Your Email Address:

First Name:

Can you give me some advice? Thanks :)

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
telpar
Junior
Can you give me some advice? Thanks :)

Post by telpar »

I need an advice.
Since I was 10 I have had bad breath and have always had a bad taste in my mouth.
Now that bad taste is gone, ever since I've done these things:
1) I use a soft-bristled manual toothbrush instead of an electric toothbrush
2) I improved my tongue brushing technique, brushing gently and longer
3) started using toothpaste containing zinc + mouthwash and zinc tongue paste (I don't say the trade names, because I don't want to sponsor anything, but the mouthwash is mentioned favorably by Aydin Murat in his book available online on the site).
The mouthwash I am talking about does not contain chlorhexidine or cetylpyridinium chloride. I don't know the name. Here it has been mentioned several times, so no new news for you.

The situation, as far as I'm concerned, has worsened. Because before I got a bad taste in my mouth, I received reactions from people, explicit comments, and I knew I had a problem.
Today, however, I do not feel that I have bad taste, but I continue to have reactions from people and explicit comments.

Attention, by reactions I don't mean sneezing, rubbing your nose, but the reaction of everyone (even mine) in front of someone who has bad breath ... take a step back, talk to each other from a distance.

I would like to know if others, like me, don't taste or smell any, yet you have bad breath.

Maybe I preferred earlier, when I felt that bitterness in my mouth ...

What are your views on this? Do you also have bad breath but no taste in your mouth?
Thanks in advance for your help and support

Guy
Total Newbie
Re: Can you give me some advice? Thanks :)

Post by Guy »

I feel your pain on this one. I could always sense a sour, undefined scent in my own breath and most people smelt it as bad. Had my tonsils out but no change. Recently had a wisdom tooth out and the bad taste has totally gone, when I breath into a paper mask and quickly breath in through my nose it's totally scent free..... but only to me. I still get the same reactions as before from other people. Personally I have no luck with mouthwashes, tried loads no luck. I've just posted on Dr Murat thread asking if their a waste of time, maybe I'm using the crap ones! The only thing that helps me orally, albeit temporarily, is brushing my tounge with Chlorhexidine (alcohol free) but its only effective for a limited time. Even then it may just be temporarily masking something else.
telpar
Junior
Re: Can you give me some advice? Thanks :)

Post by telpar »

While waiting for Doctor Murat to answer you, you can read his comparison on some mouthwashes.
The best is Halitosil Zn. The formula is from Dr. Murat. He doesn't sell mouthwash, and he doesn't make money from it.
Unfortunately it is not sold outside of Turkey.

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _halitosis
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic