Your Email Address:

First Name:

Traditional Chinese Medicine(TCM)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hopeful
Master

Traditional Chinese Medicine(TCM)

Post by hopeful »

Has anyone seen a doctor of TCM before to reduce their bb? Maybe some of the members from Asia? I ask because I went to see one today(actually the guy just worked at the herbs counter) but I guess they can determine your condition based on taking your purse and looking at your tongue. I didn't directly tell him about my bb. I just said that I'm always cold(hands/feet), my hair's been falling out like crazy, that there's always a sour taste in my mouth, and that I believed my body was congested and that my liver wasn't able to do it's job properly cleaning out the toxins. He then put together 7 days worth of herbs for me(you have to boil one package a day and drink it). Each package had 9 or 10 different herbs mixed together. He put it together in front of me based on the symptoms I gave him.

I just boiled my first bowl of "soup" tonight and it tastes like crap...horrible stuff!

j0n1982
Junior

Post by j0n1982 »

My great grandfather was a pure Chinaman ( I don't look like one though. I am Filipino. Not that it matters). Given my Chinese heritage, I don't believe much in any of their traditional methods, practices or beliefs. Perhaps to an extent it helps, but I won't put my faith on it.

Try green tea, I've read it helps with our H. It is relatively afforadable. I won't suggest you put more cash over some other herbs claiming to help.
xoxo
Advanced

Re: Traditional Chinese Medicine(TCM)

Post by xoxo »

hopeful wrote:my hair's been falling out like crazy
Hey oil pulling can reverse that! How do i know? Because i have that problem until recently about 3-4months ago, hair-fall is under control. But results are not immediate i've been doing that for 13 months. Hair is also less dry after starting OPulling.

TCM didn't do anything for me tho.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Interesting, because I mentioned here that my ex coworker had BB. She's Korean, but she also was using some liquid herbal mixture that was dark brown and came in a small clear plastic bag. She was secretive about it. After a few months, her BB was 100% gone.

edit: by the way, she ALWAYS complained of being cold, her hair was all over our office, and she also talked about a sour taste in her mouth. Mainly she said her stomach would hurt in the morning.
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

I remembered your coworker's improvements from another post actually Elliot. The most ironic thing is that I lived in Korea for three years for work and that's where my condition got so bad. I had coworkers that received those brown packages of liquid as gifts and I remember how they used to say that they were very expensive(relative to the size of the small package) and that it was good for your health. I suspect it was some sort of ginseng concoction as it's a huge thing there.

I still keep in touch with some people there. Maybe I should ask them what exactly it was...
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

hopeful:
I think TCM are supposed to release the heat from the liver thus maintaining balance(yin & yang style) but I found it useless in my case. I found that TCM are good for other ailments like hypertension & diarrhea but not with bb.

It would be great if we would know what that Korean tonic is. Thanks in advance.

BTW, I also have a balding problem & found that B vitamins are effective with this problem.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

elliott wrote:Interesting, because I mentioned here that my ex coworker had BB. She's Korean, but she also was using some liquid herbal mixture that was dark brown and came in a small clear plastic bag. She was secretive about it. After a few months, her BB was 100% gone.

edit: by the way, she ALWAYS complained of being cold, her hair was all over our office, and she also talked about a sour taste in her mouth. Mainly she said her stomach would hurt in the morning.
Did you notice a slow improvement on her breath or did she just walked in to the office one day having fresh breath?
Do you have an idea how long she had her bb problem? thanks.
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

I'm getting my friend there to look into it. I'm also going to the Korean grocery store in my city tomorrow to see if they have anything like it. There really isn't too much information on the internet.
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

After a bit of digging, I've found some information about the 'brown liquid' in the packet. This is a quote from another site I posted on.

There are many herbal liquids in a bag.
What I mean by this is that there are many different medicines that are dark brown and come in that packaging.

The general name for it is "han-yak". This basically means "Oriental Medicine", and come in the form of liquids, dark little balls, and also other raw herbs.
Different liquids supposedly do different things, so you'll need some more details on what you want. To give you a better idea, referring it to "a dark brown liquid in a plastic bag" is equivalent to saying "a white pill in a plastic bottle."

I'm not sure where they sell it in Canada, though I've seen it in the U.S. My assumption is that there are Korean distributors in Canada, too. Your best bet is to try to contact the person who first gave it to you and then to go from there(they assumed I was in possession of one).

Now, as to whether this stuff works or not... it's a toss up.
I think as an herbal supplement, some may be beneficial. But I'm not sure if they are the "cure-all" as some Koreans may claim. Either way, your mileage may vary. Good luck.

Here's another quote from another person.

you can go to an oriental doctor, have them diagnose you, and they will brew the stuff for you and put it in the plastic baggies. go to your nearest koreatown in canada, and look for "한의원"/한의사".

don't ask what the ingredients are.

usually, the treatment lasts a month (one plastic baggie in the morning, one plastic baggie at night). it cost me about $350 in the states, but in korea it's about 1/3 that.

it works, to some degree. tastes quite awful.

---------------------------------------------
So for those of you who have access to a Koreatown, this is something to look into. At this point, I'm willing to try anything.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

jc wrote:
elliott wrote:Interesting, because I mentioned here that my ex coworker had BB. She's Korean, but she also was using some liquid herbal mixture that was dark brown and came in a small clear plastic bag. She was secretive about it. After a few months, her BB was 100% gone.

Did you notice a slow improvement on her breath or did she just walked in to the office one day having fresh breath?
Do you have an idea how long she had her bb problem? thanks.
It was a slow subtle improvement over time. Most noticeably, the strong stench in the morning was eliminated, and after time, she was completely odorless.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

hopeful:
=D> =D>

There are a lot of Korean establishments where I live so I`d definitely ask around if the oregano fails. Right now, I`m having a slow subtle improvement just like Elliot`s co-worker so I was wondering if we will have the same result.
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

I've been drinking my brown "soup" for the past two weeks. Haven't noticed any differences. I just contacted my friend in Seoul and she's going to take my symptoms to a oriental doctor there and get him to put together a remedy for me. They'll boil the herbs over there and put them into packets for me. She said her boyfriend(he's Korean, she's white) sent a box of it to her parents in Canada(where I'm) for Christmas and it was quite pricey for the liquid and the shipping but I think it's worth a try.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Hi hopeful,
I`m really in dire need for a cure right now so I`m thinking of trying that korean product as well. I hope it`s not too expensive cuz I`ll probably need 3-6month supply of that. Please update us how much it will cost. There`s a small korean community here where I live so maybe someone`s selling that in here too. I`ve seen korean women drink that a lot so it must really be available here.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

haha, yes I remember my coworker telling me how "expensive" and special that stuff was. I don't know of anyway to get my hands on it, it's not like they'll mass produce it.

Hopeful, hang in there, and try not to over analyze it. Let it do the job, and stay stress free about it. See how you feel in a month.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

elliott wrote:haha, yes I remember my coworker telling me how "expensive" and special that stuff was. I don't know of anyway to get my hands on it, it's not like they'll mass produce it.

Hopeful, hang in there, and try not to over analyze it. Let it do the job, and stay stress free about it. See how you feel in a month.
Do you remember if she continued to drink the stuff after she was cured?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic