Your Email Address:

First Name:

Urea

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Hejhej
Total Newbie

Urea

Post by Hejhej »

I don’t understand how Urea works for some and don’t work for others. Isn’t our tongue hairs the same? I’ve tried cosmetic urea twice now without any change. Is it maybe the type of urea which is the problem? I will continue with cosmetic urea in the coming days. If i don’t see any progress I will try to order another type of urea instead.

lanegro
Total Newbie

Re: Urea

Post by lanegro »

I don’t know man I just got done applying my fourth dose of 40% urea +2% salicylic acid on my tongue and so far so good. I got the one on amazon but i won’t give the name but there’s plenty of great options on there. I noticed about 3 to 4 years ago that I had yellow on my tongue so I fasted for about 2 days and didn’t eat ANY sugar or milk just bone broth and some water. I scrubbed my tongue with salt and an orabrush for maybe 20mins at a time about 3-4 times a day and IMMEDIATELY after eating. I didn’t give the bacteria in mouth any time to digest the proteins in my mouth. After just those 2 days i saw the yellow go away, although some of the white coating stayed. Don’t be fooled by people saying its coming from your gut if you don’t have any acid reflux, diabetes, or any other internal issue. It absolutely 100% is an imbalance of bacteria in your MOUTH. After i initially got the yellow off my tongue i gave up because I was already skinny so i couldn’t afford starving myself LOL but in hindsight I probably should’ve took another 2-4 days until it completely cleared up. Fast forward to today, the first few times using urea was a mixed bag. While my tongue did look very clear after using it, i had a few spots that were bleeding because the sacrylic acid had burned TF out of my tongue and I didn’t see any difference in the white hairs. I waited 48hrs and applied another layer to see what would happen and guess what? The burned spot i noticed had completely healed (the tongue heals extremely fast) and the tiny hairs that was on it hasn’t grown back. The rest of my tongue is not completely clear but it definitely has reduced the keratin on my tongue. Another thing that i did was apply 35% carbamide peroxide (urea) on my tongue after the 40%urea/2% salicylic acid combo and it made my tongue foam up and further helped the cleaning action when i applied more salt. You can find the 35% carbamide peroxide in most teeth whitening kits or glyoxide (10% carbamide peroxide). One thing you’ll notice about reading these forums is that people are looking for the quickest fix and are often disappointed when it doesn’t come. It’s common sense that diet plays a role in bad breath and overall health yet a lot of people on this forum aren’t looking for food options or finding the root cause, they’re often looking for ways to get rid of the bad breath without putting in the work ..just my 2cents. But yeah I’d definitely keep trying and staying consistent. Apply the method above 3-4 times a day and see what happens. Don’t eat and let the food stay in your mouth. Carry around a tongue brush at work and immediately rinse and scrub. I guarantee you’ll see results. Good luck!
lanegro
Total Newbie

Post by lanegro »

It also goes without saying that this method is only to prevent the bad breath since the decrease of keratin on the tongue will prevent dead cells and biofilms from lodging on your tongue and causing the bacteria to let off the sulfur compounds when you speak. You still have to dig at the root cause and fix your diet and take probiotics! Oral probiotics might be a great addition. Get rid of your mouthwash filled with alcohol and just brush/floss and scrub your tongue twice daily. The mechanical action of that alone will get rid of the bacteria in your mouth. Rinse your mouth then take the oral probiotic.
lanegro
Total Newbie

Post by lanegro »

Update: i did two more treatments of urea 40%\salicylic acid + 35% carbamide peroxide today and my tongue looks cleaner than probably 80% of the population lol. There’s about 10% that i still have to clearr off but I’m loving the progress so far. Also i noticed after eating that my tongue doesn’t get stained with whatever color food I’m eating like it used to because so much of the keratin is gone. I still always scrape my tongue after eating so I don’t encourage new growth though. I’m going to continue doing this for 2 weeks along with brushing and flossing just to make sure it doesn’t come back, but I’m about 95% sure that extra keratin is long gone!
Hejhej
Total Newbie

Post by Hejhej »

lanegro wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:00 am Update: i did two more treatments of urea 40%\salicylic acid + 35% carbamide peroxide today and my tongue looks cleaner than probably 80% of the population lol. There’s about 10% that i still have to clearr off but I’m loving the progress so far. Also i noticed after eating that my tongue doesn’t get stained with whatever color food I’m eating like it used to because so much of the keratin is gone. I still always scrape my tongue after eating so I don’t encourage new growth though. I’m going to continue doing this for 2 weeks along with brushing and flossing just to make sure it doesn’t come back, but I’m about 95% sure that extra keratin is long gone!
Thanks for the reply. But I don’t really understand what you are using and how. Can you link your products and describe your routines?
lanegro
Total Newbie

Post by lanegro »

I just purchased a topical cream off Amazon it has 40% Urea and 2% salicylic acid. You can purchase any one that has those percentages. I spread the cream on my tongue with a spoon and let it sit for maybe 8-10mins or as long as I can take it while massaging it into my tongue. Then i scrape it off with my metal tongue scraper and rinse. Afterwards i mix the 35% carbamide peroxide (optional) with some salt and scrub with my second tongue cleaner (orabrush) until its pink and there’s no white left and then i rinse again. The point of the salt is to scrub off the keratin which was dissolved by the urea/salicylic acid. If you can’t the take the taste of salt you can get away with some baking soda or vegetable glycerin.. they both work great. Repeat the steps 2-3 times daily. Don’t scrub too hard or you’ll risk injuring your tongue and you’ll have to wait a day or two to start again. Gentle but thorough strokes are key. And don’t forget to brush and rinse 30mins after you eat EVERY time. Which means brushing your teeth and tongue along with flossing. I wouldn’t brush your teeth immediately after eating since you could risk damaging your the enamel on your teeth. The tongue is just an indication of how much bacteria is in your mouth, cleaning only your tongue is not going to get rid of this issue
Hejhej
Total Newbie

Post by Hejhej »

lanegro wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:51 am I just purchased a topical cream off Amazon it has 40% Urea and 2% salicylic acid. You can purchase any one that has those percentages. I spread the cream on my tongue with a spoon and let it sit for maybe 8-10mins or as long as I can take it while massaging it into my tongue. Then i scrape it off with my metal tongue scraper and rinse. Afterwards i mix the 35% carbamide peroxide (optional) with some salt and scrub with my second tongue cleaner (orabrush) until its pink and there’s no white left and then i rinse again. The point of the salt is to scrub off the keratin which was dissolved by the urea/salicylic acid. If you can’t the take the taste of salt you can get away with some baking soda or vegetable glycerin.. they both work great. Repeat the steps 2-3 times daily. Don’t scrub too hard or you’ll risk injuring your tongue and you’ll have to wait a day or two to start again. Gentle but thorough strokes are key. And don’t forget to brush and rinse 30mins after you eat EVERY time. Which means brushing your teeth and tongue along with flossing. I wouldn’t brush your teeth immediately after eating since you could risk damaging your the enamel on your teeth. The tongue is just an indication of how much bacteria is in your mouth, cleaning only your tongue is not going to get rid of this issue
How is your bb now? Do you still have the hairs on your tongue?
lanegro
Total Newbie

Post by lanegro »

I’ve noticed that the spot that I’ve burned off is slowly growing back the white hairs that i burnt off. I’m pretty sure that it’s just the normal part of the tongue’s anatomy so I’m not really upset about that. What i do notice is that even after cleaning the tongue until it’s completely shiny and clean, sometimes the white spots can still appear atop of the tongue after eating or in the morning so it makes me believe that the problem is not the anatomy of the tongue. I can confirm since cleaning the tongue doesn’t necessarily mean the bb is gone. The tongue is only an indicator of how much bacteria is present in the mouth. So although the urea did help shredding the keratin it’s not the long term solution. Everyone’s situation is different but I’m pretty sure i either have a problem with my GI tract or i just need to take oral probiotics to rebuild the flora in my mouth.
Hejhej
Total Newbie

Post by Hejhej »

lanegro wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:35 pm I’ve noticed that the spot that I’ve burned off is slowly growing back the white hairs that i burnt off. I’m pretty sure that it’s just the normal part of the tongue’s anatomy so I’m not really upset about that. What i do notice is that even after cleaning the tongue until it’s completely shiny and clean, sometimes the white spots can still appear atop of the tongue after eating or in the morning so it makes me believe that the problem is not the anatomy of the tongue. I can confirm since cleaning the tongue doesn’t necessarily mean the bb is gone. The tongue is only an indicator of how much bacteria is present in the mouth. So although the urea did help shredding the keratin it’s not the long term solution. Everyone’s situation is different but I’m pretty sure i either have a problem with my GI tract or i just need to take oral probiotics to rebuild the flora in my mouth.
Why do you use the urea cream and not pure? The users with some success with urea in this forum has used it in pure form.
lanegro
Total Newbie

Post by lanegro »

I researched a few studies for curing hairy tongue and found that they recommend 40% urea so thats what i went with. Plus it contains salicylic acid which also helps shed the keratin.

OK, so I have discovered a number of things while trying urea. For one, I didn’t have as bad of hairy tongue as I initially thought, I only applied urea maybe six or seven times and most of the overgrowth on my papillae have reduced significantly. However, I have been taking a number of extra steps while using the topical on my tongue. There is no way of telling exactly what is helping my tongue return to its current pink color. My current regime goes as followed:
1) First thing in the morning, I swish around a tablespoon of coconut oil for 15 to 20 minutes to pull out the toxins my body has brought up to my mouth overnight. I rinse with warm water 3-4 times. The warm water helps loosen the oil that might be stuck on your teeth. I do this 3x a day.
2) I use my orabrush and my diy baking soda/peroxide paste and clean my tongue until its no coating visible. I use the flash light on my phone to make sure of this. This step is very important because physically removing the bacteria from the tongue removes 90% of bad breath that comes from the mouth. I also do this 3x times daily after each meal.
3) I use a metal u shaped tongue scraper and scrape the accumulated saliva and bacteria off the surface of my tongue. This is better than the orabrush when it comes to scraping the gunk directly off your tongue while the orabrush is more so used to bring the gunk to the surface.
4) I brush my teeth with a teeth whitening toothpaste for 2mins and rinse. Again, repeated 3x daily, preferably 30mins after eating
5) I floss for about one minute and rinse
6) I rinse my mouth with either saltwater or peroxide but I honestly only do this to supplement my regime since the coconut oil does such a damn good job of making my breath fresh so this step is up to you. I’d probably only use it i know I’m going to be talking around people.
7) I take a high potency probiotic with 8oz of water and I eat breakfast
8) Before bed, i do my final oil pull for 15-20mins and drink 8oz of aloe vera juice and take my final probiotic (I also take one during dinner so 3 in total)

This is what excellent dental hygiene looks like. It seems meticulous and stressful but when you notice how clean your mouth and tongue fees afterwards, it becomes addictive. My tongue only has very small sections where you can see the excess of “hair” on it but the rest of my tongue looks pink and shiny. While eating, i do get a small light coating with whatever color food or beverage I’m drinking but it quickly goes away when following it with water. STAYING HYDRATED IS IMPORTANT a dry mouth=a bad mouth.

Now as far as the urea and the carbamide peroxide, I have only used it three more times since my last update because i wasn’t sure if it was working or not. After each application it does seem like it leaves my tongue very pink but it could just be already pink from the baking soda scrub. As you can see I’m throwing everything at it. I literally have no idea if its the probiotics, urea, carbamide peroxide, coconut oil, aloe vera or just the overall meticulous regime which is making my tongue so pink LOL. Although i scrub the shit out of my tongue and make sure i get all of the gunk off, i have focused on reducing the overall count of bacteria in mouth instead by using the coconut oil. I noticed in the morning that the bad breath is very minimal and the coating doesn’t return! Although it’s probably beneficial to know that even a slight white coating is normal upon waking since the average person doesn’t produce much saliva while asleep. It really takes a dedicated effort to get rid of this so be consistent. I’ve noticed subtle improvements each day. I HIGHLY recommend oil pulling and drinking aloe vera. My teeth are noticeably whiter, the morning breath is minimal, the teeth sensitivity is gone, and my face looks very smooth and clear. Sometimes it takes a multi-arsenal approach to get rid of confusing illnesses such as these and luckily it has been working for me so far.
lanegro
Total Newbie

Post by lanegro »

https://academic.oup.com/bjd/article-ab ... edFrom=PDF

Here is that research article i was referring to. The actual name for it is called black hairy tongue but it also includes yellow and white hairy tongue, the condition we have. I’m pretty certain now that the 40% urea is the cure. The burned off spots I mentioned earlier have grown back but only to the original correct length so I’m extremely happy. However I’m still experimenting on how to shave off the length without having to actually burn it off :( but whatever it takes i guess
lanegro
Total Newbie

Post by lanegro »

Hejhej
Total Newbie

Post by Hejhej »

lanegro wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:04 pm I researched a few studies for curing hairy tongue and found that they recommend 40% urea so thats what i went with. Plus it contains salicylic acid which also helps shed the keratin.

OK, so I have discovered a number of things while trying urea. For one, I didn’t have as bad of hairy tongue as I initially thought, I only applied urea maybe six or seven times and most of the overgrowth on my papillae have reduced significantly. However, I have been taking a number of extra steps while using the topical on my tongue. There is no way of telling exactly what is helping my tongue return to its current pink color. My current regime goes as followed:
1) First thing in the morning, I swish around a tablespoon of coconut oil for 15 to 20 minutes to pull out the toxins my body has brought up to my mouth overnight. I rinse with warm water 3-4 times. The warm water helps loosen the oil that might be stuck on your teeth. I do this 3x a day.
2) I use my orabrush and my diy baking soda/peroxide paste and clean my tongue until its no coating visible. I use the flash light on my phone to make sure of this. This step is very important because physically removing the bacteria from the tongue removes 90% of bad breath that comes from the mouth. I also do this 3x times daily after each meal.
3) I use a metal u shaped tongue scraper and scrape the accumulated saliva and bacteria off the surface of my tongue. This is better than the orabrush when it comes to scraping the gunk directly off your tongue while the orabrush is more so used to bring the gunk to the surface.
4) I brush my teeth with a teeth whitening toothpaste for 2mins and rinse. Again, repeated 3x daily, preferably 30mins after eating
5) I floss for about one minute and rinse
6) I rinse my mouth with either saltwater or peroxide but I honestly only do this to supplement my regime since the coconut oil does such a damn good job of making my breath fresh so this step is up to you. I’d probably only use it i know I’m going to be talking around people.
7) I take a high potency probiotic with 8oz of water and I eat breakfast
8) Before bed, i do my final oil pull for 15-20mins and drink 8oz of aloe vera juice and take my final probiotic (I also take one during dinner so 3 in total)

This is what excellent dental hygiene looks like. It seems meticulous and stressful but when you notice how clean your mouth and tongue fees afterwards, it becomes addictive. My tongue only has very small sections where you can see the excess of “hair” on it but the rest of my tongue looks pink and shiny. While eating, i do get a small light coating with whatever color food or beverage I’m drinking but it quickly goes away when following it with water. STAYING HYDRATED IS IMPORTANT a dry mouth=a bad mouth.

Now as far as the urea and the carbamide peroxide, I have only used it three more times since my last update because i wasn’t sure if it was working or not. After each application it does seem like it leaves my tongue very pink but it could just be already pink from the baking soda scrub. As you can see I’m throwing everything at it. I literally have no idea if its the probiotics, urea, carbamide peroxide, coconut oil, aloe vera or just the overall meticulous regime which is making my tongue so pink LOL. Although i scrub the shit out of my tongue and make sure i get all of the gunk off, i have focused on reducing the overall count of bacteria in mouth instead by using the coconut oil. I noticed in the morning that the bad breath is very minimal and the coating doesn’t return! Although it’s probably beneficial to know that even a slight white coating is normal upon waking since the average person doesn’t produce much saliva while asleep. It really takes a dedicated effort to get rid of this so be consistent. I’ve noticed subtle improvements each day. I HIGHLY recommend oil pulling and drinking aloe vera. My teeth are noticeably whiter, the morning breath is minimal, the teeth sensitivity is gone, and my face looks very smooth and clear. Sometimes it takes a multi-arsenal approach to get rid of confusing illnesses such as these and luckily it has been working for me so far.
How is it going? Has your bb improved?
lanegro
Total Newbie

Post by lanegro »

Yeah I’m cured
Hejhej
Total Newbie

Post by Hejhej »

lanegro wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:42 pm Yeah I’m cured
Tell us more. You don’t get reactions anymore?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic