Your Email Address:

First Name:

I thought this was it

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Hello567
Total Newbie

I thought this was it

Post by Hello567 »

Man! I'm at my wits end. I'm exhausted and can't catch a break. I'm tired of trying.

I have been suffering from nasal bb that fills a room for more than a decade by now and have tried everything under the sun at this point. Nothing works. Multiple visits to gastroenterologist, ENT, primary care, CT Scans of brain, endoscopy, adenoids surgery, SIBO test, stool test, multiple probiotics from amazon, sinus rinses, diet change...you name it. Nothing has worked so far despite my efforts.

My bb has been distinct in that it literally is the same odor as my fart/shit but not as strong. It really felt like I was exhaling whatever was in my intestines every time I breathed. Literally! It smelled exactly like that and people's reaction is that of smelling a fart. I have been asked if I farted and have also been told by a kid once that my nose smelt bad.

So what led me to this rant/vent?!
I recently went again to my ENT doctor to see if tonsil stones were the root cause of this ordeal all of this time and if tonsillectomy was feasible. My doctor told me that there is a possibility but first to try an antibiotic that will clear tonsil stones temporarily and we can do the tonsillectomy if that works. I was given Clindamycin HCl for 10 days. I have taken antibiotics multiple times in the past and have seen temporary relief for a week so this wasn't no different. First thing I noticed is that the horrid poop/fart smell was reduced significantly. Now I didn't have that fecal smell in my mouth (again pretty same experience with past antibiotic use). But my nose still had this smell of which is kinda hard to explain but musty mucus build up smell. I tried neti pot to see if that would clear it up but it didn't make that much of a difference. So I started researching what else I can try and came across a comment on reddit suggesting to give oregano oil a try. I have tried oregano oil capsules in the past and it made my shit solid as rock and had hard time getting it out and had to stop immediately after one use. Well, that was a couple of years ago and there is no harm trying again I said to myself. I bought Piping Rock Oil of Oregano 4000mg from Amazon and started using it twice a day after finishing the antibiotic. I paired that with daily nasal rinse in the morning and that was the best I felt in a decade. I literally had no congestion in my nose and the musty smell was reduced by a lot. My farts/💩 had no smell and for comparison before starting the antibiotic it smelt like something died inside of me every time I took a shit or farted. During the antibiotic course, that was gone but there was still some odor but this time I literally can't smell anything so I thought to myself this is it!! You have cracked the code finally, now enjoy your life asa normal person. I continued taking the oregano for a a couple of days and then started testing reactions from people.

"***k my life!" I muttered under my breath every time my people started covering their nose or exhaled heavily which seemed like they're trying to repel the stench. I didn't have to talk to trigger a reaction, my mere presence in a room was more than enough for all sorts of reactions. Back to the drawing board. I tried to get a whiff of my breath outside and was able to smell this mix of oregano oil with some other stuff which I can't describe. It's not pleasant. Chatgpt tells me oregano oil contains volatile compounds that can be absorbed into to the blood stream and be execrated through breath.

I'm going to stop taking the capsules for a week and see if it gets any better. I thought I had a cure but not there yet. I'm exhausted and desperate but nothing I can do except keeping trying different stuff.

Lotusflower
Total Newbie

Re: I thought this was it

Post by Lotusflower »

I heard a lot about oregano oil too! we gotta keep trying!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic