Your Email Address:

First Name:

Having success

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
TIREDOFIT
Advanced

Post by TIREDOFIT »

Okay so tortilla chips may be a little high to have everyday - they score a 19, but most fruits are very low, so I changed it to oranges.

TIREDOFIT
Advanced

Post by TIREDOFIT »

To Spacemonkey - wow it really sounds like you may have full blown TMAU. I hope the diet works for you! Just give it time, and please let us know. I would feel so proud just to have helped one person.
To answer your question, I mean't that family members are immune to the smell. Only sometimes if I talk a lot or take deep breaths sometimes my hubby will say, "It smells like farts in here." Yet when I taught 4rth grade I constantly got reactions all day long by kids and teachers. They made it sound like my breath was totally unbarable. Once a fellow teacher said out loud, "Is there a sewage leak somewhere?" I was devestated! Hence my deep desire to find a cure before I go back to work again. I swear it has a hormonal link because it has been worse when I a on the pill and after both my pregnancies. I first noticed it when I started taking the pill at age 18. I don't know of any family members that may have had this other than my uncle, but my father's side has all past away.

Best of luck! T
spacemonkey84
Total Newbie

Post by spacemonkey84 »

hey tiredofit,

did you get the pills from your local health store? i'll see if i can get them around too and post the results on here.

i'll also start cutting down on the choline foods T.T
TIREDOFIT
Advanced

Post by TIREDOFIT »

I got them from smartbomb.com, but they are currently out so I got them from another site that I can't recall the name of right now. Just google Odor Cleanse and a price comparison site should show up. I bought 3 bottles of 50 for $17 something. After shipping it was $24.

The copper chlorophyll can be found at a health food store most likely.

I stopped taking the grapefruit seed extract because it made my crotch itch :oops:
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

would protein supplements such as whey protein in powder form contain Choline??

I haven't been to the gym in a few weeks, and i'm loosing much of my mass.. I want to build it up again but with my metabolism, i'd need lots of protein.. and i don't want to go back to drinking 5 glasses of milk a day and meat, meat, meat.

Also, this may seem like a silly question, but does Soy Milk contain choline or any dairy?
BBNO

Post by BBNO »

Soy porducts are high in choline, Red meat is not so good either because carnatine is a TMA precursor . Almost every food has some choline (or some sort of TMA precursor). Its best to eat smaller meals because even if what you're consuming is low in choline, if you consume alot, you may overload what little ability you have to metabolize TMA. I would suggest getting tetsed before jumping on the TMAU wagon. Its easy and you don't neeed a DOCTOR (at least in the US).
TIREDOFIT
Advanced

Post by TIREDOFIT »

Not sure about the whey proteian, but the soy protein most likely has high choline.

BBNO - I saw that you could send in your urine to places, but it costs $400 - money I don't have. Have you found it cheaper anywhere???
BBNO

Post by BBNO »

UniversitContact the Clinical Mass Spectrometry Lab
at University of Colorado for instructions
and cost.
303-315-8175

from what I read it costs $150 for the test.
baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

BBNO wrote:UniversitContact the Clinical Mass Spectrometry Lab
at University of Colorado for instructions
and cost.
303-315-8175

from what I read it costs $150 for the test.
Has the test become any more straightforward/cheaper in UK/Ireland/Mainland Europe??

I did consider taking the test at one stage but never followed through.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

It's free via NHS in the UK. You'd have to contact the Sheffield Children's Hospital, I think it was... you'll then send them a 24hr urine sample after picking up a specific container at a hospital lab near you... I did that - got a negative, but am still suspicious regarding TMAU, as others (Monell Chemical Senses Center etc) seem to do more thorough tests... :?
baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

Larc400 wrote:It's free via NHS in the UK. You'd have to contact the Sheffield Children's Hospital, I think it was... you'll then send them a 24hr urine sample after picking up a specific container at a hospital lab near you... I did that - got a negative, but am still suspicious regarding TMAU, as others (Monell Chemical Senses Center etc) seem to do more thorough tests... :?
Yeah, was hoping there was somewhere by now where you can walk in off the street, provide the sample and get the results in the post.
I don;t really want to involve my current GP..
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

Baguio, an urinal test in Sheffield is 125 BP and the test is done by Dr. Manning, a leading scientist on TMAU. You have to follow his protocol very carefully thou.

And as far as I know you need a referal from your gp.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Hmm I did that test but there wasn't much of a 'protocol' --- just instructed to do a 24h urine collection without any dietary restricitons. Mico, did you do the Manning test..?
spacemonkey84
Total Newbie

Post by spacemonkey84 »

TIREDOFIT wrote:I got them from smartbomb.com, but they are currently out so I got them from another site that I can't recall the name of right now. Just google Odor Cleanse and a price comparison site should show up. I bought 3 bottles of 50 for $17 something. After shipping it was $24.

The copper chlorophyll can be found at a health food store most likely.

I stopped taking the grapefruit seed extract because it made my crotch itch :oops:
argh i went to the local gnc store and they just happened to have everything but the copper chlorophyll, whereas the online store has them... i'll have to wait until next week to see if they work for me.

i found it interesting that their website lists the copper chlorophyll as herbal treamtent for halitosis, although it is not supported by scientific evidence.
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

baguio wrote:
Larc400 wrote:It's free via NHS in the UK. You'd have to contact the Sheffield Children's Hospital, I think it was... you'll then send them a 24hr urine sample after picking up a specific container at a hospital lab near you... I did that - got a negative, but am still suspicious regarding TMAU, as others (Monell Chemical Senses Center etc) seem to do more thorough tests... :?
Yeah, was hoping there was somewhere by now where you can walk in off the street, provide the sample and get the results in the post.
I don;t really want to involve my current GP..
Baguio, are you from Italy? If so, I know someone who can test you in Bologna. Send me a private msg if youre interested.
Larc400 wrote:Hmm I did that test but there wasn't much of a 'protocol' --- just instructed to do a 24h urine collection without any dietary restricitons. Mico, did you do the Manning test..?
Not yet, but I might, as my first test was negative, eventhou I stank up my whole house for 3 days. He wrote a new testing assay in july about how to better test. How much n-oxidation % did you get?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic