Your Email Address:

First Name:

Stressed out about attending a wedding....

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
iwillbecured

Stressed out about attending a wedding....

Post by iwillbecured »

One of my good friend is getting married this Saturday. We don't see each other often, but has been keeping tounch by chatting online almost everyday. I promise I will attend her wedding, but now I'm feeling really stressed out about it.

Today I went out for lunch with my brother today. A woman who sat next to our table complained to the waiter about "something smell bad" and requested to change table. I was pretty sure that "something" was me. This is the first time something like that happen to me in a restaurant. Before the only reaction I would get was probably waiters scratching their noses. But now I guess my bb has gotten stronger and other patrons can detect it. And the funny thing is that my brother can't smell me at all.

So today's incident definately add more stress about the wedding. My friend getting married is a big once-in-a-life-time event. I really don't want to miss it. I keep on telling myself that don't let this bb problem ruin our friendship. I should still do what I need to do. But at the same time, I am so terrify of the thought that I might disgust the other unlucky guests who sit in the same table with smelly me.

I've decided I don't want to back out now. I am going to go to my friend's wedding. But what should I do on that day? Should I shower with perfume? Or perhap just drink some perfume? Ahhh.... feeling really stress and just want to vent....

elliott
God

Post by elliott »

That's a tough one. I think the worse part is that you are already anxious and stressed, which might make things worse. Don't eat any meat, dairy, sugar before the day and try to seriously relax. Take a long shower and let the water spray down your throat for a few minutes, gargle in the shower, do a good cleaning, irrigate the throat and sinuses if possible. Take some Ricola sugar free throat drops, or something similar with you. Try to enjoy yourself, and don't think too much about it. Of course you'll have to keep somewhat quiet.... but chances are you'll find others with BB too! I always find this at huge gatherings ...That I'm not the only one. 8)

PS. don't drink! [-X
greenman
Advanced

Post by greenman »

i just wouldn't eat that day or do a colon cleanse.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

That is why i don't have/want friends anymore.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Damn I really hope that everything will be ok, but it's definately goin to be hard since there are almost people everywhere. It's hard to find some space to take a deep breath. But it's cool that you don't let it stop you from goin. I hope you will return from the wedding with a good feeling and not the opposite.
findacure
Master

Re: Stressed out about attending a wedding....

Post by findacure »

iwillbecured wrote: Ahhh.... feeling really stress and just want to vent....
Alot of people probably wont notice, i find at large events not many people notice and i sometimes i dont get any reactions, their to busy enjoying themeselve to notice, and hopefully you will be in a very well vented room.

Just enjoy it, sit with someone you know and feel comfortable around. and if the musics loud, talk to someone in the their ear instead of to thier face i find that works for me!

OMG the things we do!!!!
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

I don`t know if you`ve already tried this but I know of one TMAU person who takes flagyl during special occassions. She knows that it`s dangerous for prolonged use so she just takes it in during emergencies.
j0n1982
Junior

Post by j0n1982 »

i am sorry, iwillbecured. i am not sure if i should say go and have fun there or, just skip it. i dont know..

this is a tough life for us really. i had to quit my job just the other day because i cant anymore take getting ridiculed at work..

i am not sure what can we do... the embarrassment is just to much. you always feel like youre in the middle of world and everyone is taking shots at you. you space out, but then comes back to the real world and still find your self the world's greatest joke.

i dont want this years christmas..santa never ever gives me what i really want.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

I think if it's better that you do go, since she's your best friend. I think she might be dissappointed if you didn't go. I think we let bb stop us from doing to many things. Eventually we're all going to die and then everyone is just going to forget about you, wether you had chronic bb or not. I Have been forcing myself to speak even when I'm in a crowded area. I see all these reactions and people lookin at me in a disgusted way, which isn't strange. But what the hell, I don't care what they really think of me. They can think I don't brush my teeth or whatever. I know it's all bullshit. There's also mo real need to be embarrased about it anymore, because we don't really have a life. And since this life is really such a joke, there's no need to really take it so serious. What happened to our pride, what pride? After getting humiliated every day, what pride do we have left. Nothin. So just talk whenever you want to and screw those who discriminate you because of it. I use to think that by shutting up I'm doing others a favour, but guess I'm not, because if I don't speak they will think I'm weird and because it's impossible to avoid speaking to someone. There are people everywhere. Better be the person who suffers from chronic halitosis than to be the person who suffers from chronic halitosis and the weirdo.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

j0n1982 wrote:i am sorry, iwillbecured. i am not sure if i should say go and have fun there or, just skip it. i dont know..

this is a tough life for us really. i had to quit my job just the other day because i cant anymore take getting ridiculed at work..

i am not sure what can we do... the embarrassment is just to much. you always feel like youre in the middle of world and everyone is taking shots at you. you space out, but then comes back to the real world and still find your self the world's greatest joke.

sorry to hear that, jon1982. Those people who did that to you don`t know what you`ve been going through. I don`t believe in karma anymore but I sure wish that it was for real.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

jc wrote:
j0n1982 wrote:i am sorry, iwillbecured. i am not sure if i should say go and have fun there or, just skip it. i dont know..

sorry to hear that, jon1982. Those people who did that to you don`t know what you`ve been going through. I don`t believe in karma anymore but I sure wish that it was for real.
I don't think they would even care what he is going through. This planet is full of ****ers. It's always easy to make fun of someone's handicap. Also the only way you can actually know what exactly is going through our minds, is when you are a chronic halitosis sufferer yourself.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

\:D/
so how was the wedding? Did you clear the place out? Just kidding, of course...
iwillbecured

Post by iwillbecured »

Hey everyone. Thanks for your reply and suggestions. So here is what happened on Saturday.

I took elliott and greenman's advice and did some preparation. I watched what I ate the day before. And on the day of the wedding, I didn't eat anything during the day. I also did a colon cleanse in the morning. Well, not exactly colon cleanse, but the salt water cleanse. I drank a big glass of warm salt water and that "flush" things out. I also took 2 Pro-M before leaving the house. Brushed my teeth and tongue really good, and rinse my nose/sinuses with saline water.

My boyfriend went to the wedding with me. Normally he doesn't really notice my bb. I think he's just used to it. So before we walk into the wedding, I asked him if he can smell my bb. He said he didn't notice anything. I asked him to let me know if he smell anything during the wedding/reception so I can go to the bathroom to brush my teeth or chew a mint. It's good to have him there with me... both as my own bb detector and for support.

So findacure was right! People didn't really notice my bb. There were a lot of people there, and most of them were drinking. I guess that kinda weaken people's sense of smell a little. Then the dinner reception was the part that I was really stressed out about because I had to sit close to people. There were 10 people at one table. A guy sat next to me. He was the most talkative person at my table. He kept on talking to me. At first I would give really short answers. He did the scratch nose things couple times, but it seemed like he didn't really care because he just kept on talking to me. Well, I was still very self concious and kept quiet most of the time. But it really seemed like people didn't notice, or they just didn't care.

After the reception, I asked my boyfriend again if I have bb. He then told me "you do smell a little funny today". He said he can't really describe what "funny" meant. He said it was just a weird unusual smell. He said he didn't tell me earlier because seemed like nobody notice. But for my boyfriend (who doesn't smell my bb normally) to notice my smell, I know that meant it's bad. And he said he hasn't notice my bb for a long time until that day. So I guess stress really push the level of bb way up.

I ate a lot at the dinner reception because I was so hungry from not eating all day. Also eating kinda kept me from having to talk to other people. About 2 hours after we got home, my boyfriend told me my "funny" smell now smell like "hospital". I asked him what does "hospital" smell mean. He said it's kinda like "poo" smell. The smell was still there after I brush my teeth. I am sure it's coming out of my digestive system.

Anyway, I am really glad that I went to my friend's wedding. Yes, it was a stressful day. But attending my good friend's wedding is all worth it. Thank you guys again for all the great advices and support. We really shouldn't let bb ruin our life anymore.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Ah you had your bf's support all the time, thought you were going there all alone. :) it's a huge difference. Glad everything went ok.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

i'm glad it went ok too..

but it pisses me off that you couldn't just speak to the talkative guy.. How great would it have been to not have to keep to yourself.. You probably barely said a thing and he had to cover his nose..

Imagine if you could have returned coversation with him.. Or even srarted your own conversations with that guy.. Or more unfathomable, you became the most talkative person at the table..

Do you guys know how much more successful we'd be if we didn't have this problem!? We have talents, and dreams, probably stronger than those of normal people.. Imagine what we could do and the lives we could live if this shit wasn't constantly beating us into submission... ](*,)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic