Your Email Address:

First Name:

Primadophilus Optima and Omegazyme(digestive enzyme)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hopeful
Master

Primadophilus Optima and Omegazyme(digestive enzyme)

Post by hopeful »

Has anybody tried either of these products? I'm getting so desperate to solve this problem but starting to run out of funds(since I've bought SO MANY products already).

Primadophilus Optima(by Nature's Way) has 14 probiotic strains with 35 billion CFU in one capsule and the Omegazyme has over 20 digestive enzymes to help with digestion. Now that I know my bb is coming from my lungs and the source likely from my intestines/colon, I'm hoping these kind of products, directed more towards my digestive problems as opposed to dealing specifically with bb might be an answer. Chlorophyll hasn't worked for me and I'm still waiting for my Pro-M(Champex) to kick in. If anyone has tried these or similar products, I'd like to hear your results before I waste more money.

elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Hi Hopeful, sorry if I have already asked, but have you ever looked into hiatal hernia? Perhaps it's not digestion itself, but that food isn't staying in the stomach? I agree with the theory that the lungs absorb odor from the intestines, and it's good to direct focus there. The Primadophilius sounds to me like a super bacterial culture similar to bifidus (sp) or acidophilius, which didn't do much for me. FWIW.
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

I have considered hiatal hernia and I guess it would be he next thing to attack if this doesn't work. The thing is after my colonoscopy last month, my doctor thinks that I may have colitis(a kind of Irritable Bowel Syndrome). She wants to put me on a trial run of medicine(three months) to see if there are any improvements. The problem is I had this colonoscopy done overseas and my regular doctor is on vacation now so I can't get that prescription. I figure why not try a more natural route until she gets back. Both products also make a lot of sense in terms of what they should be able to do and to help my situation.

I've been having problems with loose bowel movements(no constipation, always one movement a day) and undigested food in my stool for quite some time now(actually around the same time my bb got really bad). I've actually always had stomach problems for as long as I can remember(which also dates back to when my bb started, around 11). So that's a really big correlation for me. Since I didn't know before my tonsillectomy where the source really was, I was focusing only oral causes. Now that everything in my mouth is good, logistically the intestines/colon would be next.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Interesting. One of my gastro doctors, after unsucessfully targeting a source for my BB, mentioned IBS. He told me that this is a term doctors use when they cannot find the answer to digestive problems. He said it's like a problem that ultimately means nothing at all. I dunno though.... that doc was weird. He had BB as well, and got frustrated with me for being angry about my own BB. Go figure.

Anyway, good luck, I think you're doing the right thing. Please keep us posted.
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

While I'm waiting for my mega doses of of digestive enzyme and probiotics to arrive, I decided to try some of the weaker options available at my local grocery store. I've already noticed a couple of changes after the first day. Since taking the digestive enzyme before eating, my stomach no longer makes weird and loud grumbly sounds after eating. As well, I bought two different kinds of probiotics from two different companies. Both only have 6 billion CFUs(colony forming units) per capsule so I've been taking 6 of them(the bottle I have coming has 35billion CFUs per capsule). This is much more than the recommended dosing of 2 per day but then again, I've got bigger problems than the normal person. So yesterday, I took 6 of one kind in the morning(not enteric coated...not sure if it can even make it to my intestines) and than 6 before bed(an enteric coated one). I woke up this morning with reduced morning breath. When I wake up, since having my tonsils out, I've been noticing a very strong, heavy, stinky breath. This morning, I had to really push the air out of lungs(hard) several times to get that same smell. My stomach's also a little unsettled/sore as well so if I'm not sure if there's a battle going on in there between the good and the bad.

I also ordered some ultra potent multi-strain probiotic powder from Custom Probiotics(260 billion cfu per gram. It consists of L. Acidophilus, L. Salivarius, L. Plantarum, L. Rhamnosus, B. Lactis and B. Bifidum) and can't wait to try that. I just hope it's okay to be taking so much probiotics in one day.

One last interesting thing to note was my bowel movement today. Instead of instantly dissolving after hitting the water, it stayed solid for a few minutes. The size is still thinner than normal but a development none the less.

My focus is to treat the IBS(which you are right about Elliot, it means they don't know what the problem is and they'll just give you different drugs to try until they find the right one :roll:). BB is a symptom of a problem of my digestion so improving my digestion should improve my bb(theoretically anyways). I'm actually questioning the use of Pro-M(odor cleanse/champex) and chlorophyll right now because those don't really address IBS. I might stop taking those anyways because I haven't noticed any changes on them.[/url]
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

You may have answered this in the other thread, but I get mixed up. Were you avoiding protiens, especially meats and eating more raw foods? No dairy? Are you on the no-choline diet? I wonder if there really is a connection.

I'm working my way to getting beef, milk and sugar completely out of my diet (well not completely, I'm trying to find out when I can cheat), but so far I have yet to see any difference. Everytime I change my diet (which is pretty healthy in the 1st place) My throat and stomach feel better, but my breath feels more concentrated... not worse, just different. This morning, a fairly huge tonsil stone just dropped right out and this doesn't normally happen. I wonder if these things are just random. Like everything I eat just has a different effect on me the next day!

... just rambling.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic