Your Email Address:

First Name:

Oravital & Halitosis Bacteria

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
MomSoph
Total Newbie

Oravital & Halitosis Bacteria

Post by MomSoph »

Hey. I've been lurking around here for awhile now.
44 year old female that has it all...great job, 6 figures, attractive and successful but I have been dealing with this issue for years now. Long story short, I had it for years and somehow it went away on it's own and I had a regular normal routine with brushing and flossing and I was good for years. Now it's been back for a few years and I've tried everything to fix it and I know my issue. I took the oravital bacteria test and I have the AA, FN & PM bacteria and they all have long names and I don't want to spell it out but it's clear these cause the halitosis. Oravital put me on some antibiotics and it did nothing for me. Still have the issue and I retested after and bacteria was still there. I did mess up the directions and took two back to back vs taking one fully and then moving on to the next so we agreed for me to take another round.
I'm taking metro and nystatin and will then switch to diph and nystatin and then take the magic mouthwash and then take a cream of metro and nystatin. If these don't work, l'm screwed. But I'm googling this stuff and they don't necessarily treat the bacteria so I'm questioning the medicine. They certainly are the experts and their brochure literally says we treat halitosis.
Anyone have any experience with this? I'm glad I know my cause but not sure I can truly get rid of this. Ialso did the laser gum treatment before all of this because I wanted a super fresh start and that didn't even help the bad bacteria but I have all 1--3 for pockets.
I’ve been on the medicine for two weeks and pretty sure my bad breath is still there.
Anyone have experience with this company or the bacteria?

KL123
Sheriff
Re: Oravital & Halitosis Bacteria

Post by KL123 »

A few years ago, I met with a famous Dr. in NYC who suggested Nystatin liquid to be used as mouthwash and gargle.

I opted not to do so because that would probably kill the bacteria in the mouth temporarily, but my body keep producing more and more of this junk. And the bacteria will keep becoming more and more resilient, the more I used antibiotics.
Ade

Post by Ade »

Hi MomSoph, thanks for sharing your experience. What bacteria did they identify ?

I recently did a similar test via a doctor. The results confirmed I have halitosis due to two types of bacteria: fusobacterium nucleatum and prevotella intermedia. I was on antibiotics for 10 days combined with a fodmap diet. I felt instantly fresher when I took the antibiotics the first day and when I licked my wrist I couldn’t smell anything (I know this test is not reliable but normally it always stinks). I think my bb reduced during the treatment but it came back half way through. I’m back to square one and people still react strongly.

I’ve since done some research about these two bacteria and found out one of them can easily resist to antibiotics :(

I highly recommend reading this medical article on fusobacterium nucleatum and the possible treatments available when this bacteria is associated with halitosis such as ‘ vaccines, antibodies, plant extracts, chemical reagents, probiotics and photodynamic therapy’: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 15318/full

I’ll do further research in Jan/Feb. This illness sucked up all my energy this year and I need ‘space’ from it.
torzsas12

Post by torzsas12 »

Based on the articles referenced by Ade, I started dealing with the necleutum bacterium. The expectorant with sugar free Ivy lead extract mucolytic completely eliminated my bad breath (used a few days ago) ,I found this article about the extract: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9130539/

"Ivy leaves are used as a traditional plant for different diseases since a long time of years. Their extracts are commonly used in folklore for the control of respiratory diseases as they can relax bronchial smooth muscle (bronocospasmolytic and bronchodilator), increase mucus production (mucolytic), inhibit inflammation, reduce fever and excessive sweating, and treat bacterial, protozoal, and fungal infections (Shokry et al., 2021). All these uses are related to high amount of different types of biological substances that may be the main cause of these pharmacological effects, including triterpene saponins, flavonoids, coumarins, polyacetylenes, anthocyanins, sterols, alkaloids, amino acids, vitamins, carbohydrates, and volatile oils (Yu et al., 2016)."

This article is also worth reading, where the effect of saponin was investigated in relation to halitosis: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6373059/

"Halitosis is an unpleasant odor from the oral cavity caused by the catabolism of bacteria in the mouth and has an incidence of 22–50% for adults worldwide [1–3]. Porphyromonas gingivalis (P. gingivalis), Clostridium perfringens (C. perfringens), and Fusobacterium nucleatum (F. nucleatum) are considered the primary bacteria that induce halitosis [4]. Chemical ingredients, such as chlorhexidine, triclosan, and cetylpyridinium chloride, are often used to treat halitosis, but these chemicals may also induce side effects such as bacterial resistance and urticaria [5, 6]. In recent years, efforts have been made to identify an effective and safe antibiotic based on phytochemicals, such as essential oils, phenolic compounds, and saponins [7–9]." "This work clearly indicated that alkali-transformed saponins from quinoa husk, especially ATS-80, showed higher antibacterial activities against three halitosis-related bacteria than the primitive quinoa saponins. One major reason for this result was that the less polar saponins in ATS-80 were able to more easily interact with the bacterial cell membranes and damage the integrity of the membranes, as well as decrease the membrane potential. Based on the superior antibacterial activity and economic aspects of quinoa husk, ATS-80 might be applied as an antibacterial agent to treat halitosis."

Ivy leaf contains saponins that show expectorant. I currently believe that the content of sepanonin helped eliminate halitosis. I hope it's not just a temporary condition, because the probiotics only worked for me for a few days.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic