Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bad breath reduced by 80-90%

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Cemmj
Total Newbie

Bad breath reduced by 80-90%

Post by Cemmj »

Hey guys,
so my bad breath started at like age 14 (24 now)
I broke my nose when i was 12 then 2 years later I had the flu and I remember that my nose was very dry. Then the next day all of a sudden my breath smelled like fart and it stayed like that until I drank alcohol for the first time when I was 21.
So I drank Vodka and my breath got 10x worse, it smelled like shit, this lasted for a couple days and then subsided. But since then I developed a fecal breath and everytime I eat dairy, alcohol or some sweets my breath gets worse.

My symptoms are:
-Post nasal drip (i have a deviated septum)
-lactose intolerance
-gluten intolerance
-Breath gets worse for a couple days when consuming lactose or alcohol
-always gassy

So I started a carnivore diet and only ate meat for about 4 days
And from day 2 I noticed my breath was already so much better, but I didn’t want to continue the carnivore diet because I am only 115 pounds, 53Kg and I’m a 24y old male.

But there was no way I was gonna go back to that shit breath, so this is what i did.

-LOW FODMAP DIET
-NO GLUTEN
-NO LACTOSE
-NO ALCOHOL

It’s only been 2weeks but since then my breath is like 80-90% better

Anne2323
Junior

Re: Bad breath reduced by 80-90%

Post by Anne2323 »

Try the fast tract diet
nd_gillis

Post by nd_gillis »

Thanks for the info

What exactly does your diet look like now & do you have cheat moments?

Are you maintaining weight & do you eat any carbs at all?
nd_gillis

Post by nd_gillis »

Cemmj wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:24 pm Hey guys,
so my bad breath started at like age 14 (24 now)
I broke my nose when i was 12 then 2 years later I had the flu and I remember that my nose was very dry. Then the next day all of a sudden my breath smelled like fart and it stayed like that until I drank alcohol for the first time when I was 21.
So I drank Vodka and my breath got 10x worse, it smelled like shit, this lasted for a couple days and then subsided. But since then I developed a fecal breath and everytime I eat dairy, alcohol or some sweets my breath gets worse.

My symptoms are:
-Post nasal drip (i have a deviated septum)
-lactose intolerance
-gluten intolerance
-Breath gets worse for a couple days when consuming lactose or alcohol
-always gassy

So I started a carnivore diet and only ate meat for about 4 days
And from day 2 I noticed my breath was already so much better, but I didn’t want to continue the carnivore diet because I am only 115 pounds, 53Kg and I’m a 24y old male.

But there was no way I was gonna go back to that shit breath, so this is what i did.

-LOW FODMAP DIET
-NO GLUTEN
-NO LACTOSE
-NO ALCOHOL

It’s only been 2weeks but since then my breath is like 80-90% better

Thanks for the info

What exactly does your diet look like now & do you have cheat moments?

Are you maintaining weight & do you eat any carbs at all?
Cemmj
Total Newbie

Post by Cemmj »

I‘m roing a strict Low Fodmap, gluten free and lactose free diet and no i don’t cheat. I think I’ll be doing this at least a few months to heal my digestive system.
Anne2323
Junior

Post by Anne2323 »

Guys, just google the fast tract diet. If low fodmap partially works for you, you most probably have SIBO. But most people don’t fully heal from de low fodmap diet. The fast tract diet sounds promising to me.

I found a video of a woman on YouTube, she was dealing with SIBO for quite some time (as you all know, it’s so difficult to treat) and the low fodmap diet just partially worked for her. She only ate meat for a couple of days and no symptoms, as you’re describing. After that, she started adding other low fermentable foods (that’s what the fast tract diet is based on) and successfully and fully healed her gut. I’m waiting on my SIBO test results and I’m planning on starting this diet.
Unc88
Total Newbie

Post by Unc88 »

Keto and zero carb can often help reduce pnd. The diet also strictly limits your sugar intake, so that is helping to reduce a lot of the bacteria. I would consider trying a nasal rinse/irrigation to try to get that up to 100% cured. Have you considered getting the deviated septum fixed.
Anne2323
Junior

Post by Anne2323 »

Anne2323 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:46 am Guys, just google the fast tract diet. If low fodmap partially works for you, you most probably have SIBO. But most people don’t fully heal from de low fodmap diet. The fast tract diet sounds promising to me.

I found a video of a woman on YouTube, she was dealing with SIBO for quite some time (as you all know, it’s so difficult to treat) and the low fodmap diet just partially worked for her. She only ate meat for a couple of days and no symptoms, as you’re describing. After that, she started adding other low fermentable foods (that’s what the fast tract diet is based on) and successfully and fully healed her gut. I’m waiting on my SIBO test results and I’m planning on starting this diet.
I’ve been on this diet for about 3 weeks, great improvement, but my SIBO test came back negative. I’ll test for SIBO again and keep following the diet. I’ll keep you guys updated. It definitely reduced my bad breath by at least 50% after the first two weeks, but I’m looking for a 99-100% cure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic