Your Email Address:

First Name:

Molybdenum supplementation seems to be my solution

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
paul80
Total Newbie

Re: Molybdenum supplementation seems to be my solution

Post by paul80 »

It would also be beneficial to get tested for copper levels at the same time as well, since they reportedly can have a seesaw effect. By extension, zinc levels should be tested as well (due to its inverse relationship with copper). So it probably wouldn't hurt to get all 3 (molybdenum, copper, zinc) done simultaneously, whenever blood tests are done.

dianess

Post by dianess »

Thanks paul for sharing,
Im happy that molybdenum works for you, I hope any side effect wont happen

I have a question - does anybody else suffer from bb in your family?
paul80
Total Newbie

Post by paul80 »

dianess wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:22 pm Thanks paul for sharing,
Im happy that molybdenum works for you, I hope any side effect wont happen

I have a question - does anybody else suffer from bb in your family?
Thanks... yea we'll see... if you start seeing lots of typo and grammar errors in my future posts, you'll know why lol.

My dad has had bb pretty much chronically. Though in the last few years, it didn't seem as bad, but yes, he definitely has some condition that's not normal. My sister used to very mildly, but don't really notice it anymore. My mom on the other hand, she can scream an inch away, right into your face, and there's not a hint of bb, like ever. I never recalled her having bb (even right after she wakes up). Actually, her breath has a scent of "clean breath" that most normal people have, not quite sure how to describe it, but if you smelled it, I think you would know what I mean. Not offensive at all, but "pleasant" for a lack of a better word. Kind of envious lol. Too bad my dad's genes won out on this one fml.
spyr

Post by spyr »

paul80 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:41 pm
spyr wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:05 am I will consider getting a scan indeed.

Okay so you can smell your bad breath just by breathing with your nose, but did you get reactions, like really bad reactions ? Did you get the well-known "who farted" reaction while you don't even speak ?
I can't smell my nasal bb myself so I only rely on people's reaction.
In my case, my bb became nasal after I took an antiobiotic called amoxicilin (the devil). Do you think there is a link between microbiome and SELENBP1 ?
I wonder why would your mouth microbiome be afected while you are only removing gas production.

I actually ordered the 150mcg pills so I'm gonna have 13 pills daily lol
Since I know when my breath is particularly bad, I pretty much avoid all contact during those times, and I flood my mouth with breath spray and breath strips when I'm forced to have any contact lol. On really bad days, I would get those random comments from people sitting 10 feet away in another cubicle. This was pre-covid when everyone was in the office, I'm pretty much WFH 90% of the time now. An antibiotic caused the smell? Not sure what that means honestly. Not sure why my tongue would be affected, possibly the gaseous contents are settling on the surfaces inside the mouth? Or the gas is just having systemic effects? For example, I suspect my eczema on my nose/face is related to this phenomena - I break out worse on really bad days. I guess you got the Mo-Zyme Forte version, right? Break it up into 2 doses (7, then 6 later on in the day/night).
I did some research aboyt molybdenum and bacteria and I found this article : https://www.peertechzpublications.com/a ... -8-209.php
Apparently, molybdenum can have an impact on the microbiome, as it may increase sulfur-reducing bacteria. The mechanism isn't really known but what it is sure is it has an impact on bacteria, as for you it has an impact on your oral microbiome.

It's difficult to understand the mechanism when there are not too much studies about it, it's frustrating.

I actually live in Europe so I had to order other brands. And there isn't any brand with pills of 1mg here, so let's go with the 13 daily pills lol
paul80
Total Newbie

Post by paul80 »

spyr wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:35 pm
spyr wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:05 am I will consider getting a scan indeed.

Okay so you can smell your bad breath just by breathing with your nose, but did you get reactions, like really bad reactions ? Did you get the well-known "who farted" reaction while you don't even speak ?
I can't smell my nasal bb myself so I only rely on people's reaction.
In my case, my bb became nasal after I took an antiobiotic called amoxicilin (the devil). Do you think there is a link between microbiome and SELENBP1 ?
I wonder why would your mouth microbiome be afected while you are only removing gas production.

I actually ordered the 150mcg pills so I'm gonna have 13 pills daily lol
Since I know when my breath is particularly bad, I pretty much avoid all contact during those times, and I flood my mouth with breath spray and breath strips when I'm forced to have any contact lol. On really bad days, I would get those random comments from people sitting 10 feet away in another cubicle. This was pre-covid when everyone was in the office, I'm pretty much WFH 90% of the time now. An antibiotic caused the smell? Not sure what that means honestly. Not sure why my tongue would be affected, possibly the gaseous contents are settling on the surfaces inside the mouth? Or the gas is just having systemic effects? For example, I suspect my eczema on my nose/face is related to this phenomena - I break out worse on really bad days. I guess you got the Mo-Zyme Forte version, right? Break it up into 2 doses (7, then 6 later on in the day/night).
I did some research aboyt molybdenum and bacteria and I found this article : https://www.peertechzpublications.com/a ... -8-209.php
Apparently, molybdenum can have an impact on the microbiome, as it may increase sulfur-reducing bacteria. The mechanism isn't really known but what it is sure is it has an impact on bacteria, as for you it has an impact on your oral microbiome.

It's difficult to understand the mechanism when there are not too much studies about it, it's frustrating.

I actually live in Europe so I had to order other brands. And there isn't any brand with pills of 1mg here, so let's go with the 13 daily pills lol
Yep, you can never win. We find some way to try to tackle our issue, and then we hit another "gotcha". Did you find the Biotics Research or was it another brand?
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

paul80 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:42 am Short answer: high-dose molybdenum supplementation.
Interesting thread as I went through all the posts above.

Thanks for sharing and almost all of your theories and research resonates with my own.
I also got it passed from my dad, and I transferred it to my kids. Two of siblings also go it. And as in your case, my mother had this sweet breath smell. I never ever picked a hint of bad breath on her. She had these beautiful milky white and totally symmetrical teeth, all natural, that I didn't get either; except for the symmetry part. And yeah, an Asian here too.

How do you plan to order monthly blood tests to measure the levels of certain chemicals? Do you know a physician who prescribes it for you?
paul80
Total Newbie

Post by paul80 »

KL123 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:17 am
paul80 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:42 am Short answer: high-dose molybdenum supplementation.

Thanks for sharing and almost all of your theories and research resonates with my own.
I also got it passed from my dad, and I transferred it to my kids. Two of siblings also go it. And as in your case, my mother had this sweet breath smell. I never ever picked a hint of bad breath on her. She had these beautiful milky white and totally symmetrical teeth, all natural, that I didn't get either; except for the symmetry part. And yeah, an Asian here too.

How do you plan to order monthly blood tests to measure the levels of certain chemicals? Do you know a physician who prescribes it for you?
I tell ya, if God could perfect a curse on some people, this would be it. That's not to diminish the condition of people who are more unfortunate than us (cancer, paralysis, mental issues, etc). But this is just, completely senseless and utterly pointless. We are social creatures and this condition prevents us from living a normal life. If you could come up with the worst combination of absolutely offensive and revolting smells, it would be the breath we have. What are the odds some random malfunction in our genes results in the smell of rotting feces and funky animal barnyards? Why couldn't it go the other way and produce some heavenly scent? Lol.

Anyway, regarding the blood tests, I have a doc who will do this for me. He's a gastroenterologist who I visited many times during the early stages of my personal investigation, and he understands my frustration and determination in managing this condition. Although this is way beyond gastroenterology and more related to the field of functional medicine and genetics, pretty sure he'll go along with prescribing the blood tests. You need to find a doc who's humble, understanding, and sympathetic. A disgruntled, proud, and by-the-book doc who's set in his ways may not go along with it though, because you know, he/she knows best and we need to obey dear doctor.
spyr

Post by spyr »

paul80 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:22 pm
spyr wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:35 pm

Yep, you can never win. We find some way to try to tackle our issue, and then we hit another "gotcha". Did you find the Biotics Research or was it another brand?
I purchased the brand Vit4ever because it has 365 pills of molybdenum that I'm gonna need if I want to take 13 pills per day.

Have you been able to socialize more since your bb is gone ?
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

paul80 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:07 am
KL123 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:17 am

I tell ya, if God could perfect a curse on some people, this would be it. That's not to diminish the condition of people who are more unfortunate than us (cancer, paralysis, mental issues, etc). But this is just, completely senseless and utterly pointless. We are social creatures and this condition prevents us from living a normal life. If you could come up with the worst combination of absolutely offensive and revolting smells, it would be the breath we have. What are the odds some random malfunction in our genes results in the smell of rotting feces and funky animal barnyards? Why couldn't it go the other way and produce some heavenly scent? Lol.

Anyway, regarding the blood tests, I have a doc who will do this for me. He's a gastroenterologist who I visited many times during the early stages of my personal investigation, and he understands my frustration and determination in managing this condition. Although this is way beyond gastroenterology and more related to the field of functional medicine and genetics, pretty sure he'll go along with prescribing the blood tests. You need to find a doc who's humble, understanding, and sympathetic. A disgruntled, proud, and by-the-book doc who's set in his ways may not go along with it though, because you know, he/she knows best and we need to obey dear doctor.

Yep, I think personally we have become somewhat of a thick skinned, unlucky bastards who are handed over with this crap. I managed to survive with this shit in cooperate America - and I think I also got somewhat lucky to have grown up early years of my life in Asia, where people generally tend to be a bit more considerate, courteous and respectful. They generally don't put you down and pass unpleasant comments and make monkey faces and bit behind your back if you have chronic halitosis. People tend to be a bit more patient and forgiving in some Asian countries. They really don't make such a freaking big deal about it if your breath stinks!

However, the worst of the worse part of this shi't is to having it passed it on to my kids.
School and general social set up in United States is much more blunt, brutal and unforgiving. Everyone is ready to take a sniff and bark at your face.

My little kids went thru hell in School.
Their little and innocent brains were bombarded with insults and humiliations, while they did not know what the heck is wrong with them with no fault of their own? They religiously brushed their teeth, and followed a good oral hygiene.

My elder one who is now a teenager,
He lost all happiness and all joy of life.
He has become a strict introvert. He locks himself in the room all day, after school, does not talk to anybody and is deeply sad all the time. He lost all confidence and his head usually down in shame.

This is a kid who was the joy of our life when he was toddler and a boy. He was super playful and made everyone laugh and smile. But now, his entire life is ruined. I am sure, he must have occasional suicidal thoughts - just like I used to have.

And this is a very tough subject to talk to kids; however, we did have some conversations. We even thought about moving out of the USA where the social set up is so brutal and some people are so nasty and truly assholes.

When I look at the excruciating suffering of kids. I feel a like knife going thru my heart.

I now wish that only and only if I knew I was gonna pass this shit to my kids, I would've NEVER EVER EVER gotten married and have had kids. NEVER!

I even told my son, not to have kids. And I think he knew, why?

I think, as your rightly said, genetic exploration in the medical science is our best hope.

I do have a request to you.
If possible, please sign on once in a while and keep it rolling. Many have come n gone from this forum, but I think if we find something that could help others, we should keep all informed and form a synergy to fight against this evil.
nd_gillis

Post by nd_gillis »

How many pills did you take per day & are you still taking them daily at those levels?
Anne2323
Junior

Post by Anne2323 »

Kind of scared of the possible side effects. Any updates?
spyr

Post by spyr »

Did other people got cured with high dosage of Molybdenum ?

I tried it for 2 weeks and it didn't make any effect at all so I completely stopped taking it.
Ade

Post by Ade »

I started taking 2g per day last Thursday. No changes so far, I’m planning on doing it for 3 weeks at least.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Soo looks like it did not work for anyone else?
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Ade

Post by Ade »

StillHoping wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:39 am Soo looks like it did not work for anyone else?
It’s only been a week for me. OP said that it took at least 2 weeks to see some results.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic