Your Email Address:

First Name:

Hormones & BB

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Larc400
God

Hormones & BB

Post by Larc400 »

For most people here, chronic BB kicks in around puberty, so something hormonal seems to happen. Also:
"It is common for women to produce bad breath during their menstrual cycle. Hormonal changes make the gums more hospitable to odor causing bacteria."

http://www.saveyoursmile.com/fb/fbfaq.html
So, for us, it may be that the hormonal change during puberty (men & women) created a permanent hospitable oral environment for these bacteria (we were unlucky, basically).

It would be logical to try and reverse that, by hormonal therapy of some kind. Do we have any hormonal xperts in the house 8) ?

me
Advanced

Post by me »

I sometimes think of hormones as a posibility especially since my bb came out of no where when i was in the middle of my adolecense period, from on day to another i was filling rooms with swer smell.
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

I remember the first time someone commented on my bb was in sixth grade when a boy I liked said "what smells like rotten eggs?" That was 15 years ago!!! This coincided around the same time I had my first period. Hormones are probably involved in my case.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

yeah, me too and most of the members here start developing bb at puberty...

but i don´t know if theres something that we could do....

Do we have some doctor to ask in the name of the babreathhalitosis.com???

maybe this guy Dr. Paster???

I don´t know if any doctor take notice of this important data....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic