Your Email Address:

First Name:

Nasal bb help needed!! I cant live like this

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Thevoidofemotion
Total Newbie

Nasal bb help needed!! I cant live like this

Post by Thevoidofemotion »

does anybody know what might be causing my bb. My symptoms are that I get a very bad smell that I can smell when I swallow but it sometimes appears even when I don't swallow and the smell is very potent through my nose and can be smelt by those around me. My ENT said i had silent reflux and i've been taking medication for that but it hasn't done anything about the smell. In the first place i dont understand how acid coming up from my stomach will cause such a potent smell in my nose and for those around me so im struggling to find the actual cause of my bb

Julián.free

Re: Nasal bb help needed!! I cant live like this

Post by Julián.free »

Exactly the same thing happens to me. The smell is very strong when I swallow saliva. I was also diagnosed with reflux. What medications are you taking? Are you following a diet?
Thevoidofemotion
Total Newbie

Julián.free wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:38 pm Exactly the same thing happens to me. The smell is very strong when I swallow saliva. I was also diagnosed with reflux. What medications are you taking? Are you following a diet?
i'm taking nexium and just following my usual diet pretty much. I have noticed the smell is also very potent everytime i brush my teeth and then swallow after, does this happen to you aswell?
Julián.free

Post by Julián.free »

What is your usual diet like? And how many Milligrams of nexium are you taking? I am taking omeprazole 40mg. Every time I swallow people, they start coughing or touching their noses
Thevoidofemotion
Total Newbie

Julián.free wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:58 pm What is your usual diet like? And how many Milligrams of nexium are you taking? I am taking omeprazole 40mg. Every time I swallow people, they start coughing or touching their noses
Im taking 40mg, my diet consists of mostly egg and bread or cereal. Do you smell something in your nose when you swallow?
Julián.free

Post by Julián.free »

Yes. And people too.
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Read my main post. Just search my post history. Especially read what has been happening the last month for me. I’m going to write another update right now. I’m trying to keep most of my story in one place. I hope it helps you. And I hope my most recent finds are something significant for me. Keep in touch whether you find the answer or not.
Eggroll
Total Newbie

Post by Eggroll »

Hi guys,

I struggle with the same problem as you. If nothing worked yet. You guys should try FODMAP diet.
I tried sooooo much thing (mouthwash, nasal spray, pepto, vitamin, supplement, fasting, eating small meals, Dexilant(for GERD) ... and the list go on) nothing worked more than 30 minutes of fresh breath.

Only one medication did something, I didn't had BB for a week with corticosteroid nasal sprays (only doctor can prescribe it).
Im pretty sure Fluconasole also would temporarely cure me but my doctor won't prescribe it to me.

Im currently on a meat only diet. Thats means nothing else than beef, chicken, fish, salt and water.
Your food really need to be low in carbs and sugar (this diet kills bad bacteria in your guts mostly but it has to be done for at least 2 weeks to see result) !!!!
Im currently in my 4 days and my post nasal drip stopped by 90%.

BB is a symptom, not the illness in major case. You need to find the source of the problem by testing EVERYTHING.
It could be candida or mold infection something like that for myself.

Good luck guys
I will keep you guys updated.
ryan

Post by ryan »

is it possible that those people suffering from oral badbreath have acid reflux/Gerd and severe badbreath (nasal/oral) have LPR Laryngopharyngeal reflux. the first stage the acid only reach the esophagus and the last reach the throat.
nightmare

Post by nightmare »

s it possible that those people suffering from oral badbreath have acid reflux/Gerd and severe badbreath (nasal/oral) have LPR Laryngopharyngeal reflux. the first stage the acid only reach the esophagus and the last reach the throat.
Yes, Via Hiatal Hernia
Eggroll
Total Newbie

Post by Eggroll »

Hi guys,

Its been now more than a week and I can say that FODMAO diet has helped me with more than half of my BB. No more nasal BB, but still little in my mouth like on a scale 1-10 im about 3or 4-10. I think I have an intolerence with carbs. My stomach is unable to digest certain carbohydrates due to a lack of one or more intestinal enzymes.

If your BB is really bad like mine, I just cant believe that its only from reflux. In my case my reflux stopped like 95% when I stopped eating carbs (I don't even eat 1g of carbs a day and yes its difficult) and I think reflux was also kind of a symptom (or result). I also wanna add that I didn't had any headache this week. Its crazy because im used to have at least 2-3 per week.

I also take supplement every day. If your interested I can list them.

Take care,
Worst breath
Junior

Post by Worst breath »

Hi glad u on yr way to be bb free,am interested in knowing wat supplements u taking
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic