Your Email Address:

First Name:

Reasons why this problem is or will never be taken serious

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

findacure wrote:
Even when im around friends or family, im still trying not to expose them to the stench that im giving off,

Oh life!
Yea I know you are not allowed to be yourself. You can't express yourself and stuff. But what I'm trying to say is that things could be worse. At least you have some friends, I know you still can't really be satisfied especially if you compare your life to like 99% of the people who can just open their mouths and say whatever they want to, but still there are some who do not have a life at all and do not even have one friend, because of this problem. It's hard to make some new friends, but you're lucky that you have some friends who already know about your problem and don't leave you out because of it.
findacure wrote:Yeah, but if i didnt have BB, i would have so many friends i wouldnt have time to hang out with them all, im very sociable but this problem hinders me, making it very difficult to be myself..
Btw, if you don't want to hang out with them, you have a choice too now. Just say no and hang out with yourself. :P There's no need to hang out with froends you don't really want to hang out with.

But they could think the exact same thing. Perhaps they don't want to hang out with you. And one of the reasons could be your bb problem and the personality you show as a result of your bb problem. I know it wouldn't be fair, but there's nothing we can do about it.
mike987 wrote:sure, it'd be great if i could spend the rest of my life alone, reading books, watching movies, playing videogames, and working out in a far off underground dome seperated from the rest of humanity.... but that existence is impossible.
Yea, it would be great for like one day. But I don't think I would really want this. This is just what your bb forces you to want to do. I think the interesting part of life is actually that you are supposed to meet new people and make a lot of friends, but unfortenately we can't really do that and apparently we weren't suppose to. But in my opinion anything that bb forces you to think or want to think or want to do is not part of me. It's just a consequence of this bb problem.

elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Guys Isn't it amazing the situation that we have. Yesterday was extremely hard for me. How the hell do I go through this everyday? I'm not sure what would be worse than this?

The reason I don't have too many friends now, isn't really because they have all cut me off. It's because I have constantly avoided them to the point where all contact begans to dissolve. I don't even contact my family anymore. Like I said, is there a worse curse on earth than this? :-({|=
jsabini
Total Newbie

No cure, but there are a couple helpful things you can do...

Post by jsabini »

I have been suffering from a burning sulfur tongue for about 14 years now. Have no idea why it started. The only thing that 100% relieves the symptoms are Therabreath Extra-Strength Rinse and the corresponding toothpaste. Go to www.therabreath.com. Use the rinse/toothpaste at least at am & pm, mid-day also helps.

You should be ok if you use Therabreath 3x a day (make sure you get Extra Strength), but for added confidence for those face-to-face meetings that we all shy away from, Therabreath certainly helps, but for ultimate assurance, always be armed with a strong sugar free mint. The best, I have found, are called "Myntz". Get Wintermint Blast Myntz at Trader Joe's or at their website, www.myntz.com.

I hope this helps. This problem sucks, to be sure, but try these things above and you can at least learn to live with it. Your family, friends and co-workers will thank you.

Good luck.

Jeff
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

Because bb is a symptom of something else happening in your body, that problem will be the focus of any doctor that who's doing their job properly. Obviously the source for us is extremely hard to locate...
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

I´ve posted this post on another topic, but i did it thinking on all of you guys that are going through bad times and having suicidal thoughts....so i posted again here:

Hi findacure,

Just tell her, but not by the net or email, meet with her, and make sure you got plenty time to talk, cause one´s you start to talk about it, you will feel the need to tell her about this and all that you were keeping deep in you most of you can.... You will experience some kind of catharsis, and it will give you so much relief to let go all this things....
Also is probably that if this friend really loves you, she will feel even more next to you, cause our stories are so sad, and anybody can feel related to the effort that we do to keep our head up in life and keep being nice to everybody and be a good person....

Also, don´t stop there. Look for a psicologist, i´m looking to this for me right now. There´s a heavy psichologycal problem underlying in bb problems and that´s the soooo lower self autosteem that we all have. We all are our worst judges, we all are so hard we ourselves, and that´s why it´s so hard to get better. We are soooo outstandig about what the other people would say about us that we aren´t available to find mind relief for even 5 minutes.

And all this can be changed. Not the fisical part of the problem. But this psicologycal part. This is something that is common not just to people with bb, but to all kind of people with phobias or some autosteem disorders like bulimia, anorexia, and all kind of phobias. Panick attacks are psicologycal problems too.
Well, this all happens with bb too, and although we have a real fisical problem, this psicologycal problem also exists and it starts to grow and take control of all aspects of your like as you feel you´re not been available to find a relief. And it´s maybe worst that bb itself.
We need to wash our heads and start all over. And in life with possitive thoughts and feelings. It´s the only way to have a meaningfull life as we hang on for a cure, that will be there in a couple of years for sure. Also, a possitive attitude that it helped me so much in this dark years was to convinced myself that there will be a cure for this in the future and i have to prepare myself most of i can to be ready to get the best of those years taking the best of them. Like a project.. And that´s how i get the strenght to go to college and get my title, learn guitar, fill me with knowledge of all kind that i feel that could lead me to be a more complete and better person....to do the effort that not live like an hermit and althougt it´s psicologycal hard hanging around, keep seeying my friends..... we have to fight for our lives! and keep searching for a cure also. But in a possitive way.

Findacure, i talk my problem with my dad, and with my mother. With my mother i also break down in tears. Other time i strated to scream to her all kind of things cause she didn´t believe me and all this stuff (cause i always try to seem a normal guy, who has no problem) But the weight is sooooo much....we have to tell our problem to our loved ones, and admit and let them know that we aren´t perfect....that we have a problem that we can´t fix. and that we need help...and maybe compassion.....

This change of mind is very difficult to do, but it´s not impossible. Im´working on this for many years, and some times i´m better and sometimes worst, but we can go better facing the problem and making of this bb problem not a taboo anymore.

Not any psicologyst would be available to help us with this complex problem, just the same way not every ENT or doctor can helps us with the fisical part of the problem. Cause they are people too and they aren´t perfect either. But some of them can, try to look for people to seem to have the facility te be relate to the others, so a reasonable psicologist could give you a big hand. as you start to let go out all this years of psicologycal opression....

good luck to all
and stay possitive
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

i'm not so sure a psychiatrist is a good idea..

they're not a warm loving grandmother who wants to hear your stories and help you and care about you.. they're cold wealthy people that will write up your mental 'problem' (even if you don't have one) because that's what they're paid to do.. if they can't find a solution they probably pull one out of their ass..

how much happier would we be if even our psychiatrists are making obvious reactions, anticipating your departure than spraying down the room with frebreeze after you're out the door.

i understand your intentions and admire your attitude, but without a cure or good tretment, we're really better off alone. I once was about to bring it up with a friend I've talked to about all kinds of problems before.. but I think she could tell the direction it was going and quickly changed the subject.. She's a really nice girl and a good friend, but there's no words than can appease us and she probably knew that.

What would she ultimately say? I know what'd I'd be thinking "Yes, your problem is terrible, virtually untreatable, and I pray it never happens to me." This isn't a talk about a relationship, or depression, where there's always an upside or mental solution.. it's a talk that can lead no where but dissapointment. It does feel good to get things out, but that's what this site does for many of us.

Yeh, what I'd really like is to not be forced into being a hermit.. i want to greet everyone on the street, spark up conversations with complete strangers, show my friends how much more interesting I really am through discussion, and flirt with girls that I find attractive..

Is anyone familiar with black arts? Bake me a pie or something that will make my bb go away for an eternity.. There's room for sacrifice.. If only a demon would appear and make an offer.. At least then I'd have something to consider..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic