Your Email Address:

First Name:

My cure for fecal BB

Tell us your story with bad breath
Rikki 2.0
Total Newbie

My cure for fecal BB

Post by Rikki 2.0 »

Some background: I have had fecal BB for almost 20 years - from my young teens until now in my early 30’s.
I have tried just about everything including antibiotics, cleanses, fasting, herbs, tinctures, enemas, expensive mouthwashes, hydrogen peroxide, going carb free / GF/ dairy free, etc. I have been to gastroenterologists, ENTs, dentists specializing in BB, naturopaths, etc. Nothing helped at all. The only thing that ever showed improvement was when I took the antibiotic, Flagyl which I learned about from this site. But the results only lasted 2 days.
My BB would get a lot worse when I’d eat sugar, gluten and dairy. My BB is fecal smelling and I often had a white coating on my tongue. I have IBS and also have BO, but it isn’t nearly as bad as my BB. If you have a similar situation, then what’s worked for me may also work for you.

What’s working: For the last several weeks, I have been drinking celery juice every single day (about 2cups worth).
I had tried green juice with a mixture of veggies - it didn't work for me. It had to be specifically celery juice.
I juice a large handful of celery stalks and 1 cucumber. The only reason I add the cucumber is that straight celery gives me diarrhea. If this isn’t a problem for you then you don’t need the cucumber. After doing this for 4 days, my BB started to reduce, and after 2 weeks, it was completely gone. Now, I do believe that I’ll have to continue doing this long-term in order to remain completely BB free - which is fine with me. It’s 100x better than the pain I experienced living with BB. Celery is inexpensive, accessible for most people in the world and it only takes me about 10min per day to juice it.
Now, when I do the lick test on the back of my hand or wrist, I literally smell NOTHING! This is the first time in my whole life that this has ever happened.

The reason I think this works: Several years ago, I went to a naturopath who drew and analyzed my blood. He said that my blood looked like it had “pools of waste” in it. He said that other people’s bodies are able to remove its waste efficiently, but mine seems to hold on to it and it builds up in my blood. I believe that this may be related to my kidney function, but my family doctor is useless and refuses to pursue this theory. Either way, I read somewhere that celery is able to assist in this waste clean-up process. If this is true or not, I don’t know. All I can say for certain is that my BB (and life) has improved because of it and I’m so relieved.

I used to scour this site non-stop several years ago under the name Rikki. However, I had to eventually leave this community since BB began taking over my life and was impacting my mental health. However, I promised myself that if I ever found something that worked, that I would come back and share it with you all.

I’m not saying that this will help all of you, but it may work if you have similar symptoms or a similar story to mine.

I wish you all luck and send you love.

telpar
Junior
Re: My cure for fecal BB

Post by telpar »

Hello,
I am very happy that you have found a way to deal with bad breath.
Thank you for sharing with us what worked for you.
Please keep us updated if you have a chance to speak to your doctor about this solution, and if it has diagnostic significance.
Beenhereforeva
Junior

Post by Beenhereforeva »

Congratulations🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙏🏻👏🏻👏🏻! How is it going? Also, did you experience diarrhea as many people who drink celery juice report? How exactly do you juice it, or just blend them and drink? Are you still bb free and how long have you been bb free? Please reply back 🙏🏻 One more thing, have you tried speaking to people and gotten reactions? Unfortunately the lick test isn’t always accurate. Thanks again
Anomi

Post by Anomi »

I'm so so happy for you!!🥳🥳
Do you eat regularly? Eating milk, dairy, coffee etc?
Rikki 2.0
Total Newbie

Post by Rikki 2.0 »

telpar wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:45 am Hello,
I am very happy that you have found a way to deal with bad breath.
Thank you for sharing with us what worked for you.
Please keep us updated if you have a chance to speak to your doctor about this solution, and if it has diagnostic significance.
I spoke to my doctor and I convinced her to check my liver and kidney function through a blood test. I'm hoping to go off of the celery juice for a bit so that my system goes back to the way it was before. I know it may not be realistic, but if something is actually wrong, I want the test to be able to detect it. After the blood work is complete, I'll go back to the celery juice.
Rikki 2.0
Total Newbie

Post by Rikki 2.0 »

Beenhereforeva wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:05 am Congratulations🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙏🏻👏🏻👏🏻! How is it going? Also, did you experience diarrhea as many people who drink celery juice report? How exactly do you juice it, or just blend them and drink? Are you still bb free and how long have you been bb free? Please reply back 🙏🏻 One more thing, have you tried speaking to people and gotten reactions? Unfortunately the lick test isn’t always accurate. Thanks again
Yes, I had bad diarrhea when I first tried it. So what I do now is decrease the amount of celery I use and juice it with a whole English cucumber. The celery and cucumber make 2 cups of juice combined. It may take a bit longer to see results this way since I consume less celery, but it's the only way it's been manageable for me. And I use an Omega juicer (not a bender). I have a sensitive gut so I feel like all of the fibre from blending the celery would make me bloated. What I did for the first few days was use less celery, but drank this drink twice a day (once in the am and once in the pm).

I've been BB free for about 3 weeks. The results have stayed the same throughout. There was a period of 4-5 days when I didn't drink the juice because I ran out of celery and was so busy that I didn't have time to go to the store. Towards the end of that period, I noticed the BB start to return. I had a bad taste in my mouth (which used to be a daily thing), the lick test was smelly and the white coating on my tongue started to form - not nearly as bad as it used to be but I could tell the bb was returning.
I haven't really spoken to too many people up close since I have to wear a mask at work and live alone, but I've had ZERO reactions from my family when I spoke to them really closely (who used to complain about my BB), nor from work friends when I went out for drinks with them.
Rikki 2.0
Total Newbie

Post by Rikki 2.0 »

Anomi wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:42 pm I'm so so happy for you!!🥳🥳
Do you eat regularly? Eating milk, dairy, coffee etc?
I'm still trying to stick to my sugar free, gluten free and dairy free diet as much as possible. But I have had some slip-ups when I've eaten muffins, cake, etc. If I was drinking the celery juice, i still remained BB free! However, as I mentioned in an earlier comment, I went for a 4-5 day period without celery juice and feel as though eating these foods made my bb worse during that time.
I recognize that drinking celery juice is likely something I'll have to do every single day for the rest of my life in order to be bb free - which I'm alright with. It's the only thing I've ever tried in nearly 20 years that has provided relief.

I'm going to do a blood test to see if there is actually something wrong with my liver and kidney function. My doctor says these are the organs responsible for cleaning the blood. I'm going off of celery juice before doing this blood test so that the results will hopefully be as accurate as possible. I'll share any updates about the blood test results, and how my bb changes without the celery juice during this time.
Beast
Junior

Post by Beast »

Thank you for this! I am going to try celery juice starting tomorrow
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Rikki 2.0 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:38 am Some background: I have had fecal BB for almost 20 years - from my young teens until now in my early 30’s.
I have tried just about everything including antibiotics, cleanses, fasting, herbs, tinctures, enemas, expensive mouthwashes, hydrogen peroxide, going carb free / GF/ dairy free, etc. I have been to gastroenterologists, ENTs, dentists specializing in BB, naturopaths, etc. Nothing helped at all. The only thing that ever showed improvement was when I took the antibiotic, Flagyl which I learned about from this site. But the results only lasted 2 days.
My BB would get a lot worse when I’d eat sugar, gluten and dairy. My BB is fecal smelling and I often had a white coating on my tongue. I have IBS and also have BO, but it isn’t nearly as bad as my BB. If you have a similar situation, then what’s worked for me may also work for you.

What’s working: For the last several weeks, I have been drinking celery juice every single day (about 2cups worth).
I had tried green juice with a mixture of veggies - it didn't work for me. It had to be specifically celery juice.
I juice a large handful of celery stalks and 1 cucumber. The only reason I add the cucumber is that straight celery gives me diarrhea. If this isn’t a problem for you then you don’t need the cucumber. After doing this for 4 days, my BB started to reduce, and after 2 weeks, it was completely gone. Now, I do believe that I’ll have to continue doing this long-term in order to remain completely BB free - which is fine with me. It’s 100x better than the pain I experienced living with BB. Celery is inexpensive, accessible for most people in the world and it only takes me about 10min per day to juice it.
Now, when I do the lick test on the back of my hand or wrist, I literally smell NOTHING! This is the first time in my whole life that this has ever happened.

The reason I think this works: Several years ago, I went to a naturopath who drew and analyzed my blood. He said that my blood looked like it had “pools of waste” in it. He said that other people’s bodies are able to remove its waste efficiently, but mine seems to hold on to it and it builds up in my blood. I believe that this may be related to my kidney function, but my family doctor is useless and refuses to pursue this theory. Either way, I read somewhere that celery is able to assist in this waste clean-up process. If this is true or not, I don’t know. All I can say for certain is that my BB (and life) has improved because of it and I’m so relieved.

I used to scour this site non-stop several years ago under the name Rikki. However, I had to eventually leave this community since BB began taking over my life and was impacting my mental health. However, I promised myself that if I ever found something that worked, that I would come back and share it with you all.

I’m not saying that this will help all of you, but it may work if you have similar symptoms or a similar story to mine.

Thanks for the feedback.
Do you remember the naturopath's name who said you had pools of waste in your blood?

I think this pro was on the right path for our particular class of chronic halitosis where leaky gut releases the sh!tty gas elements into blood stream, that gets off loaded into the lungs, and then our breathing process makes the fumes create this stinky biofilm on the tongue that becomes the secondary source of BB, while direct air from lungs remain the primary source ... who knows? we all have our fcuked up speculations to act as hopeless philosophers trying to feel good about ourselves in a desperate effort to have it all figured out ... what a fcked up life!
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Another theory that I have is, all human bodies generate a certain amount of bacteria which is more or less, in the same amount for all humans.

For example, there are about 6 Billion bacteria that live in our mouths, and there are 700 different kinds of it.

So every human has about 6 Billion bacteria of 700 different kinds live in their mouths. This includes regular normal people, and unlucky mothertruckers like us.

I think the issue could be, out of that 700 different kinds, our bodies produce an imbalance of those species that stink more.
Normal people's bodies produce more of the good ones, our bodies produce more bad ones. That breakdown of 700 is the issue.

So the amount of bacteria is the same, the amount of kinds could also be the same, it's the natural production of more stinky ones for us.

It's like a dog that can sniff and identify a person, which means, every single human on earth has a different body odor; and we have no control to change the quality of odor because that's what our bodies produce. And it's just that our bodies produce more stinky kind of bacteria and gases?

I think, perhaps gene therapy could be our best hope.

We may not see a good cure or relief in our life times, but hopefully, our kids or their generation may see a light of hope. Lets hope so.
Beenhereforeva
Junior

Post by Beenhereforeva »

Thank you for replying. Before the celery juice, did you have constipation issues? Meaning were you unable to do number 2 everyday? I never had that but I am trying to juice as I type. It’s disgusting haha but if it works, I wouldn’t care. I’d even drank vinegar before, a but of bleach even. Let’s see! Thanks for the information.
Beenhereforeva
Junior

Post by Beenhereforeva »

I meant to say— I am regular. TMI, were you regular? Thanks again
Worst breath
Junior

Post by Worst breath »

Rikki did u hv nasal breath?
Rikki 2.0
Total Newbie

Post by Rikki 2.0 »

KL123 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:47 am
Rikki 2.0 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:38 am Some background: I have had fecal BB for almost 20 years - from my young teens until now in my early 30’s.

Thanks for the feedback.
Do you remember the naturopath's name who said you had pools of waste in your blood?

I think this pro was on the right path for our particular class of chronic halitosis where leaky gut releases the sh!tty gas elements into blood stream, that gets off loaded into the lungs, and then our breathing process makes the fumes create this stinky biofilm on the tongue that becomes the secondary source of BB, while direct air from lungs remain the primary source ... who knows? we all have our fcuked up speculations to act as hopeless philosophers trying to feel good about ourselves in a desperate effort to have it all figured out ... what a fcked up life!
I can't remember the exact name, but it was a male Naturopath in Toronto. Honestly, other than learning this information, which was actually shared with me by the lab tech who read my blood results, I had a bad experience with him and wouldn't recommend him. He rushed me, didn't provide detail and only recommended that I go to my family doctor for antibiotics to solve this issue. But I 100% agree that this is likely the cause of many of our issues. I have so many digestive problems and know that leaky gut is a significant concern. Especially since it would get so much worse with certain foods.
Rikki 2.0
Total Newbie

Post by Rikki 2.0 »

Beast wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:02 am Thank you for this! I am going to try celery juice starting tomorrow
Any luck if you've continued with this? I'm curious to know if other people have been helped by celery juice.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic