THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Search found 222 matches

by hope4now
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:53 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Drinking baking soda and water seems to be helping
Replies: 3
Views: 2875
Gender:

Re: Drinking baking soda and water seems to be helping


Please be careful. Drinking water with baking soda in the long run may cause side effecs to your body (hypokalemia, etc). Just felt the need to warn others to take the time to research any possible side effects of whatever solution/supplement/surgery/methods you want to try.


Yes, always be on ...
by hope4now
Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:35 am
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Drinking baking soda and water seems to be helping
Replies: 3
Views: 2875
Gender:

Drinking baking soda and water seems to be helping

I recently saw a video interview of a 100 year old woman who said her family survived the 1918 flu epidemic by drinking 1/2 tsp of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) in a glass of water every morning. Given the corona virus hysteria, I thought I'd try it as a preventative. I've tried BS as a rinse ...
by hope4now
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:54 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Sodium Percarbonate in waterpik is helping
Replies: 13
Views: 6106
Gender:

Re: Sodium Percarbonate in waterpik is helping

Had to quit the SPC/H2O2 in the waterpik. There's no question it is causing tooth decay around the gum line. Not sure why it has that effect. Maybe it weakens the the dentin somehow. My dentist bills are through the roof.

I've gone back to sea salt and baking soda. It's not as effective at stopping ...
by hope4now
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:33 am
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Sodium Percarbonate in waterpik is helping
Replies: 13
Views: 6106
Gender:

Re: Sodium Percarbonate in waterpik is helping


you should never have mercury fillings in your teeth at first place


I had mine done as a kid; had no say in the matter. Then they were replaced with gold crowns which absorbed mercury from the remaining fillings. All of this happened long before I or my parents knew how bad mercury was for the ...
by hope4now
Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Sodium Percarbonate in waterpik is helping
Replies: 13
Views: 6106
Gender:

Re: Sodium Percarbonate in waterpik is helping


I use peroxide now for 15 years I think....and have no gingivitis.....I use it with the mix of baking soda and peroxide

with peroxide you are in fact disinfecting bacteria....which is causing gingivitis.....
i think peroxide is just a natural substance not harmful to humans....


I agree that ...
by hope4now
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:59 am
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Sodium Percarbonate in waterpik is helping
Replies: 13
Views: 6106
Gender:

Re: Sodium Percarbonate in waterpik is helping


I use peroxide now for 15 years I think....and have no gingivitis.....I use it with the mix of baking soda and peroxide

with peroxide you are in fact disinfecting bacteria....which is causing gingivitis.....
i think peroxide is just a natural substance not harmful to humans....


Do you use it ...
by hope4now
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:27 am
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Sodium Percarbonate in waterpik is helping
Replies: 13
Views: 6106
Gender:

Re: Sodium Percarbonate in waterpik is helping

Update: I've stopped SPC in the waterpik since it continued to cause tooth decay around the gum line. I've also read that hydrogen peroxide (active ingredient in SPC) is bad to use long term in the mouth. It is linked to gingival inflammation and possibly cancer.

Lately I've been using sea salt ...
by hope4now
Sun May 20, 2018 8:19 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Sodium Percarbonate in waterpik is helping
Replies: 13
Views: 6106
Gender:

Re: Sodium Percarbonate in waterpik is helping

I quit using SPC for a few months, and the bb came back. Flossing around some teeth picked up the smell again. I started tasting it in my throat as well. My gums are the definitely the source of my bb. When I had my teeth cleaned the hygienist gave me mouthwash before she started, and that was right ...
by hope4now
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:34 am
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Sodium Percarbonate in waterpik is helping
Replies: 13
Views: 6106
Gender:

Re: Sodium Percarbonate in waterpik is helping

I'm starting to see some tooth decay at the gum line, so maybe this stuff has some side effects after all. I may have to cut back to once a week. I'll see what the dentist says at my next checkup in January.
by hope4now
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:54 am
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Sodium Percarbonate in waterpik is helping
Replies: 13
Views: 6106
Gender:

Re: Sodium Percarbonate in waterpik is helping

whats is wrong with your gumline, what has the dentist told you about your gums?
I get cleanings every 6 months. The hygienist says there's some gingivitis but not serious gum disease (periodontitis).

That's where the bb germs seem to hang out if I don't use the waterpik with SPC.
by hope4now
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:04 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Sodium Percarbonate in waterpik is helping
Replies: 13
Views: 6106
Gender:

Sodium Percarbonate in waterpik is helping

Haven't posted in awhile; here's an update that I hope will help some people.

I've been putting a small amount (< 1/8 tsp) of sodium percarbonate (SPC) in my oral irrigator (waterpik) each morning. SPC is the active ingredient in OxyClean laundry additives. Most grocery stores have the generic ...
by hope4now
Sat May 28, 2016 1:20 am
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Chlorine Bleach, diluted with water, as mouthwash (start with only few drops!!!)
Replies: 365
Views: 273098
Gender:

I used chlorine dioxide rinses for a number of years. I only used the rinse once a day and never swallowed it, but it caused a very bad side effect: hardening/thinning of the skin on some of my fingers. The skin would constantly crack and bleed because it was hard and not flexible. I had to carry a ...
by hope4now
Fri May 27, 2016 1:54 am
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Chlorine Bleach, diluted with water, as mouthwash (start with only few drops!!!)
Replies: 365
Views: 273098
Gender:

I used chlorine dioxide rinses for a number of years. I only used the rinse once a day and never swallowed it, but it caused a very bad side effect: hardening/thinning of the skin on some of my fingers. The skin would constantly crack and bleed because it was hard and not flexible. I had to carry a ...
by hope4now
Sun May 22, 2016 12:35 am
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Periogen Tartar Dissolving Rinse.
Replies: 13
Views: 7680
Gender:

I did some research on Periogen. The active ingredient that removes tartar is sodium tripolyphosphate (STPP). It's very cheap to buy food grade STPP from ebay. I ordered 1kg for around $15. I mixed a small amount (1/8 tsp or less) in 2 cups of warm salt water and used it in the water pik. It ...
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗