Your Email Address:

First Name:

Reasons why this problem is or will never be taken serious

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Busted
God

Reasons why this problem is or will never be taken serious

Post by Busted »

1. Bad breath is caused by a bad oral hygiene. So we need to go brush our teeth :?

Commercials are full of it. It's usually the first thing that gets associated with bad breath. We don't brush our teeth good enough. And if we do, we need to brush our teeth more often. It's the fault of the person who suffers from it. Chew some gum some more and take more mints.

2. Bad breath is no big deal

[sarcasm]We only suffer from it mentally, so I guess they are right[/sarcasm] Oh yea and it's only a problem for the person we speak to.

3. To actually know how much of a problem it is for us, you pretty much have to be a chronic halitosis sufferer yourself.

And there aren't many. Let's be honest. How much of you haven't been lookin at how close other people can get to each other. They can pretty much speak with their mouth from like 10 cm from someone's nose. Their breath does not have any smell and it shouldn't have any. Even when they don't brush their teeth for 3 days, it's still doesn't have the bb level of a chronic halitosis sufferer. They can not see or know what we are thinkin. How it keeps us thinkin about it every day. How we are reminded of it every day. There can't be even one day that you are not thinkin about it. Except when you are all alone. But do we really want to be alone? No of course not. We are pretty much forced to be alone, because we can't deal with this bb. Are we really anti-social? Of course not, we are forced to be anti-social because we don't want others to know that we suffer from bb. And how do you express yourself? Do you just laugh out loud in public. So everyone around you knows your suffer from bb. For those who can do it, I must say good job. But seriously I'm pretty sure the majority of us can't do this. We walk around with our mouths shut as tight as posssible. In other words our personality is gone.

Feel free to add some more...

Busted
God

Post by Busted »

When I first found out about this problem, I was embarrassed of course. I became more anti-social day by day. There had always been people complaining about my bb or they would tell me indirect by offering me lots of gum. But I had never expected that there would be nothin so far that I can do about it. Nothin can remove it 100%, which is really hard to believe sometimes.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

people around me sometimes wonder why i'm in a bad mood, or why i don't take responsibility for things.. etc..

well it's hard to be a responsible person with a problem where you can't open your mouth! You know dad, i'd go to more family events, talk to you more, and would definitely be a happier more social person if i didn't have this problem.

constantly depressed, it's hard for me to keep up in school.. i just realized recently that i've got no choice but to abandon at least 3 of the courses i'm taking this semester because i've fallen so far behind in them.. which means i'll be another year away from graduating.. AGAIN... i'm sorry.. but i barely have the will to live anymore.

last week i was actually researching methods of s*****e.. i want to live, i really do, but the world is shunning me and i feel less and less like i belong.. more and more like a failure and an outcast
greenman
Advanced

Post by greenman »

mike987 wrote:people around me sometimes wonder why i'm in a bad mood, or why i don't take responsibility for things.. etc..

well it's hard to be a responsible person with a problem where you can't open your mouth! You know dad, i'd go to more family events, talk to you more, and would definitely be a happier more social person if i didn't have this problem.

constantly depressed, it's hard for me to keep up in school.. i just realized recently that i've got no choice but to abandon at least 3 of the courses i'm taking this semester because i've fallen so far behind in them.. which means i'll be another year away from graduating.. AGAIN... i'm sorry.. but i barely have the will to live anymore.

last week i was actually researching methods of s*****e.. i want to live, i really do, but the world is shunning me and i feel less and less like i belong.. more and more like a failure and an outcast
yeah i was doing that too..... lol i settled on morphine/meth overdose.....

realistically it would take extreme social mental breakdown or a couple of years of immobility for me to purchase these drugs.

god knows the problem with me and i hope god can cure it. everything i've done, made everything worse. if god cannot fix me, buddha will atleast keep me calm and serene. 2012 will be a great turning point in our lives. i'm going at halitosis like the devil, and staying sane thanks to taoistic philosophies. i do not take life seriously, plz don't take me literally as you can already tell = )
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

I understand where you are right now and I empathize with you. It's probably not comforting for you to hear but there has to be an explanation of your bb. Until you have explored every possible source in your body, don't give up. If normal doctors aren't doing enough to help you, seek alternative medicine.

We all know how tough this problem is to beat but...there has to be a reason. Do not give up until you have explored every avenue of your source. There are people trying all sorts of things on this board everyday and people are finding relief. You just have to find what will help alleviate or cure your condition.

Eliminate all oral sources and move on to other parts of your body. I know it doesn't really help but remember that you're not in this alone. I suffer everyday and it crushes me at times. I just can't give up until I've worked through my body top to bottom.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

My mind wanders in that dark direction at times... but man, there is more to life than what people think of you. Like you said, it's all ok when you're alone. If you can somehow be happy alone, then it is reason enoough to keep it going.

Life is short anyway. I figure I'll get what I can get out of it, regardless of this curse. If I can smile a few more times, then I'll take it. I satisfy my conversational needs on the internet. I try to share my life experience and wisdom to others to learn from. I'm simply worth more then what halitosis has made me into, and I have more to offer. Heck, the research that we do, is beneficial for the next gen of BB sufferers. Do you want others to go thru this, or do you not care... like we accuse others of?

I agree that there is a cure, and I'll bet it is simpler than we will have ever thought. I still think there is more we can do with this site as far as tracking and grouping individual symptoms, treatments and how people react depending on their variables. We have all the numbers, but we have not been organized to lay them out on the table, and do the math. This is a puzzle. With al the pieces together, and the help of a doctor and scientist, we can find the solution.
greenman
Advanced

Post by greenman »

elliott wrote:My mind wanders in that dark direction at times... but man, there is more to life than what people think of you. Like you said, it's all ok when you're alone. If you can somehow be happy alone, then it is reason enoough to keep it going.

Life is short anyway. I figure I'll get what I can get out of it, regardless of this curse. If I can smile a few more times, then I'll take it. I satisfy my conversational needs on the internet. I try to share my life experience and wisdom to others to learn from. I'm simply worth more then what halitosis has made me into, and I have more to offer. Heck, the research that we do, is beneficial for the next gen of BB sufferers. Do you want others to go thru this, or do you not care... like we accuse others of?

I agree that there is a cure, and I'll bet it is simpler than we will have ever thought. I still think there is more we can do with this site as far as tracking and grouping individual symptoms, treatments and how people react depending on their variables. We have all the numbers, but we have not been organized to lay them out on the table, and do the math. This is a puzzle. With al the pieces together, and the help of a doctor and scientist, we can find the solution.
being holistic of life i do not want this curse on my worst enemy. i live for a day when we all find the cure and erase halitosis from the earthling vocabulary..
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

The thing that hurts so much is so much of life depends on just simple interaction with other people - through plain old daily functioning whether it be at work, at the grocery store, at church, wherever. So much of that I took for granted before.

And as far as finding peace being alone, when I am all I feel is the magnitude and the ugliness of my situation….its like - so much has changed over the five years since I've had this - I'm more alone than ever now, I have almost no friends, I've been single through this whole ordeal, not many places to go, family knows of the problem so they don't really want to hang around me, sure I could find a board like this to talk about my feelings…but its not the same. It helps and I'm greatful for people's kindness, but for me its not the same. I don't know anyone here. There's a certain gratification you get from loved ones, long time friends or lovers even. There's a certain gratification you get when meeting folks you don't know, strangers who ask for direction, someone who says thank you, or greets you with hello even. This disease has taken away alllll the simple innocence of that. I don't know…
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Talk to yourself. That's what I usually do and it helps me. Or imagine how a certain situation would/could have been if you didn't have chronic halitosis. What you would have done and what you think would have happened.

Create an own world with friends with imaginary stuff that did not happen in real life.
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

I have thought of s*****e on many occassion - overdose was my option.

Sometimes i sit and think and i think of all the bad things related to my BB, all the bad situations i ve been in, the comments, gesture, looks that people have given me, and i have this out of body experinece as if it wasnt me and it was happening to someone else, then i snap back and realise it is happeing to me.

I also find myself thinking of what other people are thinking of me when the rub the nose or realise i have BB, it makes me feel disgusting...that, that person is going to go away with a negative thought about me "that girl stinks" is the main one.

I always remember the saying "good news travel fast, but bad news travel faster"

and the bad news is i have BB, and the whole building i work in knows about it.
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

Busted wrote:Or imagine how a certain situation would/could have been if you didn't have chronic halitosis. What you would have done and what you think would have happened.
I sometiimes do that, and it makes me feel good for while, but then i get upset bcoz it will probably never happen that way!
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

findacure wrote:
Busted wrote:Or imagine how a certain situation would/could have been if you didn't have chronic halitosis. What you would have done and what you think would have happened.
I sometiimes do that, and it makes me feel good for while, but then i get upset bcoz it will probably never happen that way!
But you have friends that are willing to hang out with you, so maybe that means they accept you despite the fact you suffer from this problem.
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

Busted wrote:
findacure wrote:
But you have friends that are willing to hang out with you, so maybe that means they accept you despite the fact you suffer from this problem.
Yeah, but if i didnt have BB, i would have so many friends i wouldnt have time to hang out with them all, im very sociable but this problem hinders me, making it very difficult to be myself..

Even when im around friends or family, im still trying not to expose them to the stench that im giving off,

Oh life!
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

heh it's true.. even if you have friends willing to spend time with you, you're still making a huge effort to keep your breath in control..

it's mentally taxing, even with people you love the most.

sure, it'd be great if i could spend the rest of my life alone, reading books, watching movies, playing videogames, and working out in a far off underground dome seperated from the rest of humanity.... but that existence is impossible.

no matter how happy i might be, i'll never be able to just "let go" and feel alive
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

My family used to own a 50 hectare land in the province but they sold it years ago. Now I wish we hadn`t coz I really want to live in a secluded place, far away from nasty people.Everyday I`m thinking of becoming a hermit or killing myself with a gun. I try to stay positive & watch comic shows to relieve my stress but I feel really depressed lately because Christmas is near & a lot of my relatives will be coming home from the US & Finland & I still smell bad as hell.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic