First Name:

Im cured

Tell us your story with bad breath
Grunge
Junior

Re: Im cured

Post by Grunge »

jo317 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:40 pm Grunge,

It is probably because when you drink water with a meal it dilutes your stomach acid, making it harder to digest your food. Have you ever tried betaine hcl stomach acid tablets???

As for this thread, I find it hard to believe GERD or lpr would be fixed by when you drink your water alone. Especially if you’re drinking water right before bed, which is a big no no for anyone that gets reflux (you want your stomach to be completely empty when you lay down). It may have a noticeable difference but I doubt it’s fixed the problem altogether. What are your other symptoms? Do you have other symptoms people usually have with silent reflux or gerd? Post nasal drip, throat pain, acid on tongue etc.?
Yes I’ve tried betaine hcl capsules, and it made my stomach burn, so I guess I didn’t need it. I Have chronic post nasal drip, I had the white patched tongue (until recently), stuffy/runny nose, canker sores, dry mouth, etc.
I think the point Ryan is trying to make is how much we put into our stomach when we eat, and how much we drink when we eat. He’s right, drinking nothing when eating works. I usually wait 20-30 min after eating to have something to drink.

Life can hold you down when you’re not looking up
Worst breath
Junior

Post by Worst breath »

spyr wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:20 am I have to share with you guys what I experienced during the last 2 months and how related it is to this post.

I have mouth/nasal fecal bb (the worst kind), and last month I went to holidays. I wanted to try to relax 100% so I tried diaphragmatic breathing. What I did is whenever I was doing nothing, I was breathing like this. For example, while taking the plane or the bus, I focused on diaphragmatic breathing NON-STOP. After hours of breathing, I realized my voice was getting deeper.
So I continued breathing that way when I had the time, and I then realized I had less phlegm in the throat.

During all my holidays, I never heard the question "Who farted". I was eating a lot of food, even unhelathy food with big quantities and I didn't have reactions (still had bad taste though). My digestion was pretty good despite eating that much. For me, I wasn't really cured because I thought it was temporary. And I was right.

My bb came back days after I came back to my home. The stress of work came back and my nasal bb immediatly came back.
It's just now that I'm realizing that maybe all of this was related only to diaphragmatic breathing. And it actually make sense because whenever I'm anxious, the reactions to my bb are much worse.

For me, what you are explaining with expanding your stomach is clearly about diaphragmatic breathing. But in my case, I don't focus on the inhaling part by expanding the stomach, but in the exhaling part with the sensation of relaxation in the abdonminal part.

From now on, I'm going to try to focus on diaphragmatic breathing as much as possible and I will try to make it a habit. Even if it doesn't cure my bb, it will still give me a lot of benefits.

Hi spyr, how long did it take to notice improvement on diaphragmatic breathing?
spyr

Post by spyr »

Worst breath wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:34 pm
spyr wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:20 am I have to share with you guys what I experienced during the last 2 months and how related it is to this post.

I have mouth/nasal fecal bb (the worst kind), and last month I went to holidays. I wanted to try to relax 100% so I tried diaphragmatic breathing. What I did is whenever I was doing nothing, I was breathing like this. For example, while taking the plane or the bus, I focused on diaphragmatic breathing NON-STOP. After hours of breathing, I realized my voice was getting deeper.
So I continued breathing that way when I had the time, and I then realized I had less phlegm in the throat.

During all my holidays, I never heard the question "Who farted". I was eating a lot of food, even unhelathy food with big quantities and I didn't have reactions (still had bad taste though). My digestion was pretty good despite eating that much. For me, I wasn't really cured because I thought it was temporary. And I was right.

My bb came back days after I came back to my home. The stress of work came back and my nasal bb immediatly came back.
It's just now that I'm realizing that maybe all of this was related only to diaphragmatic breathing. And it actually make sense because whenever I'm anxious, the reactions to my bb are much worse.

For me, what you are explaining with expanding your stomach is clearly about diaphragmatic breathing. But in my case, I don't focus on the inhaling part by expanding the stomach, but in the exhaling part with the sensation of relaxation in the abdonminal part.

From now on, I'm going to try to focus on diaphragmatic breathing as much as possible and I will try to make it a habit. Even if it doesn't cure my bb, it will still give me a lot of benefits.

Hi spyr, how long did it take to notice improvement on diaphragmatic breathing?
Hi, I felt the improvment after 3 hours of deep and calm diaphragmatic breathing. I felt a deeper voice and a loosening phlegm in my throat.
I did that for 3 days in a row during my holidays and it was enough for me to not have bb for a week (I was stress free during that week though)

The thing is it came back instantly with the stress of work. I tried again diaphragmatic breathing but I can't do it during several hours and the stress of everyday life isn't helping me.

During the past three days I've tried the stomach expanding technique and I realized it might be true that I was putting to much tension to my abdominal area. It could make the diaphragmatic breathing natural, without having to think about it
I wanna try it for at least 1-2 month to give a real feedback, but what I can say for now is the reactions to my bb are still here but have lessened.
Kaybay
Junior
United States of America

Post by Kaybay »

Hey Ryan how are you? Is this technique still helping you?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic