Your Email Address:

First Name:

Advice on how to mask the BB just for TWO DAYS

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
hallytoesis
United States of America

Advice on how to mask the BB just for TWO DAYS

Post by hallytoesis »

I work completely remotely which works out great. But next month our entire team is meeting up for a two-day seminar and I have been researching temporary solutions for BB. We will be eating and most likely drinking (alcohol) together as we will also be going out at night for dinner and fun. In this case I'm not looking for a permanent solution for my chronic BB. Just a VERY temporary solution that can hold me over for these two days. Maybe a gum or mouthwash that temporarily worked for you? Any thoughts? Everything is welcomed!

JKL12134

Re: Advice on how to mask the BB just for TWO DAYS

Post by JKL12134 »

Try mixing 2 tablespoons of baking soda with lemon until it becomes a paste. Apply it on your toothbrush and clean your tongue using it. Make sure that your tongue is pink and white stuffs are gone especially at the back. Use toothpaste to brush your tongue and teeth. Your fresh breath will last for a day. Repeat the process next day. But don't forget to brush your teeth 3 times a day. Hope this would help you to bring confidence to mingle with your team on your seminar. Goodluck!
brak7
Total Newbie

Post by brak7 »

I brush my tongue with hydrogen peroxide, it doesn't really help me at all but it might do the job for you. I would suggest maybe going on an extreme diet the week prior to the meeting like only eating fully organic foods, and cutting out protein and dairy from your diet and see if it may help.
heywait
Total Newbie

Post by heywait »

Hydrogen peroxide is the only thing that works for me for a few hours. Scrape tongue first, than use 10 ml diluted with 20 ml water for 1 minute and gargle for another 30 sec.

Ideal would be to not eat or drink anything sweet including fruits, dairy, cheese during this two days. In my case if I eat salads or those chicken salads(without dressings) I can go almost 10-12 hours without the horrible smell.
kira_kira

Post by kira_kira »

Sorry for answering so late...Have you tryed povidone-iodine?Pls check my post "My routine".I wrote there,what I do in case of important event or meeting...Basically I would desinfecect my mouth and tongue with strong antibacterial mouthwash,which contains povidone-iodine or chlorhexidine(at least 0,2%), but before that I would do very long and hard tongue scraping(at least 10-15 min.)with sharp tongue scraper.Personally I found the best the one, which can be bought at every supermarket for around just 1$.It's very effective!Sometimes I also use Orabrush, but not that much anymore, because the cheap and sharp one is much more effective!!!Of course, this routine will not work for 2 days,but just some hours...In my case it works for 3-3,5 hours,after that BB comes back, but until end of the day BB is not that strong as before,so It's managable with gum or by eating food(if you sit at the table with your friends)On the second day you can repeat this(if it's possible)or you can use strong mints or strong fruity candy(all day long).I have them in my mouth all the time,when I'm outside home and I also go to parties with them, no problems so far!!!
kira_kira

Post by kira_kira »

In summer I wanted to go on a bus trip to another country together with my friend,which means sitting very close to each other for 5+hours(just a hell even thinking about that)and walking around old town for 2 days long, so I decided to get AB,which used to work for me very well.I don't know,if AB(amoxicillin)would work for me this time, because bacterial resistance to AB grows very fast!Just like to any antibacterial agent,which is being used in supermarket mouthwashes(chlorhexidine,zinc,hydrogen peroxide and so on)...I had good effect of using chlorhexidine containing mouthwash before,now it doesn't work at all....Luckily, that trip was cancelled due to my friends other plans, but the AB are still on my shelf, waiting for a special moment.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic