Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bad taste in the mouth - what is your flavour?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
simple
Advanced

Bad taste in the mouth - what is your flavour?

Post by simple »

Do you frequently get bad taste in the mouth? What does it taste like: sour, metallic, urine/ammonia, fecal, etc? Have you noticed anything exacerbating it? I have read many people here reporting carbs create sour taste for them.

I have sour taste from eating any carbs, anything sweet, some fruits. Dairy products give a kind of a rotten taste. When I eat a protein within the daily recommended limit, while eating low carb diet, I get urine-like / ammonia taste in the mouth for a long time. When I drink from a glass of water previously drunken by me few hours ago, the water tastes weird (old, rotten), as if it got spolied from the contact with my saliva.

Do you have any similar or different experiences in terms of bad taste?

stinkystink
Total Newbie
Re: Bad taste in the mouth - what is your flavour?

Post by stinkystink »

Mine is usually sour or bitter. I have the same experience with water too! If I drink from my water bottle and take a sip a couple hours later, it smells and tastes off. I remember I had a bottle of water at home and my dad thought it was his, he took a sniff and said “I don’t know how long this has been here but I think the water is bad”
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

Hi Stinkystink, welcome to the club, same thing here :mrgreen: Have you noticed the bitter / sour taste worsening after eating carbohydrates or dairy? Do you also have any GI conditions or symptoms? I might have Sibo, but haven’t undergone testing yet.
stinkystink wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:14 am Mine is usually sour or bitter. I have the same experience with water too! If I drink from my water bottle and take a sip a couple hours later, it smells and tastes off. I remember I had a bottle of water at home and my dad thought it was his, he took a sniff and said “I don’t know how long this has been here but I think the water is bad”
optimismishere
Junior

Post by optimismishere »

I am trying to correctly do the Raymond's breathing technique (Ujjayi breathing) and I am tasting vomit at the back of the throat. I think it's working slowly.
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

optimismishere wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:36 pm I am trying to correctly do the Raymond's breathing technique (Ujjayi breathing) and I am tasting vomit at the back of the throat. I think it's working slowly.
Hi Optimismishere, could it be reflux? Have you been on that path yet?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic