Your Email Address:

First Name:

What's wrong with my tongue?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
Beenhereforeva
Junior

Re: What's wrong with my tongue?

Post by Beenhereforeva »

No changes. I tried the Urea 3 times just in case and it did leave my tongue somewhat cleaner. No change in bb. 😒😒🙄🙄
I guess every time I get a glimmer of hope, I try it, it doesn’t work and the disappointment is even greater…. Best of luck to all…. The only difference I ever really felt was when I made changes in my diet. Also the hibiclens is the only thing that works when I have a social gathering. It works for 3 hours or so, so I always plan very carefully.

Stevian
Junior

Post by Stevian »

Beenhereforeva wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:02 am No changes. I tried the Urea 3 times just in case and it did leave my tongue somewhat cleaner. No change in bb. 😒😒🙄🙄
I guess every time I get a glimmer of hope, I try it, it doesn’t work and the disappointment is even greater…. Best of luck to all…. The only difference I ever really felt was when I made changes in my diet. Also the hibiclens is the only thing that works when I have a social gathering. It works for 3 hours or so, so I always plan very carefully.
The Hibiclens fix is interesting. 4% chlorhexadine.
If I may ask, how much do you use? A drop or so? More?
What do you use to apply it? A cotton tipped applicator?
Where exactly do you apply it? To the back of the tongue?
Just asking..
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Beenhereforeva wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:02 am No changes. I tried the Urea 3 times just in case and it did leave my tongue somewhat cleaner. No change in bb. 😒😒🙄🙄
Sorry to hear it made no difference for you, was it the website the OP shared you got it from? Or a different brand?

Still debating if its worth trying or not
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

@speranza @alphab @sadlife123 @spyr any updates??
Stevian
Junior

Post by Stevian »

StillHoping wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:55 am
Sorry to hear it made no difference for you, was it the website the OP shared you got it from? Or a different brand?

Sounds like quack medicine to me. The pill peddlers and herbal remedy hucksters are always thinking up new ways to separate you from your money.
spyr

Post by spyr »

Unfortunately it didn't work for me neither. I tried urea 6 times, I even increased the amount I was putting on my tongue but it didn't clean my tongue at all. When I increased the dosage, some parts of my tongue were bleeding...

From now on I won't touch my tongue again, I didn't scrape my tongue for a year because I realized I was getting less reactions when I wasn't scraping. And urea instantly increased reactions with a room filling bb from nose.
Beenhereforeva
Junior

Post by Beenhereforeva »

Same here……. Ny tongue was bleeding as well which I thought was normal bc urea is strong but just like you, it intensified…. Sucks that the person who suggested it also stopped posting. Anyway…. 😒😔
Beenhereforeva
Junior

Post by Beenhereforeva »

[/quote]

I bought from another brand bc urea is the same as long as it’s pure form and not in cream or topical. Like I said the tongue is a LITTLE cleaner than usual but no effect in the bb. If anything it got a little worse 😔😔
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Thanks for the updates beenhere and spyr, sorry it made no impact :-(

Cant believe the others/OP have stopped posting. What is up with people disappearing? Atleast provide some updates before you dissappear
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

I feel like part of the reason looks like you’re scraping it too hard and the little papillae things are irritated. I’ve realized that more scraping doesn’t do any good. I use this orabrush thing that seems to be really gentle. The more you irritate your tongue the more bacteria it’s going to catch. If your tongue looks worse after chocolate and coffee it is 100% because of acid reflux. Join an acid reflux group on fb or another forum. So many people there take anti acid medication and it does not fix the problem. There are multiple causes and absolutely NO easy fix
sadlife123
Total Newbie

Post by sadlife123 »

jo317 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:33 am I feel like part of the reason looks like you’re scraping it too hard and the little papillae things are irritated. I’ve realized that more scraping doesn’t do any good. I use this orabrush thing that seems to be really gentle. The more you irritate your tongue the more bacteria it’s going to catch. If your tongue looks worse after chocolate and coffee it is 100% because of acid reflux. Join an acid reflux group on fb or another forum. So many people there take anti acid medication and it does not fix the problem. There are multiple causes and absolutely NO easy fix
Yeah, I'm starting to think it's acid reflux as well because all the symptoms allign. I have persistent mucus in my throat as well as pain and the feeling of acid coming up. This started a few years ago while the breath has been a problem for maybe 12 years? Maybe even all my life, I don't remember lol. I'm just tired. My horrible foul breath is one thing but this chronic disgusting taste in my mouth is the worst. :(

For me it's just really hard to comprehend that stomach acid can give me chronic bb since my childhood that's extremely persistent. It doesn't matter if I eat or not, it's just always there. After brushing my tongue gently in the morning and my tongue looks clean more or less, I can still feel the bb when breathing into my hand or sticking out my tongue and breathing in through my nose. ](*,)
It only goes away for a few minutues after eating, probably because it just masks it for some time.

For the people asking for an Urea update: it didnt' work for me at all. Made my tongue very sore and bloody. Didn't peel off the hairyness. The hairyness got better after brushing my tongue more thoroughly with toothpaste and Hydrogen Peroxide but i feel like my papillae are still longer and furrier than it is for other people.

I tried an oral antifungal and also Chlorhexamed which made it even WORSE? How is that possible! I don't think mine is an oral problem because mouthwashes barely do anything.

Anyways, I'm going to try the acid watcher and FODMAP diet soon to see if it's going to improve my breath. Vegan, glutenfree and low sugar didn't work but I only tried it for a month.

Sorry for the rant :D
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

I came across this post and I feel like it’s the first thing anyone has every posted that is about physically removing the “hair” from the tongue. I feel like the long papillae things are one of my biggest problems. Especially because certain liquids will IMMEDIATELY cause a gross disgusting coating. A latte for example. I ordered some urea and just started trying today. I also did some research. This is not some guy trying to sell a product. If you look it up this is an actual chemical that is listed as a treatment in multiple medical journals. I also learned that “black hairy tongue” is the correct term even if your tongue is not black. If it has a coating and long papillae and isn’t pink you can consider it that disorder. Basically the urea is like an exfoliant did the papillae and takes off the excess. No amount of scraping is gonna do that, it only takes off the gunk. SOO if the papillae is the true problem this may help. It’s listed as effective treatment in multiple articles. BUT I did some more research about urea levels in saliva. I guess it is something that is naturally in our saliva. There’s a study that says patients with periodontitis/halitosis have HIGHER levels of urea. So I came to the conclusion that if the hairy tongue is the problem, it will help, if you have something else going on orally like, tonsil stones, abscess, wisdom teeth, gum disease etc. it may make it worse, as some of you have experienced.

I will update you if I feel like if helps after a few days.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic