Your Email Address:

First Name:

Im cured

Tell us your story with bad breath
ryan

Re: Im cured

Post by ryan »

I cant promise that my cure will work for all of us, especially if you only have issue in your mouth,(Most of us i believe/if im not mistaken have mouth/nasal fecal type of bb) But fingers crossed, I hope its just the same or related, maybe most of us only have the worse case( as long as its fecal)

Julián.free

Post by Julián.free »

How do you know you're without bb?
ryan

Post by ryan »

The big difference was the sticky mucus in my throat is gone, when i smell my saliva its neutral. Before everytime i swallow something, like saliva, eat food and drink water, people can detect odor (Its my nasal odor and people would comment "who fart") The culprit is the sticky mucus in our throat that even how much i try to swallow it or drink a lot of water, it still stays there ( its due to acid and back flow of stomach contents. I already mentioned before, that when i had my endoscopy, the result is antral gastritis(inflammation of the stomach) and base on my understanding our stomach is swollen. Thats why its stuck and for all these years we are used to its old position. We need to let our stomach breath, let it free or extend so our digestion will be better and will prevent the back flow of stomach content(with different bacteria, to come up.
Julián.free

Post by Julián.free »

The same thing happens to me when I swallow food. So the solution was to correct the posture? Do you follow any treatment or diet? I find it great that you tell your experience and try to help people. I was diagnosed with LPR and acid reflux so I understand the symptoms you say (mucus in the throat)
ryan

Post by ryan »

No treatment, no diet, Basically yes, you need to adjust the position of your stomach, so we can accommodate the increase pressure of the swelling. Your posture will suffer, but its okay(I can live with it) Also follow other important tips( in my previous post)
Julián.free

Post by Julián.free »

You say it can be Lpr/reflux, but you don't follow any kind of diet? You even say you have gastritis. Should we follow a diet as well? Sorry for my English
ryan

Post by ryan »

If you have gastritis( Please confirmed it to your doctor ) like me for the better/complete healing of the stomach.
Here are a few easy tips to help prevent gastritis:

Avoid foods that are greasy, fried, spicy, or acidic.
Reduce caffeine consumption.
Eat smaller meals
Stress management.
Reduce the consumption of alcohol.
After a meal, avoid lying down for up to 2 to 3 hours.

Antral gastritis, or gastritis in general, can be prevented by following healthy lifestyle habits and a balanced diet above.
sergiorm7
Total Newbie
Peru

Post by sergiorm7 »

Hi, in addition to bad breath, did you also have a white tongue? Is it no longer white?
ryan

Post by ryan »

Just a Reminder; Theres no instant cure for (oral/nasal/fecal) type of BB/Halitosis.
In my case, it took me almost a month to see results and improvement(case to case basis). It depends on how you regularly do or practice sticking the stomach out/extending your stomach to the limit. Wait until it sits naturally and you will observe the change of shape of your stomach or your posture. Being nervous or having panic attack wont help you in maintaining the position of your stomach. It will increase the production of acid and it will lead to reflux. My important advice is when you eat, extend your stomach and relax, so it will give more space for the food inside. Dont drink water after meal, wait after 20-30 minutes. Dont force yourself to burp or belch and if you can control it the better. It is possible to control it by maintaining your stomach out or extending it. Thats the reason why people can detect odor(fecal odor) when we eat food because of the gas(air) every time we burp. Sometimes we dont realize the silent reflux can also bring air to go up, thats the reason why we have (24/7) mouth and nasal fecal odor all the time. In my case, the smell is worse every time i swallow saliva, food or water.
At night, wait atleast an hour after meal before going to bed, when you sleep do the side sleeping position. After waking up always remind yourself of your posture, to maintain your posture; put your arms at the back, let it cross, hold one hand and slightly bend forward. You can also do light exercises like running and jumping while extending your stomach. Dont do exercises if your goal is to make your belly smaller. Its okay even if we have bad posture (we can live with it not with bb). Just accept it and dont let your stomach return the old position again.
The first improvement that I noticed was my nasal odor is significantly reduced until its gone completely. I was able to attend mass and eat to a restaurant, attend family gathering and drive motorcycle without stare from people around me. That time Im still not confident talking because I know I can still detect odor every time i smell my saliva. I was able to confirmed it to my nephews(ages 5, 8, 11) that my bad breath(mouth) reduced significantly because before every time I talk to them they would avoid me. I asked them how far the distance that they can notice my breath, they said only when we were very close/near my mouth, but in normal conversation they cant detect anything and they said if I have a gum or candy they cant detect anything as in zero. Now I'm confidently speaking/talking to people with or without a gum or candy without worries. I still keep my hygiene excellent. I dont receive weird reaction to people anymore and I can say that I'm cured. I hope I can inspire you all.
Julián.free

Post by Julián.free »

Is it still noticeable when you swallow? Extend the stomach for how long?
ryan

Post by ryan »

Not anymore, its gone completely. You need to extend your stomach all the time, until you get used to it and the position of your stomach stays like that.
heywait
Total Newbie

Post by heywait »

ryan wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:14 am
I read a user post on quora a few months ago about a guy who did the following experiment, for 2 days he ate the same foods at the same time of the day, first day he would not drink water before or after meals, second day he drank a full glass of water right after meal. He measured hydrogen sulphide levels throughout the day with a AIRE 2 device. His h2s levels were almost 3 times higher on the day he drank water.

It's not the most scientific method but I think there might something going on here. Probably water dilutes the stomach juice which allows undigested food to reach intestines and ferment creating more gas.

A same phenomenon happens with anti reflux medication a lot of people report bloating and there's evidence that long term PPI usage can lead to Sibo, for the same reason, improperly undigested food reaching intestines.

A diet which avoids triggering foods combined with not drinking before or after meals is the way to go. Although the do not drink during water during the day is a bit extreme, a better way would be to not drink 30-40 minutes before you eat, and 2 hours after you eat.
spyr

Post by spyr »

I have to share with you guys what I experienced during the last 2 months and how related it is to this post.

I have mouth/nasal fecal bb (the worst kind), and last month I went to holidays. I wanted to try to relax 100% so I tried diaphragmatic breathing. What I did is whenever I was doing nothing, I was breathing like this. For example, while taking the plane or the bus, I focused on diaphragmatic breathing NON-STOP. After hours of breathing, I realized my voice was getting deeper.
So I continued breathing that way when I had the time, and I then realized I had less phlegm in the throat.

During all my holidays, I never heard the question "Who farted". I was eating a lot of food, even unhelathy food with big quantities and I didn't have reactions (still had bad taste though). My digestion was pretty good despite eating that much. For me, I wasn't really cured because I thought it was temporary. And I was right.

My bb came back days after I came back to my home. The stress of work came back and my nasal bb immediatly came back.
It's just now that I'm realizing that maybe all of this was related only to diaphragmatic breathing. And it actually make sense because whenever I'm anxious, the reactions to my bb are much worse.

For me, what you are explaining with expanding your stomach is clearly about diaphragmatic breathing. But in my case, I don't focus on the inhaling part by expanding the stomach, but in the exhaling part with the sensation of relaxation in the abdonminal part.

From now on, I'm going to try to focus on diaphragmatic breathing as much as possible and I will try to make it a habit. Even if it doesn't cure my bb, it will still give me a lot of benefits.
ryan

Post by ryan »

@spyr Give it a try, follow all the things that i mentioned, it might help you. While you are doing diaphragmatic breathing, continue extending your stomach to the limit, let it stay like that all the time until you will get used to it(make it a habit). I believe that we the same case, If you have more question, don't hesitate to ask me (via private message if you like)
Grunge
Junior

Post by Grunge »

Julián.free wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:54 am What diets?
Staying away from bread, beef and sweets
Life can hold you down when you’re not looking up
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic