Your Email Address:

First Name:

my story w/ bb

Tell us your story with bad breath
Total Newbie

my story w/ bb

Post by newbie »

I have not shared my prob. w/ neone nd i just wanted to get this off my chest, i have cried myself to sleep countless times because it is something that is out of my control, gone thru the why me, even questioning my faith, im trying to look at the upside and have faith that it will improve, i know everything happens for a reason, and the little things that i worried about before don't even matter nemore, i try not to judge others because i know what it feels like to be on the other side . People don't see how priveleged they are just to be able to have a conversation w/ someone, im embaressed to confide in any one so thats why im here

I just want to share my story I have been suffering from bb for i'd say the past 2-3 years, i have always suffered from allergies but when i got to college the symptoms just got worse, and i started feeling a nasty taste in my mouth, and a lump in my throat it did not matter how much i swallowed i still felt like there was something stuck in my throat, i later found out after searching the web that it was post nasal drip, i went to an allergist and got tested and im allergic to pollen, dust, mold, grass, trees, cats and dogs.
I have been undergoing immunotherapy for a while now but the pnd is still there which i think might be the main source of my bb, the feeling of my mouth is horrible i used to think it would go away from brushing my teeth but no, my dentist said there was nothing wrong with my teeth/ gums, the immunotherapy is helping little by little so i still have hope and on top of that im on all types of meds.
I'm on nasonex, astelin, and i recently started taking singulair which is kinda helping me so far hopefully it will keep working, i do the nasal irrigation and i have been drinking 8-10 bottles of water a day which is also helping with the taste in my mouth, and i have been taking mucus relief pills to thin the mucus.

I would appreciate any suggestions or even just kind words and prayers, i will be praying for all of you

Iris
Junior

Re: my story w/ bb

Post by Iris »

I also thought for many years that my BB was caused by the PND. I mean, I still think that PND may be interfere a little. However, after having some relief from the PND with low choline diet, I realized that BB still the same. I have to tell you that I also had a nasty taste in my mouth, a sensation of lump in my throat, and even I could taste the mucus when I swallowed it. It had a bad taste. I had such sensation of a lump in my throat for years and none doctor could solve such problem. The low choline diet help me a lot. What is funny is that when I started such sensation of lump in my throat, my mother and my sister also shared with me the same problem. However, they never had BB. I had also a co-worker who used to complain a lot about PND, but he did not have BB at all. I used to see his gesture of swallowing the mucus all the time. Also, he used to tell me that his PND was so constant that sometimes was controlling his life for not allowing him to work due to headach and others problems. But he never had any BB at all. After having not a lump anymore and no PND, (just when I go back to milk, cheese, meat and so on), I am not so sure if my BB is due to PND. I am realizing it is something much deeper than that, something that it is beyond my control and even beyond physicians knowlegde. I cannt count how many doctors I have been. They just does not know what to do when they cannot find any disease or anything wrong in the exams.
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

i saw so much of myself in u when i read your story. if i were u i wouldn't start using all these bad breath products that are out there, given your situation with bb is fairly recent. they work at first but will eventually only make your breath so much worse in the long run.

i got bb when i was 14. i had horrible oral hygiene up until that happened. i mean the absolute worst. you know those kids that smile in your face and you can see the plaque caked on their teeth, that was me. so when puberty hit my at 14, i got chronic halitosis i guess from the hormone changes. i smelled like sewage. it was tramatic and nothing i did to clean my mouth helped. after a couple years my problem lessened to a persistent fecal odor and stayed that way until i decided to "treat myself" at the age of 20 like so many of us have done here have/are doing. i used zinc products, dr. katz products, dioxirinse products, everything. i started developing chronic sore throats from all the crazy mutated bacteria that were breeding in my mouth and i started to smell like rotten fish when i breathed out of my nose. it was humilating! i finally went to the ent and he said i needed my tonsils taken out to get rid of my sore throats and hopefully my bb as well. it worked. i was shocked. i didn't expect it to work b/c some people here tried this and it didn't help. i don't have sore throats anymore and i can talk now. i mean talk. cuz when you have bb you are always hiding your breath so it doesn't project when you speak. now everything has changed.

i say that you should pray that God guide you through this. it happens for some reason.... some reason. but when he brings you out, the feeling is indescribable. i can hardly think on this miracle without crying.

try to seek medical help. it is likely that your adenoids and tonsils got putriefied from your allergies and hormonal changes. so removing them may be the first step to helping your problem. also, if you have acid reflux, see if you can get a prescription for prilosec. it helps the acid and bb problems too.

all my best.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

sweets07 wrote: also, if you have acid reflux, see if you can get a prescription for prilosec. it helps the acid and bb problems too.
just a word of caution regarding prilosec: there have been studies that indicate that prevacid CAUSES bad breath. and prilosec is the same class of drug. my personal experience with prevacid was that i'd get MORE sour breath on it, so i stopped taking it.

don't know if that'd apply to everyone, but i thought i'd share that.
Total Newbie

Post by newbie »

thank you so much for your support sweets, i really appreciate it really haven't been able to talk to anyone about this..but im pretty sure its pnd because when the feeling of having something stuck in my throat is gone my bb is gone also soo i just have to work on getting rid of the pnd and i hope and pray that is the answer.
spygirl
Junior

Post by spygirl »

Newbie I totally understand your feelings.

My BB started 6 years ago. I don't even know whether this is mild enough to call BB. I can command people to cover their noses by just entering the room. People sitting beside and in front of me in the plane would normally vacate their seats in a span of 20 minutes. So let's not get to their reaction when I open my mouth to speak.

This is not body odor. This is BB from my mouth and nasal area. CT scan shows a small amount of mucous in one of my middle sinuses that can be cause by a simple allergy. I have this allergy since young but did not smell until 6 years ago. The doctor says this might be due to bacteria in my sinuses. And he also told me that there is a little that I may smell like this for lifetime!!!!

I have also had a gastric scope but it was clean.

I have two degrees but could not pass any third-level interview. I quit my last job because I can't stand people making a joke about my horrible smell in the toilet (while I was tucked inside the cubicle).

I am also married with 2 kids and my BB has been destroying my intimacy with my husband.

Sometimes I do not want to be with my loved ones or friends anymore. I put them in a very awkward situation. I can see that they struggle not to cover my nose too often in fear of embarrassing me.

I have developed paranoia. Sometimes I am scared to breathe when in a close room with people, or in trains or even in the car with my family. And my BB has never ceased to disappoint me. There are times that I want to cry due different emotions even in public, specially when people start covering their noses and start looking at me. And there are times that I just want the ground to swallow me.

The anonymity in this website is great. The only person who knows about my feelings is my husband.
nelly

Post by nelly »

spygirl wrote:"I have developed paranoia. Sometimes I am scared to breathe when in a close room with people, or in trains or even in the car with my family."
I can almost stop breathing when im around people. I think its causing extra anxiety. There are ways of breathingmeditation, to help one to relax. When I breath weakly, i guess im doing the opposite, whitch causes extra anxiety. Bb is living hell. Ive had it 24/7 for 28 years.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

i also get anxiety.. though i think i've had that problem before i even discovered my bb
saveme

Post by saveme »

This is my first post. I'm so glad I found this site and also to get to learn about the stories of people experiencing the same awkward problem. I see a shadow of myself in all of you who are facing the same problem and I wish that there could be a way out of this. This problem has affected my life significantly and got in the way of relationships. I've zero self-esteem to speak of and everyday, I pray that this nightmare will end. People who are oblivious may think that we sufferers of bb practice poor oral hygiene. But the fact is that we may be more conscious of our oral hygiene than they are. I feel for all of you and I find it so hard to open up and tell anyone about this problem. What do you guys think about having some support group? Just a suggestion. There are days when I just keep thinking about this and how much it has ruined my life. I'm your average, sociable teen but bb has been getting in the way of my relationships and I find it difficult to communicate with people at close range. I feel so helpless and I hate that it is like a 'dirty secret' that people knows and it hurts so bad I can't even tell you enough about the associated problems I face. I wish I could find a soul mate with the same problem so that somebody would understand. But more than ever, I wish that this problem will go away.

I found out online this 'bb report' that claims to work.Does anybody have it?
Total Newbie

Post by newbie »

for spy girl-
do you have pnd or allergies or did this start from a sinus infection?
iwillbecured

Post by iwillbecured »

Spygirl, I also have the same paranoia. I always stop breathing when I get close to people or when I walk by people. Sometimes I hold my breath for so long that I feel like I'm going to pass out. The only person that knows about my feeling is my boyfriend. He doesn't mind my bb and said he can't really smell it. But it still caused some problem for us. He always wanted me to hang out with his friends and family, but I always say no. He finally got mad at me after 1.5 years of not wanting to hang out with his friends. Finally I started going out with him with his friends recently. I always hear comments like "Who farted?" "It smells like poo" "Smells like an ass in here", etc... I'm sure my bf heard the comments too. But he always pretend he didn't hear it. And he would tell me "nobody notice, don't worry". It was really hard and hurtful for me, but I'm sure it was hard for him as well. I'm just very grateful I have someone like him to stand by me. This website is great. At least we can talk freely about our true feeling to each other and we understand each other. We need to be strong and hopefully one day we all will be cured!
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

Iwillbecured, my situation is almost identical to yours. I'm always coming up with excuses to not hangout with my boyfriend's friends and family. It's so so exhausting. We get along so well but this is a topic that always causes us to fight. I've never discussed my bb with him and he's never mentioned to me but we both know it's there. Obviously he loves me enough to overlook it(luckily) but I hate hurting him by refusing to do anything with his friends and family. Like you, I just cannot deal with the comments. If I didn't have this issue, things would be so different.
saveme

Post by saveme »

It is heartwarming to hear of your boyfriends' acceptance and in a way, I envy you guys. I don't have the courage to get into a relationship and when I do meet someone new or just have someone there for me, I always keep a distance and I don't mean just physically but also emotionally because I know I can never commit myself to a relationship and it hurts to know that no matter what, I'll never be with someone I like. Wish we all didn't have to go through this,I wish bb never existed in the world. Maybe if we all pray real hard for Christmas, it might come true. :)
iwillbecured

Post by iwillbecured »

Hopeful~~~~
Yes! Our situation is so similar. I had so many fights with my bf because I kept on refusing to hanging out with his family and friends. I also feel things will be so different if I don't have this bb problem. He has been quite understanding, but I now feel I need to be more understanding about his feeling as well. So now I occassionally (not often, but just a few times) will go out with him to his social functions. I'm always quiet, but smile a lot. When people comment about weird smell, I just keep on telling myself to be strong, and try to have another mint or chew gum. It is hard. But we can't hide forever, right? But luckily, we both have someone who love us despite our condition. ^^

Saveme~~~~
Don't worry. One day you will meet a wonderful guy who will love you for just who you are. To me, BB is like a handicap. It has caused some problems in life. It has made life harder. But we are still who we are inside. Someone will see through and love you for who you are.
Be cheerful. And before your boyfriend comes into your life, we will be here for each other, right? :D
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

This is the problem is really weird. It's just hard to describe. :| Don't think anyone really knows why I keep my mouth shut all the time, except the people here. They know I have bb, but they don't seem to know that I know that I have it.

But why else do you they think we try not to say too much. :roll:

Well it's probably because it's one of the most rare problems ever. The best strategy is indeed not to give a damn what other people think about you. It's the only way to really survive.

But I hate to pretend to be someone I'm not, I suck at acting.I feel like i have like I have 2 or 3 different personalities.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic