Your Email Address:

First Name:

I may be on to something…

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Beenhereforeva
Junior

I may be on to something…

Post by Beenhereforeva »

Guys, I’ve tried EVERYTHING , yes everything. Aloe vera, celery juice, antibiotic, probiotic, smartm, therabr, chlorohexadine (works temporarily) , tung brush, oregano pills, chlorophyll pills, flag, omeprazole, nexium, deep cleanings, replaced fill ins, wisdom teeth removed…. Etc etc etc I even tried avoiding certain foods for some days and when I didn’t see a difference, I went back to eating. However, I came across a post on the peoples pharmacy that completely resonated with me. She was lactose intolerant and said how anytime she ate anything with dairy or sugar, she had bb for 5-10 days. It makes sense since it takes upto 3 weeks for lactose to completely leave your body. I decided to be strong and try it. I’ve had some success with Keto meaning no or low carb. But that diet uses cheese. My whole life I’ve eaten either pizza , yogurt, ice cream, or ketchup/marinara sauce. I’ve always had at least one of those in my diet. Point is I’m on day 17 of ZERO dairy and sugar and I’m actually seeing an improvement. I mean, 75% improvement. I almost stopped bc I didn’t see a difference BUT day 14 was a turning point where I actually started to feel a difference. It’s been hard as heck and I’ve even cried craving certain foods but I needed to give this a real shot. I have 75% and the small bb is manageable with Closys (without the mint) every 4 hours. This is the closes I’ve ever been to “a cure” which proves food is everything. Even those with possible Selenb1, the article says can be improved with dietary changes although no article ever says which dietary changes. My food is soo boring these days. For breakfast I have a sausage patty with spinach. For lunch I have beef with cauliflower rice. For dinner I have grilled chicken with broccoli and cauliflower rice. NO sauces. NO snacks, NO juice, NO milk, NO cheese, NO ketchup, No salad dressings, NO fruit (sugar in fruit is also bad) NO ice cream, NO marinara sauce, NO or NO carbs meaning bread/pasta/muffins etc. NO mayo, NO mustard, NO anything with sugar in it. Like I said, boring as heck but I’ve fought so hard to give this a real try and so far, I THINK and PRAY this is it. It’s HARD. I worried I wouldn’t sustain it but here I am and for the second time, I’m seeing major changes. First time was keto and saw some improvement but this is by far even better. I will report back and let you knows know if it continues or what. Praying and please guys try this. Hold on and keep going even if you think it isn’t working bc your body needs time to eliminate all traces of sugar dairy and carbs. The hardest part is the will to keep going. ONE food with either sugar dairy or carb and the whole process needs to restart.

Beenhereforeva
Junior

Re: I may be on to something…

Post by Beenhereforeva »

Additionally, I floss, clean my tongue WAY back until I gag 3-5 times a day and obviously brush my teeth everyday with non mint toothpaste (remember most contain sugar to sweeten the taste too. The mouth wash I also use without the mint additive. But the biggest change is the food. I’ll keep you updated. I need the strong will and motivation to continue not having these foods. I almost caved in the other day when my son bought teriyaki chicken but then I remember the sauce is full of sugar and butter. I held back and he kept saying just have one bite mom. I told myself that ONE bite would ruin the whole process and I held back. Remember no sauces nothing bc they contain butter (dairy) and sugar.
Beenhereforeva
Junior

Post by Beenhereforeva »

After hours and hours of research, I have come to the conclusion that we suffer from either TMAU or Selen**** disorders. It makes sense. When we make certain dietary changes, it always helps but especially dairy, carbs, meats, etc. Look at TMAU and high choline foods. Broccoli- cauliflower- all foods that make it wirse is just as TMAU. I remember on here where someone reporter accidentally taking copper and noticing changes. Also some people do well on charcoal, at least temporarily. Others report probiotics as a good way of management and it makes sense that all of these people have benefited from antibiotics at some point. All of these are common treatments of TMAU. I also know that removing dairy and sugar has helped me about 70% and now the left over I manage with mouthwash every 3 -4 hours. I’ve prayed endlessly and cried myself to sleep recently and sometimes I get depressed over this. After waking up from a strange dream- please dont think I’m crazy- but last week I woke up saying “Riboflavin”. How the heck, I have no idea but I decided to research it and found it is a common treatment for TMAU. It’s actually vitamin b12. I’ve read it takes upto 6 months to notice a difference. you’re supposed to take it every meals upto 3 -5 times a day. I read more on TMAU and although doctors don’t agree that it’s even real or that it can exist only in the breath, I think it isn’t all a coincidence. I believe this is what we all have. There is no cure for TMAU nor Selenb- but at least we have options to make it better and at least know we’re not crazy. I will report back periodically after weeks and months of riboflavin. Also mixing with probiotics after every meal and activated charcoal. Maybe all of these together work??
Anne2323
Junior

Post by Anne2323 »

Updates?

Also, are you taking vitamin b12 or b2? Riboflavin is vitamin b2.
paul80
Total Newbie

Post by paul80 »

Beenhereforeva wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:02 pm Even those with possible Selenb1, the article says can be improved with dietary changes although no article ever says which dietary changes.
A low met (methionine) diet supposedly helps for those with the SELENBP1 gene mutation. You can google low met foods to get a list and experiment with those if you wish. I have this gene mutation, and although I would love to be bad breath-free, it's too much of a sacrifice lol. I like to stick to keto, and a low met diet is at odds with keto since pretty much all meats need to be eliminated.

However, I just made a post regarding taking high-dose molybdenum which seems to be working for me, so may not even need to sacrifice at all, at least in my case.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic