Your Email Address:

First Name:

NOT A COMPLETE CURE... but maybe an help for WHITE TONGUE, PND, TONSIL STONES

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Ali M.
Total Newbie

NOT A COMPLETE CURE... but maybe an help for WHITE TONGUE, PND, TONSIL STONES

Post by Ali M. »

Hi everyone,
Ali (M, 29) here, this is my first topic, hopefully I will help someone.

I have mouth BB due to the bad smell from my white tongue (only on the back). PND and tonsil stones too.
15 years trying to figure out why, planty of ENT and gastro visits, I think I finally found the reason.

CAUSE: the reason (for me) is ACID REFLUX, or GERD, due to a small hiatal hernia.
SOLUTION: NO complete solution, but EAT properly, LIVE properly and antiGERD DRUGS make a huge difference.

How did I come to this conclusion?
1. It works on me, I'm not 100% cured, but my tongue is almost completely pink and the smell is reduced a lot.
2. In every ENT visit, the Drs conclusion was that I could have a little GERD.
3. Every other visit was fine: gastroscopy fine, no SIBO, no yeast, no parasites, no nose problems, no tonsil infections, no teeth infections, no allergies, no food intollerance or allergies. Just a small hiatal hernia and slight reflux signs.

What I want to say is that, maybe, the cause is the easiest one (Occam's razor).
I have spent years thinking it was not GERD, just because the first GERD drugs didn't solve my problem immediately and, also, because I thought I didn't have any GERD symptoms.
But the point is that if you had GERD for your entire life is hard to feel the problem.
And, most important, GERD doesn't work like this, you need time, as I said, to solve it (never completely, unfortunately): you have to eat well, eliminate a lot of types of food, eat regularly, and take drugs for even months.
Why so many bacteria in my mouth? Basically, a small difference in acidity in the mouth can build an imbalance in the oral microbiota.

I found a lot of posts here saying that diet helps. I hope I will help someone.

PS: pls do a breath test in order to know the level of your BB. If you live with BB for years your perception can be fake.
PS: sorry for my English.

Unc88
Total Newbie

Re: NOT A COMPLETE CURE... but maybe an help for WHITE TONGUE, PND, TONSIL STONES

Post by Unc88 »

What breath test do you suggest?

Also, what have you done to reduce your gerd? Like what are you eating exactly, when?

Thanks
Beast
Junior

Re: NOT A COMPLETE CURE... but maybe an help for WHITE TONGUE, PND, TONSIL STONES

Post by Beast »

I had really bad Gerd and I thought it was the cause of my bb. Turns out, it wasn’t. I also had a small hiatal hernia fixed and I even had a Linx implant placed around my esophagus, which permanently eliminates Gerd. I never had to take medication for it again. It was not an easy surgery, and it took a couple months to learn how to eat again. I lost 10 lbs the first couple of weeks because I couldn’t eat, the food would just come right up. Now it works great for the Gerd, but the surgery did absolutely nothing to solve my bb. Didn’t effect it at all. All that suffering for nothing.
And I did spend a lot of money on “tongue rejuvenation” which completely cleaned my tongue so it was all pink and healthy. I still had bb immediately afterwards! All that money down the drain, like all the other thousands I have spent on bb products and nothing worked. Bb doesn’t usually come from acid reflux. The problem most people with bb have is resistant bacteria that mouthwashes won’t kill. I had my mouth tested and that was the case for me. Once my mouth was tested, I told my gastroenterologist about it because I suspected the resistant bacteria was also in the stomach and I was right. My gut and oral microbiome are way off. Dysbosis causes really horrible bb, especially when it involves a resistant Candida. At least I know what is the cause now and I could work on it specifically instead of shots in the dark. I hope this helps someone.
Cres
Junior

Post by Cres »

Beast wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:03 pm I had really bad Gerd and I thought it was the cause of my bb. Turns out, it wasn’t. I also had a small hiatal hernia fixed and I even had a Linx implant placed around my esophagus, which permanently eliminates Gerd. I never had to take medication for it again. It was not an easy surgery, and it took a couple months to learn how to eat again. I lost 10 lbs the first couple of weeks because I couldn’t eat, the food would just come right up. Now it works great for the Gerd, but the surgery did absolutely nothing to solve my bb. Didn’t effect it at all. All that suffering for nothing.
And I did spend a lot of money on “tongue rejuvenation” which completely cleaned my tongue so it was all pink and healthy. I still had bb immediately afterwards! All that money down the drain, like all the other thousands I have spent on bb products and nothing worked. Bb doesn’t usually come from acid reflux. The problem most people with bb have is resistant bacteria that mouthwashes won’t kill. I had my mouth tested and that was the case for me. Once my mouth was tested, I told my gastroenterologist about it because I suspected the resistant bacteria was also in the stomach and I was right. My gut and oral microbiome are way off. Dysbosis causes really horrible bb, especially when it involves a resistant Candida. At least I know what is the cause now and I could work on it specifically instead of shots in the dark. I hope this helps someone.
It sounds so frustrating to go through a surgery and then bam, still shit breath. But I'm glad you found the reason eventually. Mine is probably also GERD or dysbiosis.
• Fecal halitosis since age 12
• TMAU negative
• Still looking for cure
• Feel free to contact me for anything
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic