Your Email Address:

First Name:

Is tonsillectomy a cure for certain people?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

My saliva is sometimes like pure glue: the stickiest thing you'll ever see.

It could be that our serous salivary glands (parotid) are disfuntioncal, so that we only produce mucous saliva, which may not be very good at cleaning. Who knows..?

So,,,, MSN meet-ups... whoever is interested can send me a message with their MSN e-mail address, so that I can add you. That way I guess we can then all add one another etc...

:-({|=

xoxo
Advanced

Post by xoxo »

HappyDays wrote:This sounds very accurate.

Ever since I recently removed my tonsils, the pnd is very much distinguishable as this very yellowish mucus that appears in my throat.
yellowish or green mucus means sinus infection. it could be mild, lasting 2-3 days (i get them sometimes) it goes away by itself. but if u get them for prolong period see your ENT..
HappyDays wrote:I think controlling pnd is the key for most. Removing tonsils is a must if you are a chronic bb person as it gives one less place for the bacteria to hide and build up. Pnd will never go away, you must control it the best you can..
couldn't agree more.
Joe
Total Newbie

Is tonsillectomy a cure for certain people?

Post by Joe »

My saliva is also like glue.It is so sticky that when I spit from the back of my mouth on the sink I can open the faucet and the water can't even push the spit.
Maybe what we would need is something to help dissolving the saliva in the mouth.
It seems that some of us have exactly the same thing: thick sticky saliva, white coating on the tonge, sour taste, problem becomes worse with dairy, etc
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Larc400 wrote:My saliva is sometimes like pure glue: the stickiest thing you'll ever see.

It could be that our serous salivary glands (parotid) are disfuntioncal, so that we only produce mucous saliva, which may not be very good at cleaning. Who knows..?

So,,,, MSN meet-ups... whoever is interested can send me a message with their MSN e-mail address, so that I can add you. That way I guess we can then all add one another etc...

:-({|=
My saliva is also like glue.It is so sticky that when I spit from the back of my mouth on the sink I can open the faucet and the water can't even push the spit.
Maybe what we would need is something to help dissolving the saliva in the mouth.
It seems that some of us have exactly the same thing: thick sticky saliva, white coating on the tonge, sour taste, problem becomes worse with dairy, etc
=D> Ah Now we're getting somewhere! At times, I'll just get a gob of thick clear mucous... like Jello. I agree with the salivary gland as a possible problem... or symptom. It's related. Anyone else?

Paying attention to these things will get us one step closer...!

edit: Hmm, the partoid gland is near the ear... I have been having some weird ear problems. Sometimes the inside feels damp, and when I clean it... it stinks as well.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

my saliva isn't that thick, though i always have the clear jelly like mucus in my throat everyday

not globs and globs of it, but small blobs.. sometimes there are even air bubbles in these blobs, giving them a very strange consistency.. i don't think this mucus has much to do with my bad breath though.. it doesn't smell at all and looks clean usually.. Probably just a result from PND sitting in my throat when i sleep
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

I don't think it's just the pnd, there are a lot of people who suffer from pnd that don't have bad breath.
Joe
Total Newbie

Post by Joe »

Maybe we could start testing things at home to help disolving saliva.
For example when you put soap in water its breaks the surface tension of the water making it more fluid.
We could put samples of our saliva in recipients and make solutions with water and lemon, herbs or wathever you think it could help and see if the saliva looses its stickiness.
If we share the results maybe could come up with something that taken or chewn during the day would get rid or at least control our problem
slone
Total Newbie

Post by slone »

Well, for me when i experience the thickening of saliva esp in the morning. I'll drink a glass of warm water (cold water doesn't help !!!). I find that it helps to stimulate my salivary gland and relieve my dry mouth condition too.

Anyway, as an update to my current situation. I've decided to go for a tonsillectomy since i've not much options, do i?

Hopefully, this can resolve my problem once and for all or at the very least, reduce the effect of bb. If not, i don't know how to face the rest of my life.... :(
HappyDays
Advanced

Post by HappyDays »

It will reduce it a bit and change it to a more stale bad breath than a shitty smell if you have stones.
If you have ond and its coming from your nose, it will not be a cure for you. I still have bb coming from my nose which seems to be caused by sinus infection/pnd. I used to have more of a shiit breath, well now its just regular bad breath that smells bad but isnt as bad as before. Sinuses have alot to do with my issue and I believe lots of people if the bb comes from the nose.

I am going to try oil pulling to reduce pnd. I have been doing sinus rinse but cant tell if its working at all. Any other ideas?
xoxo
Advanced

Post by xoxo »

HappyDays wrote: I am going to try oil pulling to reduce pnd. I have been doing sinus rinse but cant tell if its working at all. Any other ideas?
happy,

postphone the sinus rinse when u OP... OP drain mucus from the sinuses.
slone
Total Newbie

Post by slone »

So far, I've tried saline rinse and nasal spray but only the spray did offer me some relief in the condition. Somehow i feel that our mucus isn't being properly drained to our stomach to get digested, instead it lingers in our throat and causing the problem....
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

I kinda wonder if the mucous is the body's natural lubricant against acid in the throat. Like if you have any reflux, the body produces an overabundance of mucous... but we are at the point where the mucous is too concentrated, thus too thick to drain properly... which begins to affect the entire repiratory/digestive system all over again, like a cycle.

It is confusing thoough, that the actual mucous doesn't stink. Tonsil stones stink, but mucous doesn't?
slone
Total Newbie

Post by slone »

Hey elliott, i believe the mucus does stinks just that it needs some time to react with the bacteria to produce those nasty gases. After all, mucus is a potential food source for those nasty bacteria. If only we could take the antibiotic on a long term basis, i don't mind taking it to "stop" the problem while we wait for a real cure...
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Yea but everyone produces mucous that is swallowed unconsciously or not (post nasal drip). There's either something wrong with our mucous or with the bacteria in our mouth or maybe both. Ohterwise everyone's bacteria in their mouth would get feeded by their own mucous and get bb. I personally think it's the mucous which is incredibly thick and can't be swallowed. It seems to get stuck in my throat.
bbgirl
Total Newbie

Post by bbgirl »

Hi. This is my first post.I've been reading this site and feel everything everyone express'
Yeah, I scrape the back of my tongue trying to get all the mucous i can get at short of making my tongue bleed.I oil pull in the morning,rinse w/ hydro peroxide, chew gum when I get to work incase i get into a crowded elevator. Even then I've seen the look of silent horror if someone engages me in conversation, with their quick regret. I try not to speak in close quarters and try not to open my mouth when I am near anyone. Feel terrible such a outcast. BB is getting worse by the day. I was looking at the colon cleanse that tom mentioned. I had a bacon egg sandwich yesterday morn. I usually try not to eat in the morning. Becuz it seems to set off the BB allday. Well that really set off the BB to bad levels. Everyone i had to work with kinda sidestepped me. So reading the other post about the choline foods was very interesting. I'll have to monitor my dietand let you know.
Ifeel hopeful. I'm on a computer at home but i read your site during the day at work to get me thru my low periods. But i can't post from work. sometimes i get so depressed at work. Even tho I brush my teeth every two hrs at work. But no one has said anything to my face. Their looks say it all. My family says I don't stink. Driving me crazy. Thank you everyone here for saving my Sanity. Especially you Jimi!!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic