Your Email Address:

First Name:

I’m convinced we all have TMAU

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Beenhereforeva
Junior

I’m convinced we all have TMAU

Post by Beenhereforeva »

After hours and hours of research, I have come to the conclusion that we suffer from either TMAU or Selen**** disorders. It makes sense. When we make certain dietary changes, it always helps but especially dairy, carbs, meats, etc. Look at TMAU and high choline foods. Broccoli- cauliflower- all foods that make it wirse is just as TMAU. I remember on here where someone reporter accidentally taking copper and noticing changes. Also some people do well on charcoal, at least temporarily. Others report probiotics as a good way of management and it makes sense that all of these people have benefited from antibiotics at some point. All of these are common treatments of TMAU. I also know that removing dairy and sugar has helped me about 70% and now the left over I manage with mouthwash every 3 -4 hours. I’ve prayed endlessly and cried myself to sleep recently and sometimes I get depressed over this. After waking up from a strange dream- please dont think I’m crazy- but last week I woke up saying “Riboflavin”. How the heck, I have no idea but I decided to research it and found it is a common treatment for TMAU. It’s actually vitamin b12. I’ve read it takes upto 6 months to notice a difference. you’re supposed to take it every meals upto 3 -5 times a day. I read more on TMAU and although doctors don’t agree that it’s even real or that it can exist only in the breath, I think it isn’t all a coincidence. I believe this is what we all have. There is no cure for TMAU nor Selenb- but at least we have options to make it better and at least know we’re not crazy. I will report back periodically after weeks and months of riboflavin. Also mixing with probiotics after every meal and activated charcoal. Maybe all of these together work??
Please Google - TMAU and bad breath

spyr

Re: I’m convinced we all have TMAU

Post by spyr »

It's not because it helps when we make dietary changes that we all suffer from TMAU.
Don't be so sure without being tested for that.

For example when you make a dietary change it affects all the bacteria species in your body. If you completely stop eating sugar, bacteria who were feeding on sugar will almost disappear in your mouth.

Is there a way to be tested for TMAU ?
Beenhereforeva
Junior

Post by Beenhereforeva »

Correct, but what about the copper and all other things people have reported that helped them. They happen to be the same treatment for TMAU. This is a test but many people come out negative but respond to treatment. Some doctors say bad breath must be accompanied by smell from other parts of the body but I don’t full believe that. There are articles on false negatives and explanations for it.
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

Can people with TMAU taste their breath?
Beenhereforeva
Junior

Post by Beenhereforeva »

Some can, some do not. Also, remember how I mentioned NO ketchup, no dairy, No sauces, no tomato sauce, no salad dressings etc helps me , well all of these contain Soy Lechitin. If you read, a treatment for TMAU is avoiding soy lechitin as it increases odor. Soy lechitin is added to so many products it’s incredible. I’ve become that woman at the supermarket that reads all the lables. That was NEVER me but since avoiding has helped me so much, I am now the crazy label reader. All of these make me believe we have TMAU which only comes through our breath or some have also reported scalp smell, under arm, etc but the ones here mostly just breath. Doctors may not recognize that but all of these things make me conclude it could be this for us as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic