THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Search found 35 matches

by bbforyears
Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:04 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: NEW ON Bile reflux:
Replies: 9
Views: 9722

Wynasha,

Yep, our problems seem to be identical. I also "bombed" my gastric emptying test. I passed the liquids (water) but the eggs only partially left my stomach in the allotted 90 minutes. I bet your doctor will suggest you try Reglan....as my doctor did for me.

Oh, by the way, I am scheduled ...
by bbforyears
Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:24 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: NEW ON Bile reflux:
Replies: 9
Views: 9722

Hi Wynasha,

I'm so happy you found a GI doctor that is willing to help! Before the Carafate I felt like my entire body was "toxic", most especially my mouth... I didn't have BO either but I did notice that things I ate affected the way I perceived my own "smell". I think you really may have Bile ...
by bbforyears
Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:41 am
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Impedence testing
Replies: 26
Views: 7820

Oh, Elliott...I am so frustrated for you! At least in my case they KNOW I reflux....they just don't know why! I am almost positive you have some sort of reflux too and I agree that the tests don't always show it.

I don't have a hiatal hernia and my manometry showed my pressures on the low end of ...
by bbforyears
Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:37 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Impedence testing
Replies: 26
Views: 7820

Thanks for the suggestion, JC. I believe that is the Bravo test, but I might be wrong.

Iva, you are my inspiration. I have read your posts from this site and from an acid reflux forum. You're actually the one (although you didn't know it) who made me press my doctor about the possibility of bile ...
by bbforyears
Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:45 am
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: I might be able to help some of you
Replies: 60
Views: 30151

Sorethroat,

Just wondering if you've noticed any changes being on the ppi??
by bbforyears
Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:40 am
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Impedence testing
Replies: 26
Views: 7820

Hi Iva!

I was so happy to see you on.....

I know I have a bit of a problem with constipation now but I never had it at all before the meds. I was literally running to the bathroom right after eating before. One of the side effects of Carafate is constipation. I would think that eliminating acid in ...
by bbforyears
Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:56 am
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Impedence testing
Replies: 26
Views: 7820

Elliott,

Please do keep us posted on your test results. Did the tech mention anything to you about your pressures? Sometimes they will tell you something, sometimes they won't.

I know what you mean about the probe and manometry. They did the manometry first and I thought I was going to puke. It ...
by bbforyears
Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:51 am
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: I might be able to help some of you
Replies: 60
Views: 30151

Dear Lilli,

I know it sounds so strange that one could have bile reflux. I was convinced for years that my bb was from some rare type of bacteria in my mouth. I did have stomach problems after removing the gallbladder but I had the bb for several years prior without stomach problems. Removing the ...
by bbforyears
Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:25 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Impedence testing
Replies: 26
Views: 7820

Oh and by the way, Elliott--you can see bile on an endoscopy. I am not saying that you can't have bile reflux if it doesn't show up on there.....but in my case (and apparently Iva's) bile was clearly seen.
by bbforyears
Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:24 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Impedence testing
Replies: 26
Views: 7820

OMG Elliott--

I am so freaking out right now! Thank you for that post!

I have had other "strange" symptoms unrelated to my bb and I think you might have just explained it for me. I was up all night researching B-12 deficiency.

Some of my other strange symptoms that have somewhat improved on ...
by bbforyears
Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:52 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: I might be able to help some of you
Replies: 60
Views: 30151

KeepTrying,

I am somewhat challenged in figuring out how to use my scanner.. :(

I will ask my bf if he can help me scan my photos into my computer so I can upload them to this site. I would really like to show everyone the before and after pictures.

I am somewhat disappointed that my new ...
by bbforyears
Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:42 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: I might be able to help some of you
Replies: 60
Views: 30151

Mindy,

Oh, I am so happy that your doctor seems so compassionate and caring! I hope the endoscopy shows something...but if it doesn't the impedance test surely will if this is your problem.

I had my gallbladder removed so my body now constantly releases bile. In persons who still have their ...
by bbforyears
Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:00 am
Forum: MY STORY
Topic: My bad breath was from my esophagus (throat), not my mouth..
Replies: 148
Views: 101583

KeepTrying,

Hi. Wow, that was awesome of you to post your pics...Unbelievable! Congrats on finally ending your nightmare!

I have one question for you tho-- I noticed you mention people telling you that you have bb.....did you smell this or taste this yourself?

I had the opposite problem...I ...
by bbforyears
Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:08 am
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Impedence testing
Replies: 26
Views: 7820

Elliott-- please do keep us posted on what your results are.

When are you planning on having this test done?
by bbforyears
Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:03 am
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: I might be able to help some of you
Replies: 60
Views: 30151

Hi Mindy,

First of all I would definitely recommend the endoscopy. In addition to any damage from the acid this would tell them if you have bile in your stomach and/or esophagus.

There is also a test which is a catch all for all types of reflux. It is a 24 hour impedance test which measures both ...
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗