Your Email Address:

First Name:

There is a Scientific group that could actually help us if t

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
nonsak

There is a Scientific group that could actually help us if t

Post by nonsak »

I have been keeping track of two universities as well as a scientific research group that could possibly move forward with helping...problem is....they don't know how many people they could actually help by doing research specifically for our type of bacteria. The technology is called STAMP. I emailed two of the research doctors as shown below (if you look up these scientists names you'll see the research articles that they've published)...There's also a oral microbiology department at the University of Buffalo and UCLA. Hope this gives hope, also, if enough people make them aware, they'll start doing research specific to us. it's shown below as well as the website for STAMP technology:

Research in progress, no clinical products to be tested yet.

Not knowing your problem, hard for me to givie any advice. For antibacterial treatment, try some herbal product at www.c3-jian.com
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2007 8:27 PM
To: Shi, Wenyuan
Subject: oral microorganisms...

Hello,

I live in TX. I read your article on the web regarding a study on people with certain oral flora with this condition. I wanted to find out if there have been any advancements made on a cure based on these findings, or if you could refer me to someone. Any help/response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 1:32 PM
To: Dr. Maxwell Anderson
Subject: Re: STAMP and chronic halitosis

Thank you! If you look on the Internet there are forums and forums of
people who suffer with this and have spent thousands of dollars on so-
called cures (to no avail)
The universities UCLA and buffalo NY are researching chronic oral
malodour but have not found anything that will help. Whoever finds a
real cure will have found a breakthrough for millions of people as
well as a lot of money. I'm almost thinking of trying clorox bleach,
I've heard other people tried it. Anyway thanks for looking into that.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 22, 2007, at 8:55 PM, "Dr. Maxwell Anderson" <[email protected]
> wrote:

> xx:
>
> We have not done any research on the oral, normally sulfur-fixing
> organisms,
> are one of the multiple causes of halitosis. As I'm sure you are
> aware there
> are also gastric causes of malodor. I will check to see if we have
> screened
> any Chinese herbs against the sulfur fixing organisms.

Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
LJ
Junior

waiting for the train

Post by LJ »

I myself have contacted the university in Buffalo at least 3 times. The third time was a charm; I was told to use zinc; it was the only known element to reduce the odor. I told him it dries out my mouth. He said, "well, then you will just have to wait."
They only had 3 or 4 people for their studies. There is no money out there for studies; there is just the big corporations probably ruining people's breath with their products.
The conspiracy theory I have is that they are causing the problem to create an industry. It may not be so far fetched cosnidering the growing product lines in the dental section of all stores.
STAMP however, is probably the most likely to hit us in our lifetimes. Mostly because it's not for bad breath; it's for any bacterial problems. ANd it's popular because it's an
anti antibiotic. It targets the bacteria. Currently we are looking at a megabacterial outbreak; if we keep using these antibacterial products and pharmaceuticals we will probably see all kinds of new things.
So, science is out there trying to correct some of it's mistakes.
We should stay in touch with the most promising of products and procedures. What ever happened to Oragenics and their probiotic mouthwash?
Anyone ever contact them again?
I bet it will be expensive.
Oh, I've been using the immune yogurt and activia (though no constipation) and it has reduced that lovely shit odor to some degree.
So, maybe this probiotic roll the country and world is on will eventually help us.
LJ
nonsak

Re: waiting for the train

Post by nonsak »

LJ wrote:I myself have contacted the university in Buffalo at least 3 times. The third time was a charm; I was told to use zinc; it was the only known element to reduce the odor. I told him it dries out my mouth. He said, "well, then you will just have to wait."
They only had 3 or 4 people for their studies. There is no money out there for studies; there is just the big corporations probably ruining people's breath with their products.
The conspiracy theory I have is that they are causing the problem to create an industry. It may not be so far fetched cosnidering the growing product lines in the dental section of all stores.
STAMP however, is probably the most likely to hit us in our lifetimes. Mostly because it's not for bad breath; it's for any bacterial problems. ANd it's popular because it's an
anti antibiotic. It targets the bacteria. Currently we are looking at a megabacterial outbreak; if we keep using these antibacterial products and pharmaceuticals we will probably see all kinds of new things.
So, science is out there trying to correct some of it's mistakes.
We should stay in touch with the most promising of products and procedures. What ever happened to Oragenics and their probiotic mouthwash?
Anyone ever contact them again?
I bet it will be expensive.
Oh, I've been using the immune yogurt and activia (though no constipation) and it has reduced that lovely shit odor to some degree.
So, maybe this probiotic roll the country and world is on will eventually help us.
LJ
Zinc must be effective, although it's not a cure. I use SmartMouth, which is the ONLY product I've used that actually works for hours and the rep said the same thing about zinc. You just have to know how to use it. There is a clear, invisible coating on our tongues that the bacteria hide under. You have to keep the toothpast/mouthwash in your mouth long enough for it to penetrate. You'll know it has after you've brushed your tongue (not hard), especially the back because this thick clear mucous will come out. Anyway, as for a cure I hope there's one soon!!! You think taking vitamin zinc would help? maybe I'm deficient or something...sigh
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic