELP!!!!
https://kresserinstitute.com/biofilm-wh ... -treat-it/
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

Hi, searching_for_acure2, how has this week been so far for you?
searching_for_acure2 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:25 pm I got the results of my SIBO test. I have a mix of hydrogen and methane SIBO. This is the treatment plan I will be following:

Biofilm buster (Interfase Plus) for at least a week before starting the antibiotics

then

After the 14 days

I've started taking the biofilm buster (Interfase Plus) and I feel like it is already helping. I take it in between meals 1- 2 times a day.
searching_for_acure2
Total Newbie

Jimi Stein wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:24 pm who prescribed these meds? Is this a new protocol?
My GI dr prescribed Xifaxan for SIBO without testing me for SIBO. I wanted to get tested before taking antibiotics so I found a functional doctor who has a MD. The functional dr gave me the SIBO test, and prescribed the Neomycin. A combination of Xifaxan and Neomycin is standard treatment for methane SIBO. The functional dr recommends Dr Allison Siebecker's website siboinfo.com for info/treatment/food plans.

I decided to add the phgg because of a clinical trial result: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20937045/

This isn't a new protocol, it is just an extended treatment plan with antibiotics and herbal treatment tailored to my test results, which is what I wanted. The GI dr just wanted me to take Xifaxan for 30 days.
searching_for_acure2
Total Newbie

simple wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:52 am Here’s info about Interphase buofilm buster, which might explain the antibiotics offering only temporary relief (many on this forum has posted about bb coming back after antibiotics):
‘’Biofilm consists of microorganisms encased within a self-produced matrix of exopolysaccharides and exoproteins that strongly adheres to interfaces and resists dislodgement. Microorganisms residing within biofilms are highly resistant to antimicrobials including antibiotics and bacteriocins produced by probiotics. InterFase® is a unique enzyme formulation that is especially designed to disrupt the biofilm matrix that embeds gastrointestinal organisms.† Enzymes in InterFase® are selected for their ability to lyse the extracellular polymers commonly found in biofilm as well as degrade bacterial and yeast cell wall structures.† The enzyme blend in InterFase® was developed using in vitro testing of antibiofilm activity and was found to have significant antibiofilm activity resulting in meaningful degradation of undesirable biofilm communities.† InterFase® is intended for use in conjunction with efforts to support normal gastrointestinal function and microbiota.† As an adjunct, it is best combined with use of a high-strength, broad-spectrum, multispecies probiotic formulation and a prebiotic to encourage the formation of healthy intestinal microbial biofilm communities.† The capsules should be taken away from meals to maximize the enzyme effects.‘’
Probably, it’s always best to combine biofilm buster with antibiotics for them to have a more permanent effect.
Thank you!!
searching_for_acure2
Total Newbie

simple wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:56 am Searching_for_acure2, what has the doc said about the ‘’ 5g partially hydrolyzed guar gum (phgg) daily while taking antibiotics’’?
I told the functional dr I wanted to add that to my treatment because of a clinical trial result: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20937045/
She didn't see a problem with it.
searching_for_acure2
Total Newbie

simple wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:50 pm Hi, searching_for_acure2, how has this week been so far for you?

I decided to wait to start the antibiotics. When I picked up the Neomycin from the pharmacy, I was informed it has a FDA black box warning- meaning it can potentially cause health issues (like hearing problems) and can interact with other medications. I was using eye drops for dry eyes that contains a drug that interacts with Neomycin. Out of safety, I thought it was best to quit the eye drops and wait a while before starting the meds. I'll update again during/after treatment.
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

Sure, I’ll hang around! I hope you’ll be cured!

Neomycin though is considered very potent (compared to other antibiotics) and can permanently alter the microbiome, so you gotta be careful with it... and take the right kind of probiotics afterwards (the ones that are allowed for sibo). But the combination you’re taking is the most potent one among the meds:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19996983/
searching_for_acure2 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:05 am
I decided to wait to start the antibiotics. When I picked up the Neomycin from the pharmacy, I was informed it has a FDA black box warning- meaning it can potentially cause health issues (like hearing problems) and can interact with other medications. I was using eye drops for dry eyes that contains a drug that interacts with Neomycin. Out of safety, I thought it was best to quit the eye drops and wait a while before starting the meds. I'll update again during/after treatment.
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

Hi Searching_for_a_cure2, how has the treatment gone? Have the treatment & diet helped so far?
searching_for_acure2 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:25 pm I got the results of my SIBO test. I have a mix of hydrogen and methane SIBO. This is the treatment plan I will be following:

then

After the 14 days

searching_for_acure2
Total Newbie

Hi! I only just started my treatment and I am on Day 2. So far, so good! My bad breath is gone and I am eating an unrestricted diet while on the antibiotics. I posted an Update 4 today, and plan to regularly update during my treatment.
searching_for_acure2
Total Newbie

Hi! I only just started my treatment and I am on Day 2. So far, so good! My bad breath is gone and I am eating an unrestricted diet while on the antibiotics. I posted an Update 4 today, and plan to regularly update during my treatment.
simple wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:44 pm Hi Searching_for_a_cure2, how has the treatment gone? Have the treatment & diet helped so far?

then

After the 14 days

Ghana3

Post by Ghana3 »

searching_for_acure2 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:22 pm Hi! I only just started my treatment and I am on Day 2. So far, so good! My bad breath is gone and I am eating an unrestricted diet while on the antibiotics. I posted an Update 4 today, and plan to regularly update during my treatment.
simple wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:44 pm Hi Searching_for_a_cure2, how has the treatment gone? Have the treatment & diet helped so far?

then

After the 14 days

Hey, how is your breath since the treatment ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic