Your Email Address:

First Name:

I'm seeing significant improvements

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
the_winter_soldier
Junior

I'm seeing significant improvements

Post by the_winter_soldier »

I have been visiting this site frequently and trying almost everything people found helpful, but i didn't have any luck until recently. My halitosis was both from nose & mouth, it also use to travel far(like a couple of meters) when i'm talking.

Now i can confidentily say its 80%-85% gone, it no longer smells when i'm talking, i was talking with this person closer than usual and they didn't react a single bit, i also had trouble sitting next to someone b/c of the breath that comes out of my nose, this week i was on a train and not a single person gave me the usual reactions, the reason i'm not 100% confident its gone is i've read too many stories about people being 'cured' then all of a sudden it comes back worse, so i'll keep you guys updated if it comes back.

So what helped me was a combination of 2 things:
- Treated SIBO, i used herbal antibiotics and this made a significant improvment on my bb, i give it credit for curing 50% of my bb.
- Low Fodmap Diet, after finishing my herbal antibiotics i didn't get 100% cured, so i stuck with Low Fodmap Diet for about a month after i finished my treatment

I have to mention while i was doing the SIBO treatment i was also taking the following (but i don't think any of them contributed to my treatment of bb)
- S-Acetyl L-Glutathione (suggested on this forum)
- Iberogast (suggested on this forum)
- All in one supplement
- Methyl B-12 (suggested on this forum)
- Vitamin D3/K12 (suggested on this forum)
- Drinking Celery Juice every morning( after doing this for 4 month or so i think this is bullshit :D )
- Aloe Vera Juice (suggested on this forum) - i think this one was also bullshit
- Started using Antibacterial/Antifungal soaps for showering instead of shampoo

After 9 years of this issue, i'm cautiously optimistic that this time, its gone for good 8-[ 8-[

Failed Attempts:
- Tonsilloctomy
- Coronectomy
- Treated H.Pylori
- Fasting
- Aloe Vera Juice
- S-Acytl Glutathione
- Treated SIBO ( only reduced bb)
- Celery Juice

Currently trying:
- Pantothenic Acid
Worst breath
Junior

Re: I'm seeing significant improvements

Post by Worst breath »

Hi am happy that u found a solution nd a possible cure for ur prblm,thanks for ur feedback its informative.

*wat herbal antibiotics did u take nd is it available without prescription?
*how did u treat ur SIBO?
*how long did it take to see improvement?
*do u eat anything with sugar?
*what probiotics are u taking?
the_winter_soldier
Junior

Thank you,

1. I already wrote on this forum somewhere on what i took but let me write it here:
- i took Pomegranate, Neem, Berberine, Black Cumin Seed, Allicin & Oregano, all of them are available without prescription (some of them i had to ship from the US)

2. I kept a health diary if you want to read exactly how long i took it and what doses i was taking, you can read it here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qcX ... sp=sharing

3. I took me less than 2 weeks to see reduction in my bb, I started low fodmap diet as soon as i got the positive SIBO test & a week or so later(b/c of shipment) i started the herbal treatment so around 3 weeks, but it was 4/5 weeks AFTER finishing my herbal treatment that my bb actually went away completely, so in total around 2 months.

4. I actually cut out sugar 7/8 years ago, cutting out sugar was one of the things i did earlier in my fight with bb, i thought that would cure me but it didn't do shit, i do eat cake occasionally and maybe grab a cola sporadically but almost 0 sugar in my everyday meals/drinks

5. I'm taking this one https://de.iherb.com/pr/renew-life-ulti ... les/103369, i just decided upon it b/c i was doing my research on FMT & one of the reviews suggested this is the closest thing to FMT without actually doing FMT
Failed Attempts:
- Tonsilloctomy
- Coronectomy
- Treated H.Pylori
- Fasting
- Aloe Vera Juice
- S-Acytl Glutathione
- Celery Juice

Currently trying:
- Pantothenic Acid
the_winter_soldier
Junior

since a lot of people are not able to access my health diary & are requesting it, i uploaded it here in pdf form: https://www.mediafire.com/file/kz9j7cwz ... y.pdf/file
Failed Attempts:
- Tonsilloctomy
- Coronectomy
- Treated H.Pylori
- Fasting
- Aloe Vera Juice
- S-Acytl Glutathione
- Celery Juice

Currently trying:
- Pantothenic Acid
naom

Post by naom »

the_winter_soldier wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:02 pm since a lot of people are not able to access my health diary & are requesting it, i uploaded it here in pdf form: https://www.mediafire.com/file/kz9j7cwz ... y.pdf/file
Hello
can you name the brand and write the link for the herbal antibiotic?
and how can you take probiotics? isnt that bad for SIBO? dont it make it worse??
the_winter_soldier
Junior

Hi, i buy most of my stuff from iherb.com even though they are in the america and shipping takes 10 days for me, i trust most of the products there...
- Black cumin seed: https://de.iherb.com/pr/life-extension- ... gels/46280
- Neem: https://de.iherb.com/pr/nature-s-way-ne ... sules/2017
- Pomegranate: https://de.iherb.com/pr/life-extension- ... gels/67062
- Berberine: https://de.iherb.com/pr/natural-factors ... ules/65987

i couldn't find allicin & oregano there so i bought it from a local site(can't remember the brand)

As for the probiotics, i think you have to take probiotics after finishing your antibiotics treatment, otherwise the damage the antibiotics do might leave you worse than where you started.

For my case, its been almost 4 months since my treatment ended, i still have a smell that follows me but isn't bad as before the treatment.
I have been keeping 90% low fodmap diet, but whenever i eat a pizza or something i didn't cook myself my bad breath comes in full force, so i don't think i solved my core issue. i might need another round of this herbal treatment, right now i'm taking ADP-oregano 4x a day, will update you guys if that gets me a better result than vanilla oregano
Failed Attempts:
- Tonsilloctomy
- Coronectomy
- Treated H.Pylori
- Fasting
- Aloe Vera Juice
- S-Acytl Glutathione
- Celery Juice

Currently trying:
- Pantothenic Acid
Worst breath
Junior

Post by Worst breath »

From 1/10 how bad is ur bb now,nd do u still hv nasal bb?
the_winter_soldier
Junior

i would say now its about 6 and i started at about 9 i think, immediately after the treatment i would say it was about 4-5, but past couple of months i have failed a few times to keep up with 100% low fodmap diet.

I don't have a room filling bb just one that used to travel a couple of meters when i talk & i do have nasal bb because people sitting right next to me on trains/buses always have reactions, after the treatment though i noticed my bb doesn't travel as far as it used to & nobody now reacts when seating next to me if i don't breath heavily, when i do breath heavily(like letting out a deep breath) its no beuno :)
Failed Attempts:
- Tonsilloctomy
- Coronectomy
- Treated H.Pylori
- Fasting
- Aloe Vera Juice
- S-Acytl Glutathione
- Celery Juice

Currently trying:
- Pantothenic Acid
the_winter_soldier
Junior

Also just started a 2nd round of herbal treatment this week, this time i'm more than doubling the doses

ADP Oregano - 200mg - 2 tabs thrice daily
Berberine - 500mg - 2 tabs thrice daily
Allicin - 450mg - 2 tabs thrice daily
Neem - 950mg - 2 tabs thrice daily

for biofilm
Nac - 600mg - 2 tabs twice daily
Curcuma - 500mg - 2 tabs once a day

I have bought enough of these to last for 45 days, so wish me luck:)
Failed Attempts:
- Tonsilloctomy
- Coronectomy
- Treated H.Pylori
- Fasting
- Aloe Vera Juice
- S-Acytl Glutathione
- Celery Juice

Currently trying:
- Pantothenic Acid
the_winter_soldier
Junior

UPDATE: for some reason my bb is back in full strength after i started the second round of herbal antibiotics even though i didn't change anything about my diet & anything else for that matter. i just paused taking the antibiotics for now, it's so disappointing to undo what i accomplished in the last 6 months :(

My next plan is to restart it again after sometime, but with exact doses as i did in the first treatment
Failed Attempts:
- Tonsilloctomy
- Coronectomy
- Treated H.Pylori
- Fasting
- Aloe Vera Juice
- S-Acytl Glutathione
- Celery Juice

Currently trying:
- Pantothenic Acid
ripa
Total Newbie

Post by ripa »

Sorry to hear this. It's so common thing to happen: something works at first but then it comes back. So frustrating.

After reading this article (check the link) about how sulfur-SIBO may actually be protective and necessary for our bodies (even though it causes us all kinds of symptoms) I've begun to think maybe there's something similar behind some cases of bb. It would fit this short term cure thing so well. Maybe our bodies need the bacteria for something more important and the smell is an unfortunate side effect? It could be the exact same thing that is discussed in the article (sulfur reducing bacteria) or maybe something else but similar. Maybe there's some compound/nutrient/whatever that we desperately need and some bb causing bacteria is the only way we can get it (unless we find another way to get it inside our system).

If you are not familiar with this article, I'd recommend that you read it. It's quite interesting, I think, and may offer some ideas that you cay try.
ripa
Total Newbie

Post by ripa »

the_winter_soldier
Junior

never thought about it that way to be honest, the article suggests sulfur free diet might help, will give it ago for a week or so but it doesn't seem sustainable
Failed Attempts:
- Tonsilloctomy
- Coronectomy
- Treated H.Pylori
- Fasting
- Aloe Vera Juice
- S-Acytl Glutathione
- Celery Juice

Currently trying:
- Pantothenic Acid
ripa
Total Newbie

Post by ripa »

The point is not to stay on sulfur free diet for a long time (only two weeks or so). The main idea is to fix the underlying problem by helping your body to metabolize sulfur (molybdenum and some other supplements) and to give it enough sulfur through skin (epsom salt baths). Once the body gets enough sulfur by other means, the amount of sulfur reducing gut bacteria should go down. And after that you should be able to go back to your regular diet (including sulfur rich foods).

I'm not saying this will necessarily be the cure for you. I just keep wondering why is it so often that something seems to help at first but then after some time (usually just days or weeks after) the bb comes back. Maybe there's a good reason for that? Maybe our bodies need this smelly bacteria for something?

This problem of ours may have nothing to do with sulfur. Maybe there's some other nutrient/compound that we are not getting enough unless we start growing some smelly bacteria inside our gut/mouth/throat/nose? I, however, still think this sulfur approach is worth a try because we know sulfur in most of it's forms is smelly and irritating and this problem of ours is bad smell (often sulfur-like) and many of us suffer from PATM (=people-are-allergic-to-me) symptoms as well. I think many of us are emitting some kind of smelly gas through our lungs and it may well be some form of sulfur.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

bad breath bacterias are like bullies...you fight them and they disappear for a few days then after a while they come back and deja vu
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic