Your Email Address:

First Name:

May be some temporary relief?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
KL123
Sheriff
May be some temporary relief?

Post by KL123 »

For a few of those who have read my posts,,, my chronic halitosis is not related to gum disease and tonsil stones and post nasal drip and all that jazz,
I have tonsils removed, don't have post nasal drip, and have excellent dental hygiene with 3 yearly trips to dentist for deep cleaning etc.

Perhaps my Dad's side passed it on to me, and two my siblings. I passed it on to two of kids (sh!t truly runs in the family). And I have tried every single thing posted not only on this site but anywhere else I have heard and/watched to no permanent fix.
I have also tried homeopathic, allopathic, Gastroenterologists, upper endoscopies, lower endoscopies, H-pilori tests, SIBO tests, 100 of different kinds of probiotics, kombucha treatment, Chinese medicine, herbal medicine, Indian Hakeem, Russian Babushka hacks, African bush and black magic treatments, acupuncture, acupressure, every single availane kind of mouth wash, hydrogen peroxide, backing soda, I mean, you name it, and I might have tried it. My quest took me all around the world, risked my life in the African wild bush, and have tried many, many remedies - but here I am, 100% confident that I will take it to my grave with me.

So long story short, I occasionally take Lansoprazole (Prevacid) for heartburn. In the past, I have taken esomeprazole, Pantoprazole, Omeprazole) and they all work pretty good to take care of my occasional heartburn, but Lansoprazole usually works pretty good for me.

I was recently visiting Los Angeles, and had a trigger on the heartburn. Stopped at a local Target to pick a travel pack of Lansoprazole, but they were out so I picked esomeprazole since it's the same ppi family. Popped a pill in my mouth on empty stomach and it took care of it but I decided to keep taking it every morning till I run out of 14 pills and complete the course. (I have done that in past as well).

On a side, I occasionally watch Dr. Pradip Jamnadas on Youtube.
And I was watching one of his videos where he suggested to use PRE-biotic fiber with Inulin for a good gut health and microbiome and all that junk. Most of his videos are sh!tty and I don't give a flying flock about it.

But I searched one of these prebiotic with inulin on Amazon and based on reviews, ordered one just for the heck of it. This is when I was still in Los Angeles.

I arrived back home after 5 days (had taken 5 pills of esomeprazole every morning by now) and the Pre-biotic/inulin was delivered.

Started taking it every morning half an hour after have taken esomeprazole on empty stomach.

So, get up in the morning, rinse my mouth, take esomeprazole with a full 16 oz Spring water bottle, waited 30 minutes and then took the pre-biotic with inulin mixed in a cup of plain water.

First 8 to 9 days were quite bad after starting this sh!t.
Lots of gas, discomfort in the stomach, and bulge moving in the intestines.

I always brush my teeth before going to bed. This includes thoroughly scrapping the tongue all the way to the dorsum, and then brushing for a good 3 to 4 minutes. (and indeed the breath stinks like Sh!t in the morning when I wake up).

While I was going thru this discomfort period, I would wake up in the middle of the night and took a sample of saliva from the dorsum, and as always it smelt like sh!t or rotten bone, dead animal etc.

I gave up on any hope but kept taking the esomeprazole and this sh!t - and at about day 10, the discomfort in the stomach had significantly reduced and I noticed that all of a sudden my saliva had no odor and taste in my mouth (that's usually bitter and bad), was pretty neutral.
I was like, WTF?

For testing purposes, I didn't brush my teeth for two days straight, and kept checking my saliva and the taste in my mouth, and to my surprise, it remained in a good state. I ate regular food that included meat, eggs, bread, sugar, dairy veggies, coffee tea etc (I NEVER drink alcohol and NEVER smoke).

I have now completed the 14 day course of esomeprazole and have been taking the pre-biotic inulin - and I feel that the taste in my mouth and saliva's odor has significantly improved. It's almost neutral. I have started back on brushing my teeth, twice a day and things look not too bad.

I have a confidence of 99.99% that my halitosis will come back with vengeance but for now, it is in the improved state for the last many days. Lets see how long it stays that way?

For those of you who know me, I am here on this website long enough to promote any sh!t. So here is the disclaimer for formality. I am NOT promoting any sh!t here. I am just throwing it out there as a story of my personal experience that may not work for anyone else. Sh!t is not very pricey, so I suggested it to one of my siblings who is going to start taking it.

We do NOT know whether it's the pre-biotic with inulin alone or it's with the combination of esomeprazole? I guess we will know it in a few days now that I ran out of esomeprazole.

Here are the products that I used. Should be all under $30.00

@Jimi
If you wanna give it a shot, send me your address in the PM and I will send both to you.

Grateful
Junior

Re: May be some temporary relief?

Post by Grateful »

This is great news 🧿🧿🧿

My prebiotic fibre has arrived. Will Start from tomorrow. Hopefully this is THE cure. I have had tons of PPIs before but no change in bb so am considering just the fibre. Wanted to know when exactly did you start the fibre ? And how many days has it been since you stopped the PPI ?
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Grateful wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:18 pm This is great news 🧿🧿🧿

My prebiotic fibre has arrived. Will Start from tomorrow. Hopefully this is THE cure. I have had tons of PPIs before but no change in bb so am considering just the fibre. Wanted to know when exactly did you start the fibre ? And how many days has it been since you stopped the PPI ?

Today is my 3rd day off of ppi. I started the prebiotic inulin fiber a little over 2 weeks ago.
I am constantly keeping an eye on the quality of Saliva which so far is good and almost always odor free. The odor has been minimal at some occasions, and the mouth taste is a lot better than how it used to be.
I am eating without any filter.

Remember, in my case, the first few days were discomforting tummy, gas, bulge movement in the intestine, more than one bowl movement, and bad taste in the mouth with horrible breath. It took a few days before it started to settle down.

All the best.
Keep me posted.
parvpri

Post by parvpri »

This is awesome news. Am really happy for you.

Hwo many tablets you take ? Like quantity for both items?

And do you have dry mouth too?
Grateful
Junior

Post by Grateful »

KL123 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:16 am

Today is my 3rd day off of ppi. I started the prebiotic inulin fiber a little over 2 weeks ago.
I am constantly keeping an eye on the quality of Saliva which so far is good and almost always odor free. The odor has been minimal at some occasions, and the mouth taste is a lot better than how it used to be.

Remember, in my case, the first few days were discomforting tummy, gas, bulge movement in the intestine, more than one bowl movement, and bad taste in the mouth with horrible breath. It took a few days before it started to settle down.

All the best.
Keep me posted.
Thanks. Had a couple of questions. How many scoops of fibre do you take in the morning. The mentioned dosage is one scoop but do you take extra coz so far I don't feel any gas or discomfort. So maybe I am taking lesser quantity. And once you take the fibre how long do you wait to break your morning fast ?
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Grateful wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:31 am

All the best.
Keep me posted.
Thanks. Had a couple of questions. How many scoops of fibre do you take in the morning. The mentioned dosage is one scoop but do you take extra coz so far I don't feel any gas or discomfort. So maybe I am taking lesser quantity. And once you take the fibre how long do you wait to break your morning fast ?
Nope.
I am taking just one scoop in 24 hours.
You are feeling no change in your stomach at all? It has some fiber, so your bowl movement or amount should have some change?
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

parvpri wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:59 pm This is awesome news. Am really happy for you.

Hwo many tablets you take ? Like quantity for both items?

And do you have dry mouth too?
It's in powered form and comes with it's own scoop. I am taking one scoop mixed in a glass of water, a day, and I am not taking more of Esomeprazole.
I will see how things go in the next few weeks by taking just this prebiotic fiber with inulin, all by itself?
parvpri

Post by parvpri »

I hv ordered too. Currently trying saline nebulizer plus zinc and potassium. Not seeing any changes.
Grateful
Junior

Post by Grateful »

KL123 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:10 pm
Grateful wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:31 am

All the best.
Keep me posted.
Nope.
I am taking just one scoop in 24 hours.
You are feeling no change in your stomach at all? It has some fiber, so your bowl movement or amount should have some change?
The thing is I am struggling with digestive issues since so long that this gas, bloating, multiple loo visits have become like a normal thing to me. My digestive condition is already in a pathetic situation n the stress due to bb isn't helping my case either. The anxiety that comes along with bb is making my digestion worse day by day. So its difficult to tell the difference.

Started prebiotic and herbal antimicrobials (Candibectin AR and BR) plus Molybdenum. Fingers crossed. If these set of supplements don't help me then I am going to leave dairy n gluten for good as I see some improvement whenever i am off both of them combined with a low carb diet and intermittent fasting. It's not very sustainable considering my social setup but will try for sure. I started Candibectin after reading William Davis's book Super GUT. He too recommends Prebiotic fibre for spore forming bacterias. Will report the situation by weekend.
Thanks for all the support.
Grateful
Junior

Post by Grateful »

Hi,

7 days into the fibre but no change in bb yet. OP mentioned that he noticed improvement on the 10th day. Hoping the same result for myself also.

How is it going for the OP ?
Worst breath
Junior

Post by Worst breath »

Keep us updated
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Got badly hit by the ongoing cold and fever virus. Felt like I was hit by truck. Had to stop everything.

The odor in the Saliva and some bad taste in the mouth started to creep in after about 3 days of stopping the Pre-biotic with Inulin.

I have re-stated it a day ago and will report back in a week to see how things look?
Grateful
Junior

Post by Grateful »

KL123 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:30 pm Got badly hit by the ongoing cold and fever virus. Felt like I was hit by truck. Had to stop everything.

The odor in the Saliva and some bad taste in the mouth started to creep in after about 3 days of stopping the Pre-biotic with Inulin.

I have re-stated it a day ago and will report back in a week to see how things look?
The universe tries hard to stop us from having normal breath. Happens to me all the time. Take care KL. Hopefully you get rid of both the virus n the bb soon. Good luck !!!

My update : Day 10 today. Still no change in the smell of floss. The saliva also still smells bad, however I feel the taste in my mouth gets neutral after eating food. Don't know what's happening.
Redazzz

Post by Redazzz »

That's a very interesting topic for me that I also have acid reflux.
Keep us updated please and I wish you luck my friend
Grateful
Junior

Post by Grateful »

It's been more than 2 weeks that I have had the prebiotic fibre but so far it hasn't shown any results. Will complete the one month supply though and update if anything positive happens. How is it going with you KL and your brother whom you had recommended it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic