Your Email Address:

First Name:

Cured but Scarred!!!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
HopefulOne
Advanced

Cured but Scarred!!!

Post by HopefulOne »

Anyone else here cured but scarred for life? Let me explain….

I’ve had this condition since the age of 12. I am now 61 years old. That’s almost 50 years of bad breath. The deck was always stacked against me because I had multiple issues going on. My bad breath came from periodontal disease, an undiagnosed dairy allergy and the inability to digest sugars. So over the years I would treat one, but my breath would still smell but not as much. I finally this year put it all together and as long as I eat zero dairy, zero sugar and take good care of my gums, my breath is normal and my tongue is pink. This means I eat most of my meals at home. In America, most restaurants put dairy in everything even during the preparation of meat. For the family thanksgiving meal, I had to prepare my own dairy free stuffing and meat. I could not eat any of the cakes and pies. I’m so sick of this life!!!!

God made me super intelligent and beautiful, but those days are behind me. I retired on a small pension due to years of depression. I’m a gray haired woman entering her senior years. I’m done with dating and love because I’m too afraid to date. I wouldn’t know what to do anymore. I’m still afraid to get to close to people even though my breath doesn’t smell. This particular life for me is done. I have my small condo and my dog and I’m ok with that. My best years were stolen from me. Maybe it’s past life karma, I don’t know….

You young people, don’t give up. Keep looking for a cure. Try everything possible. I have had so many painful procedures, taken so many meds and supplements, spent thousands of dollars, prayed many prayers, and it’s taken 50 years to get cured. Do whatever it is you have to do. The reason is there. Food, allergies, teeth, tonsils, something, just keep digging and you will find the cause. Hopefully you won’t have multiple causes like me. Best wishes to you all!!!!

the_winter_soldier
Junior

Re: Cured but Scarred!!!

Post by the_winter_soldier »

Congrats!!

I like that you never gave up, i hope your story gives hope to people who are thinking of ending their lives, how did you find that you have dairy allergy? was your periodontal disease visible or was it unnoticable?

how long did it take you to notice a difference in bb once you cut out dairy & sugar?

You probably don't want to hear an advice from a guy half your age but i would say you still have a chance to find your soulmate:)
Failed Attempts:
- Tonsilloctomy
- Coronectomy
- Treated H.Pylori
- Fasting
- Aloe Vera Juice
- S-Acytl Glutathione
- Treated SIBO ( only reduced bb)
- Celery Juice

Currently trying:
- Pantothenic Acid
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

Once I had the periodontal disease under control. I knew the bb was coming from my stomache. My gastro dr gave me antibiotics for sibo, but my breath was still smelling. Honestly after lots of prayer, I kept seeing the words “dairy free” multiple times per day. A huge big rig with the words “dairy free” actually made a u turn right in front of me. I had stopped drinking milk for years because it gave me horrible gas and stomach pains but I still ate cheese and butter. One day I just decided to give up All dairy and my breath was fresher within a couple of days. I also noticed how if I ate anything with sugar, my breath would smell. I had given up sugar before but I never gave up ALL sugar. Meaning I read every label for salad dressing, bread etc. if over 1 gram of sugar, I won’t eat it. Within a couple of days of doing this, my breath was normal. If I eat it again, the bb comes back. If I eat any dairy, I get headaches, stomach aches and sometimes I breakout in hives. This has been happening for years but I never knew it was the dairy. My body cannot tolerate it at all.

My soulmate may be out there but I’m gonna have to meet him in another life. I cannot bear to put myself through the anxiety of dating. Most dates are food based and I can’t eat in restaurants without a full list of ingredients so I would just rather stay home alone.
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

I knew I had periodontal disease because when I floss, the floss smelled bad. My dentist confirmed it. My teeth are white and perfect. I get compliments on my smile all the time, so the disease is not visible.
Longtime
Total Newbie
United States of America

Post by Longtime »

Congratulations. You give me hope. What does sugar include. Do you eats carbs like potatoes. What about honey? What about non dairy butter? I think my breath is fresher when I don’t eat dairy or carbs. But my tongue is still white. Thank you.
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

Sugar includes table sugar, fruit, honey, xylitol, mannitol, erythol, corn syrup, especially high fructose corn syrup. All sugar substitutes, although I am able to tolerate stevia and monk fruit for some reason. But mainly I stay away from ALL sugar. Besides water, I can drink dry red wine. I do use plant butter with no issues but I try to stay away from processed foods period. I can eat rice, white potatoes and bread (no dairy and no sugar). I basically eat Keto bread because it has no added sugar. I cannot eat sweet potatoes and corn (too much sugar). I eat no sauces, unless I make it from scratch.

I have gum disease, dairy and a sugar intolerance. I have to address ALL three issues to keep my tongue pink. I floss between my teeth twice a day. If I see any white on my tongue, there is Bacteria somewhere and it is normally the space between my last tooth and gum. I have developed my own solution that kills the bacteria between my teeth…works better than chlorhexidine. I plan to market my solution this year. Hell I might as well profit from my years of misery!!!
StillHopeful
Total Newbie

Post by StillHopeful »

HopefulOne wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:14 am Sugar includes table sugar, fruit, honey, xylitol, mannitol, erythol, corn syrup, especially high fructose corn syrup. All sugar substitutes, although I am able to tolerate stevia and monk fruit for some reason. But mainly I stay away from ALL sugar. Besides water, I can drink dry red wine. I do use plant butter with no issues but I try to stay away from processed foods period. I can eat rice, white potatoes and bread (no dairy and no sugar). I basically eat Keto bread because it has no added sugar. I cannot eat sweet potatoes and corn (too much sugar). I eat no sauces, unless I make it from scratch.

I have gum disease, dairy and a sugar intolerance. I have to address ALL three issues to keep my tongue pink. I floss between my teeth twice a day. If I see any white on my tongue, there is Bacteria somewhere and it is normally the space between my last tooth and gum. I have developed my own solution that kills the bacteria between my teeth…works better than chlorhexidine. I plan to market my solution this year. Hell I might as well profit from my years of misery!!!
You inspire me to not give up!
Market your solution, we deserve some compensation after all the money and time we spent.
Longtime
Total Newbie
United States of America

Post by Longtime »

These are the things that make my breath worse. I am going to try it. What do you do for breakfast and snacks.
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

For breakfast I normally eat a BLT with Keto bread or leftover dinner. For snack I eat pecans, peanuts or nothing. For dinner I eat baked chicken and sautéed or roasted veggies. Sometimes I eat rice and potatoes.

Today I was thinking I should eat whatever I want since I don’t work and I have no plans to date. My family is use to my smell. I miss fruit, ice cream and cake. I don’t know why I’m depriving myself. I have lived a VERY stressful depressing life. My life is pretty much over…I might as well enjoy my remaining years.

I don’t understand why God made me pretty with a gorgeous curvy body….when you stink, no one sees the rest. I was teased and taunted all of my life. I never reached my potential. I was so depressed that I didn’t enjoy my kids. I’m sure having me as a Mom negatively affected their lives. I’m honestly looking forward to the end. I’m no longer depressed and don’t say this out of depression, just matter of factly. I don’t wish this affliction on anyone!!
the_winter_soldier
Junior

Post by the_winter_soldier »

can you write a bit more detail about your periodental disease? what's it called? how did you get it? what does it smell like? and how did you fix it?

Props to you for still creating a family while battling this, you did the impossible
Failed Attempts:
- Tonsilloctomy
- Coronectomy
- Treated H.Pylori
- Fasting
- Aloe Vera Juice
- S-Acytl Glutathione
- Treated SIBO ( only reduced bb)
- Celery Juice

Currently trying:
- Pantothenic Acid
halley
Netherlands

Post by halley »

Wonderful story. But your life is not over you are still young enough to enjoy it. Looking forward to your solution. I still have not find any cure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic