Your Email Address:

First Name:

BB Fix Protocol 2023

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

BB Fix Protocol 2023

Post by StillHoping »

Hey everyone!

With the new year approaching, and all of us still in the same boat - I decided to put together a protocol to fight this damn thing once and for all. I've been doing some research for the past few weeks and I have put together a guide that addresses the various areas of this issue [internal, mouth, and body]. I am thinking maybe the issue is that we have all tried many different things but maybe these things need to be combined and done systematically. It is also helpful to have something that spells out exactly DO THIS/DONT DO THIS or EAT THIS/DONT EAT THAT. After everything I have tried and researched, I really do believe it comes down to bacteria. The fact that most of us get temporary relief whenever we use antibiotics pretty much confirms that for me. But the problem is that those antibiotics have probably also killed off whatever good stuff we had in our body, and messed up the way our organs function naturally. Hence why it seems like the bb worsens over the years ](*,)

So this plan will focus on first killing the bad bacteria in our body, then after try to build back the good bacteria. Gotta give a major shoutout to Beast for this post: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7949 - it makes sense to do a cleanse, then follow it up with probiotics. And I think it is also very important to simultaneously eat a clean diet and maintain healthy lifestyle habits.

If anyone is ready and willing to be 100% committed to trying this out, please let me know! The important factor is that we must not slip up or have cheat days or anything during this period. That is why the start of the new year will be the perfect timing, so you can all get your binge eating/favorite foods etc out of the way by then. It won't be easy to do so as this means being very strict for 2 months, not being tempted and your symptoms might even get worse first before things get better. So it is very important to have that mindset that you must stick with this 100%. Ofcourse not guaranteeing this is going to be a cure or anything but hopefully this should be a good fix and hopefully get us to the point where we can socialize, etc. I think it is definitely worth it to give this a good try, and if anyone feels like they need the support - just let me know and we can support each other [maybe I'll start some type of group chat for us to motivate each other]. I myself will be journaling my progress through it all and commenting here with weekly updates.

Anyways, please see the below next post for the protocol and please let me know your thoughts. Good luck everyone, may 2023 be a year free from BB for all of us!

2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Re: BB Fix Protocol 2023

Post by StillHoping »

I have also attached the protocol guide if you prefer to download it your phone, that can come in handy!

BB FIX ATTEMPT 2023

JANUARY = [kill the bad stuff]

MEDICINE/TREATMENT:
-January 2-16: Parasite cleanse
-January 17-31: Candida cleanse
-January 2-4: Complete a nasal flush or take nasal decongestant spray
-Take a small shot of organic pure real cranberry juice daily for entire month
-Get a colonic on January 31st [can do enema at home if no access to colonic]

ORAL CARE:
-Brush and clean tongue thoroughly atleast 2x/day using mild products [e.g. therabreath, carifree or salt water/diluted baking soda], and floss/hydropik atleast once daily
-Gargle with extremely diluted hydrogen peroxide once/WEEK [this is only temporary to kill the mouth bacteria, very important to discontinue use of hydrogen peroxide after this period]

DIET:
-Intermittent fasting with only 2 meals/day [lunch and dinner]
-Drink a cup of ceylon in hot water atleast once/week [it has to be ceylon, not mainstream cinnamon]
-Drink a glass of lemon water when you first wake up every day
-Drink lots of natural spring or alkaline water, aim for 1 litre/ day. Best to add electrolyte powder [with no additives] or tiny bit of salt to your water and sip on it throughout the day
-Eat a clean diet of low carbohydrate Vegan Paleo foods:
Lunch/Snack ideas: leafy salads, green juice, celery juice, nuts, apples, melons, berries, carrots, celery sticks, cucumber
Dinner ideas: cauliflower rice, steamed chopped veggies, green peas, guacamole, salsa, roasted squash or zucchini. Use coconut or avocado oil. --> always season with Turmeric which is a great antioxidant. Use these spices for flavour: pepper, paprika, cilantro, coriander, parsley
*ABSOLUTELY NO JUNK FOOD/ TAKEOUT/ DAIRY/ SUGAR/ PROCESSED FOODS/ ALCOHOL/ COFFEE/ POP etc*
[If cavemen did not have access to it = you cannot eat it #Paleo]

EXTRA:
-Practice Raymond's breathing technique for atleast 5 mins daily [gradually work to make this your natural way of breathing]: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7304
-Complete spleen/stomach massage daily: https://youtu.be/xPzLPeyv9Bk
-Complete 30 minutes of cardio exercise atleast 3-5x/ week to sweat out toxins
-Try to get enough fresh air and sunshine by going on balcony/opening windows often

February = [replenish with good stuff]

MEDICINE/TREATMENT:
-Feb 1 - 28: Saccharomyces Boulardii + Align Probiotics [1 of each every morning]
-If female: add on Optima Women's Probiotic from Feb 13 - 28
-Take 3-4 pills of Vitamin B12 each day

ORAL CARE:
-Brush and clean tongue thoroughly atleast 2x/day, floss/hydropik atleast once daily [only therabreath toothpaste or salt] - absolutely no mouthwash during this month
-After nightly brush - use a probiotic rinse: ie. mix probiotic capsule content with a little bit of water and use this to gargle

DIET:
-Continue the same diet instructions as prior month, with addition of Fish, seafood and organic eggs if you wish.

EXTRA:
-Continue same instructions as prior month

March/Forever = [establish a healthy lifestyle]

MEDICINE/TREATMENT:
-Reduce probiotics to once/week and keep track of changes, revert back to daily if ever necessary
-Continue taking vitamin B12 daily and add on vitamin D if possible

ORAL CARE:
-Brush and clean tongue thoroughly atleast 2x/day using mild products, and remember to floss/hydropik regularly
-Try to do a probiotic mouth rinse atleast once/month or if you ever slip up and eat junk food

DIET:
-Maintain consistent clean diet with intermittent fasting and low carb paleo ingredients.
-Add on sauerkraut or other fermented foods, as they are natural probiotics
-Best to avoid meat as much as possible and stick to seafood for protein.

EXTRA:
-Continue same instructions as prior month
Attachments
BBFixSH1.JPG
BBFixSH1.JPG (196.47 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
BBFixSH2.JPG
BBFixSH2.JPG (124.9 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
BBFixSH3.JPG
BBFixSH3.JPG (88.34 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

IMO,
Even if you kill ALL the existing bad bacteria in your body, it will jump back right up on you.

We have a genetic disorder where our bodies are like factories that produce either, TOO MUCH OF ODOROUS BACTERIA - OR - OUR BODIES LACK IN PRODUCTION OF GOOD BACETERIA THAT FIGHTS THE BAD ONE.

In my opinion it's the first one.

Just like every human is designed by nature to yield a unique order, that dog's can sniff an identify, our bodies are designed to produce this odorous bacteria over growth. There is nothing you can do to change your naturally given odor. That's your deeply wired program which is hard coded in your DNA

You can temporarily cut and kill the bamboo, but it won't be long before the roots shoot up more junk. What we have is a trillion times more resilient than bamboo roots.

Even though one should always be hopeful and keep trying, but looks like we will take this curse to our graves. This is currently the only way that seems to put an end to this curse.
I hope our generations will find a relief when more medical exploration is done in genetic therapy.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

KL123 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:48 am IMO,
Even if you kill ALL the existing bad bacteria in your body, it will jump back right up on you.

We have a genetic disorder where our bodies are like factories that produce either, TOO MUCH OF ODOROUS BACTERIA - OR - OUR BODIES LACK IN PRODUCTION OF GOOD BACETERIA THAT FIGHTS THE BAD ONE.

Just like every human is designed by nature to yield a unique order, that dog's can sniff an identify, our bodies are designed to produce this odorous bacteria over growth. There is nothing you can do to change your naturally given odor. That's your deeply wired program which is hard coded in your DNA

You can temporarily cut and kill the bamboo, but it won't be long before the roots shoot up more junk. What we have is a trillion times more resilient than bamboo roots.

Even though one should always be hopeful and keep trying, but looks like we will take this curse to our graves. This is currently the only way that seems to put an end to this curse.
I hope our generations will find a relief when more medical exploration is done in genetic therapy.
I get what you mean but damn, its pretty bleak and depressing to just give up like that.

And to be fair, I haven't tried literally everything and anything all at once while sticking to it consistently for months. Hopefully going on the probiotics after the cleanse will be the key to stopping the bad bacteria. But I guess we shall see lol, I'll be back in May to report how it all went
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

StillHoping wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:53 am

I get what you mean but damn, its pretty bleak and depressing to just give up like that.

And to be fair, I haven't tried literally everything and anything all at once while sticking to it consistently for months. Hopefully going on the probiotics after the cleanse will be the key to stopping the bad bacteria. But I guess we shall see lol, I'll be back in May to report how it all went
Yep, never give up and always be hopeful.

In a few days, I am starting these four in conjunction based on some of the stuff I read on this forum and at some other places.

Odorless Allicin max strength
Berberine max strength
Molybdenum max strength
Grapeseed Extract Nasal spray
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

KL123 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:11 pm
Yep, never give up and always be hopeful.

In a few days, I am starting these four in conjunction based on some of the stuff I read on this forum and at some other places.

Odorless Allicin max strength
Berberine max strength
Molybdenum max strength
Grapeseed Extract Nasal spray
I've tried the berberine before and was debating the molybdenum but those who tried said it didn't work. Best of luck, please keep us posted. Fingers crossed for us both [-o<
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Ok soo I just did a deep dive in the SIBO forumn on reddit (it has almost 15k members and bad breath is a major theme) based on the recommendations there, I need to make some edits to the protocol:

No products containing sorbitol
-- use only carifree or salt water in the first month (DO NOT USE THERABREATH EVER - IT HAS SORBITOL)

Must follow low sulfur diet in addition to paleo diet (and low carbohydrate Vegan Paleo in first month)
-- NO nuts (except macadamia), cauliflower/broccoli, cilantro, eggs, fermented foods, anything with sulfites etc
-- this is what I plan to eat:
-- lunch: melon slice or grapes + green juice
-- snack: macadamian nuts or carrots/cucumber
-- dinner: roasted squash/zucchini/bell peppers/eggplant + guacamole and salsa (try to avoid premade and make it without onions/garlic etc)

+ Take Zinc accetate lozenges daily
dem

Post by dem »

StillHoping wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:06 pm Hey everyone!

With the new year approaching, and all of us still in the same boat - I decided to put together a protocol to fight this damn thing once and for all. I've been doing some research for the past few weeks and I have put together a guide that addresses the various areas of this issue [internal, mouth, and body]. I am thinking maybe the issue is that we have all tried many different things but maybe these things need to be combined and done systematically. It is also helpful to have something that spells out exactly DO THIS/DONT DO THIS or EAT THIS/DONT EAT THAT. After everything I have tried and researched, I really do believe it comes down to bacteria. The fact that most of us get temporary relief whenever we use antibiotics pretty much confirms that for me. But the problem is that those antibiotics have probably also killed off whatever good stuff we had in our body, and messed up the way our organs function naturally. Hence why it seems like the bb worsens over the years ](*,)

So this plan will focus on first killing the bad bacteria in our body, then after try to build back the good bacteria. Gotta give a major shoutout to Beast for this post: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7949 - it makes sense to do a cleanse, then follow it up with probiotics. And I think it is also very important to simultaneously eat a clean diet and maintain healthy lifestyle habits.

If anyone is ready and willing to be 100% committed to trying this out, please let me know! The important factor is that we must not slip up or have cheat days or anything during this period. That is why the start of the new year will be the perfect timing, so you can all get your binge eating/favorite foods etc out of the way by then. It won't be easy to do so as this means being very strict for 2 months, not being tempted and your symptoms might even get worse first before things get better. So it is very important to have that mindset that you must stick with this 100%. Ofcourse not guaranteeing this is going to be a cure or anything but hopefully this should be a good fix and hopefully get us to the point where we can socialize, etc. I think it is definitely worth it to give this a good try, and if anyone feels like they need the support - just let me know and we can support each other [maybe I'll start some type of group chat for us to motivate each other]. I myself will be journaling my progress through it all and commenting here with weekly updates.

Anyways, please see the below next post for the protocol and please let me know your thoughts. Good luck everyone, may 2023 be a year free from BB for all of us!
hi stillhoping, it looks like a good initiative and its encouraging thanks , I'll try to do this program as well, hope others will join too
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

dem wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:36 pm
hi stillhoping, it looks like a good initiative and its encouraging thanks , I'll try to do this program as well, hope others will join too
Hey dem! Glad to hear that and I'm down to motivate each other. Fingers crossed for all of us, the most important part is to be consistent and no cheat days/slip ups
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

Unless you've been tested for a genetic condition and tested positive you have no idea if thats true. I do think me and my siblings seem predisposed to a sensitive microbiota. This is probably because of the bacteria you are introduced during birth in the birth canal. Odor is not just "something we have" its a symptom screaming at us to address an underlying condition.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

jo317 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:48 am

Unless you've been tested for a genetic condition and tested positive you have no idea if thats true. I do think me and my siblings seem predisposed to a sensitive microbiota. This is probably because of the bacteria you are introduced during birth in the birth canal. Odor is not just "something we have" its a symptom screaming at us to address an underlying condition.

Yep, no one knows the underlying cause. I spoke to various physicians and a few brilliant ones too. Our particular case of extra oral halitosis - that has nothing to do with oral hygiene, tonsils, nasal drip, no Zenker's diverticulum, as we enjoy a good functional liver, and good over all health, - is genetic.
May not be the case with you, and you feel lucky.
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

Just cause you haven’t found another cause yet doesn’t mean there isn’t one. Have you done a test to check the micro biome of your mouth? Your gut? It’s possible to have reflux with no major symptoms. Gallbladder? Have you looked in your lingual tonsils to see if you have stones there? Probably not cause it’s ****ing impossible but they could be there. People that just assume something is in fixable cause they haven’t been able to yet grind my gears and also what are you even doing here?
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

jo317 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:56 pm Just cause you haven’t found another cause yet doesn’t mean there isn’t one. Have you done a test to check the micro biome of your mouth? Your gut? It’s possible to have reflux with no major symptoms. Gallbladder? Have you looked in your lingual tonsils to see if you have stones there? Probably not cause it’s ****ing impossible but they could be there. People that just assume something is in fixable cause they haven’t been able to yet grind my gears and also what are you even doing here?
Read up on SelenBP1 and chronic halitosis, if you haven't already.
juliang86

Post by juliang86 »

You can add to your routine leaving your toothbrush sinked in 2 parts of hydrogen peroxide and 1 part of water. The toothbrush accumulates lots of bacteria and if you don't clean it well you are putting bacteria in your mouth again every time you brush your teeth
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

juliang86 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:38 am You can add to your routine leaving your toothbrush sinked in 2 parts of hydrogen peroxide and 1 part of water. The toothbrush accumulates lots of bacteria and if you don't clean it well you are putting bacteria in your mouth again every time you brush your teeth
Great suggestion, will definitely add that. Thanks!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic