THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

HALITOFOBIA- WHAT A BULLSHIT

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sweets07
Advanced
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:53 am

Post by sweets07 »

Busted wrote:It doesn't work like that man. Even if you did ask them to be honest, there is a big chance that they will not be, because they don't want to hurt your feelings.
trust me i'm aware of that. that's why you have to know how to ask people and never ask people who are people pleasers. the people i ask are people are open and honest with their response. i read thru bs very easily, and i've never asked someone that is likely to try and protect my feelings. you have to know the people you ask like the back of your hand.
Busted
God
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Busted »

sweets07 wrote:
Busted wrote:It doesn't work like that man. Even if you did ask them to be honest, there is a big chance that they will not be, because they don't want to hurt your feelings.
trust me i'm aware of that. that's why you have to know how to ask people and never ask people who are people pleasers. the people i ask are people are open and honest with their response. i read thru bs very easily, and i've never asked someone that is likely to try and protect my feelings. you have to know the people you ask like the back of your hand.
Yes, glad you're aware of it. Another thing is that they don't see it as such a big deal. So most of the time they just give an answer is easiest for them, which is no.
Susie
Sheriff
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:09 pm

Post by Susie »

Jimi wrote:Wow

I am so happy, I just aksed my parents about bad breath and they say that I never had bad brath in my life. And I was thinking I had bad breath for 15 years. Wow.

I am cured. Well I do not need this website anymore, if my parents tell me I do not have bad breath I do not have it.

Btw I will shut down the site, why the ***k should we have a site like that if we are all halitophobic.

Better just order one huge package of "snake cure" from Rosie himself just in case. At least for morning breath. And give a oceanside a percentage for revealing the thruth to me - That I am a halitophobic!!

In one week there is going to be a store here with ROsie the monkey and Oceanside the Pokerino to sell Snake oil just in case for all you halitophobics.

p.s. SOmebody please remove the bandage floss from John eyes - He is ****ing blind!!
LOL Guess you were just joking!

Bye,
Susie
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

Yes of course I was joking, Sadly John completely turned his back in some ways, I had him for the second man of this site and than he turns and have private conversations with Mel "the monkey" Rosenberg who is just claiming that probably everbody here has halitophobia But Rosenberg claims himself had a bad breath - maye he is halitophobic.

We can see tosenberg is a liar, he claims he could not post on Yahoo boards and he posted on our site only because htere was a monkey on the first page and after i reomoved it he never posted it again. SO apparently he has problems posting on yahoo boards and our site that poor man.

And John suddenly is preaching about halitophobia and stuff. We suffered a lot in our lives and we do not need sombody who claims we have halitophobia. That is an insult and a tool for Halitomafia to sell its snakeoil. Because that snakeoil is definately a cure and if it does not work then we are halitophobic.
oceanside
Master
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:45 am

Post by oceanside »

Dear Members,

For the sake of discussion, brain storming, critical analysis, and important issue to talk about, I would like to ask permission to talk about a very difficult topic that many of us become defensive and angry over.

Jimi, please don’t get angry as I only want all of us to think about this disorder and leave nothing unspoken, undiscovered. Talk about one component of this disorder to find every pieces of the puzzle so someday we may have a clearer picture.

First of all, please keep this in mind that after reading this post it may cause many of you to become upset, or it may challenge you to think outside of the box with clarity.

The mind is a powerful thing. It can cause you to believe or not believe in something that may or may not exist. The old adage/saying, “seeing is believing” is NOT always accurate. Seeing is not always believing. Perception is reality. Sometimes what the minds thinks and believe is that person’s reality.

For example, someone who struggles with anorexia can’t be convinced that they’re underweight, bone and skin, and dying. With their own eyes, looking at themselves in the mirror, they see an overweight, even obese/fat person. No matter how hard you try to convince that person that they are NOT fat, they just can’t accept that they are sick and food is not the enemy. It’s more complicating than that because it has to do with trauma, or sexual abuse/trauma, self-esteem issues, and self-worth, but for this example I’m using this analogy. So, seeing is NOT believing.

You can’t convince a person who hallucinates, see people that are not there, or hearing voices that are unseen, which merely exists in their minds they’re not there. No, the voices are real to them; the things they see are real to them. It’s their perception, their reality. Of course, this mental health disorder is more complicating than we care to know, but my point is that the mind is a powerful thing.

Many of us whom suffer from halitosis, like I did, have a poor self image. My mind told me that, “I am dirty because of bad breath”, “I am afraid to speak out loud”, “ashamed of who I am”, “I am less of a person because of this disorder”, ect, ect, ect, You know exactly what I am talking about. You have formed your own perception of your reality, your truths and your lies, your self image and your world.

The worst part of this problem is that we are terrified of sharing the problem with others, pouring our hearts out to someone who can sympathize with our pains and anguish and someone who may possible hold the key to our freedom. We trap ourselves in our own box, our own little world, afraid to go on dates, ashamed to be among others in close proximity. We suffer from depression, anger, and hopelessness as the result of our perception of who we are. That’s a fact.

NOT all of us are in this boat, consider yourself lucky, but the vast majority of the members are dealing with this without hope and help.

I believe the only way we will ever find healing is talking about our problems in a safe, supportive, understanding, and respectful manner.

Here’s an interesting piece of information, Dr. Rosenberg shared with me in our telephone conversation. He has worked with many people with halitosis whom had a relative, a parent, a close family member with bad breath. Also, he said that they also experienced a period in their lives as a kid where they were teased, ridicule, and shamed by other kids due to bad breath.

Somehow, these two events caused these sufferers to go through “trauma” in their lives. They begin to chronically obsess over bad breath, which all of us do, they begin to perceive that their breath was bad chronically. WOW! When I heard that it was nothing short of a revelation.

I knew I had bad breath as a boy because three of my childhood friends called me by the name “stinkbreath”. They teased me and made fun of me almost on a regular basis. My mother also suffered from a brief period of bad breath. It was very bad.

Also, throughout my teenage years and even early adults, friends had made comments about my bad breath. When they made comments about it I immediately shut down, silenced by shame, and sank into depression.

I didn’t have the courage to ask, “How bad was it?” Or asked, was it bad all the times, or during certain time of the day? I was too humiliated to stand up for myself. In fact, I was too ashamed to engage myself to finding the truth about my breath condition.

What would happened if I took a trip back into time where those shameful events took place, rather than shutting down in shame and embarrassment, I merely played it off like it was nothing and asked that person whom made the remark concerning my breath how bad was it? If that person had told me it was maybe a 3 out of 5 level, I at lease had some knowledge of my disorder instead of remaining in complete darkness.

Recently, I’ve spoken on a regular basis with my niece and my best friend about my bad breath. My best friend told me that perhaps as a boy I had bad breath but it improved with time and with proper tongue cleaning because back then there were no internet to share ideals and knowledge. She said that my breath has improved tremendously since I stopped abusing mouthwash 4 times a day.

My point is this: what if all these years my mind told me that I had the worst sank breath in the world and the perception of my reality validates this belief. Wow! That would be a tragedy to had missed out on life because of trauma experienced as a boy in the hands of kids whom called me by “stinkbreath” and believing that my mother past on halitosis to me.
I am being as honest, courageous, and vulnerable as I possibly can for the sake of my search for a cure/healing. My intention by bringing this up is to hopefully help one or two members that may had gone through similar things as I had. Please share your experience, feedbacks, and input as respectfully as you can so we avoid another argument, in house fighting, and misunderstanding.

JOHN
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

I have traumas because of Bad Brath in my childhood also, but I was different. My BB came from my tooth and after it was removed my bb was gone. But memories still remained for ever. But children in school were ****ing mean and I still have traumatic memories of that time.

And I think that BB really appearded few years later also because of that traumas and this time the reason was not in teeth, but somewhere else

Mind can afect our body a ot, but we can not do anything.

I mean if somebody looks at you hatefull and cough and holds his nose liek he want s to beat you up for sure you are tense all the time.

I mean most of the people react with fear when they see other people hatred and dusgust.
THere is no way somebody would react calm to such people.

A while ago a was in a bar and I drank som wine and talked freely, I said why to care, and somebody threw somethind in my directions and ran away. It almost hit me in the head.

People just react hatefully when we open our mouth, they are disgusted and want to just get away asap. I understand, last week I smelled somebody breath, it was really not strong, only a little but I almost puked.

I understand people reactions, it must be horrible for them .

But I don't know what you mean to say. That we should live in denial, that we shold puch our feeling down.

I am for getting the felings out, by talking to a therapist, but wtf should we live in ****ing unreal situations.

That is running away from reality. People hate us, can't stand us usually and what do you want that we do? That we should talk to everybody about our condition, it will be even worse.

I would like to know if any chick would like to date somebody with bb when she mets him and he tell her he has chronic bb.

No way that will happen, I mean you can open your heart later to her and she will probably accept it and live with it.

I think that Rosie has chronic bb and he can barely keep it under control with different chemicals.

Just talk your feelings out not live in denial and lie. That is behavioral therapy and it sucks.
oceanside
Master
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:45 am

Post by oceanside »

Jimi wrote:I have traumas because of Bad Brath in my childhood also,

But I don't know what you mean to say. That we should live in denial, that we shold puch our feeling down.

I am for getting the felings out, by talking to a therapist, but wtf should we live in ****ing unreal situations.

That is running away from reality. People hate us, can't stand us usually and what do you want that we do? That we should talk to everybody about our condition, it will be even worse.

.
Jimi,

What I am asking is exactly what you are doing in your reply; be honest, open, and comfortable with everyone. We will Never judge each other, tease one others, put each others down because we know how it feels to cry in pain and shame because of this disorder.

We just want to be able to tell the truth how we feel about our lives and not be judge by others. We just want to be able to say how we feel without being afraid others will laugh or imtimidate us. We want to feel supported, accepted, and cared about. That's the truth!

Don't let hatred and bitterness rob you of your dignity, Jimi. YOU are much more of a man than this problem.

Be strong, Jimi, don't let hatred rob you of the joy of life. Yor are very angry, termented, and utterly defeated. I hope it's safe to say many of us feel this way.

We will get through this together. All of us. I beleive, I believe.

You will tease the joy of life instead of bitterness and dispair.

JOHN
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

At the point, I'm good enough to accurately gauge on a 1 to 5 scale of how bad my breath is by a combination of tests.

-feeling of throat
-severity of BB in morning before brushing teeth, etc.
-severity of reactions from people (I have it to a science)
-lick wrist test... sometimes bad smell, sometimes ok... depending.
-whiteness of tongue
-taste of burps
-salt water rinse... how strong is the mucous taste when I rinse with salt. It varies.

None of these things will give an accurate analysis alone, but they are all 'factors' for me, to help know how pronounced my situation is at any given time. There is no question that simply asking someone to gauge your breath would be best... but I honestly don't have anyone to ask. Until then, I can only work at "feeling" better, and continuing to get the above 'factors' to pass my test on a regular basis. (if that makes any sense)

Of course, I will say again, just because your mouth feels clean doesn't mean your breath doesn't stink... so I definately keep that in mind. At the very least, when your mouth feels clean, your confidence IS better. It's got to be a good thing when the mouth feels clean and fresh, and a step in the right direction.

Lastly, I will never truly believe in this halitophobia. Most of us are intelligent enough to understand that we really do have BB. It's more about knowing how severe it is on any given day... on some days maybe we tend to exagerrate or be melodramatic, but no honest person is going to fake this type of problem for years and years. Those people wouldn't have made it as far as to register for this site.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

exactly Elliot

halitophobia my ass, why would a person made it up, even if he smells ocassionally he does not have halitophobia

this Rosie monkey is just idiotizing us. I think we should just ignore idiots like that

i have never met a person who is halitophobic and does not he bb

i men it is possible, but probably really rare, and I am sad that Oceanside is preaching us about halitophobia

](*,)
oceanside
Master
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:45 am

Post by oceanside »

Thank you, Elliot.

You brought up many interesting points. I am NOT "preaching" halitophobic. That sounds rather judgmental. Rather I am trying to engage in an open-minded talk about the nature of this disorder.

Here's my point. Every illness, disorder, diseases, affects the body (physical suffering) but it has an even more dramatic affect on the MIND. One whom physically suffers from an illness/disorder also suffers from its demoralizing affects on the mind. Depression, anger, ect, ect. Yes, members suffer from bad breath (physical manifestation), but even more damaging is the effects of the (emotional and pschological).

We focus so much on trying to find a "cure" but we get angry when an expert, Dr. Rosenberg, talked about the effect on the mind due to halitosis.

I feel that "we" misunderstood the message. Completely misunderstood what halitophobic means. It's doesn't mean that it's all in our head and that we don't have chronic bad breath. It's means how this disorder consums the mind 24/7. We are so afraid of bad breath that it takes over our daily activities, our daily lives and interations with other. It defines our existence. Now if that doesn't sound like it has anything to do our the minds than I think we completely missed the boat.

The worst thing about the effects on the mind is that, according to a few comments I've read, "I rather die, commit s*****e", than to have to talk to someone, seeking help from someone about this problem and have to live with it.

Obsession can and will lead a person to become irrational, traped in a box. I merely want us to talk about this problem, think about it from every angle so we may understand.

I appreciate your willingness to talk to me about this issue.

JOHN
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

Really r u sure

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entre ... stractPlus

Both pseudo-halitosis and halitophobia patients complain of the existence of halitosis, which is not offensive.

Pseudo-halitosis cannot be treated by dental practitioners, and halitophobia patients must be referred to psychological specialists.





And that Rosenberg the Ape is claiming we are all nuts.
If he tries to say that we overobsess with halitosis, another term should be used and not HALITOPHOBIA

And you John should also use another term.
ROSIE is saying we do not have halitosis if we are halitophobic and it is just in our minds. This is a ****ing insult and if you can not see that - well open your eyes for god sake.

And stop referring to Rosenberg with his normal name, His new name is ROSIE THE MONKEY

I so hate people like that who claims you have halitophobia and at the same time you can see their disgust and that they want to get rid of you. But Rosie the Aper will also sell you some snake oil before that so he can still support his awfull music playing.
I have just heard that he has sold his first cd, after it was out for few years.

We should publiscly humiliate such people that mocks us. Live in reality not in ****ing illusions. I rather know that i have severe halitosis that smell really bad that to live in guessing if I really have halitosis.

I hate somebody lying to me all the time and have me for a fool.
KC
Junior
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:15 am

Post by KC »

I have just heard that he has sold his first cd, after it was out for few years. <----Waha hahahahaha, can't stop laughing, hahahaha

OK, seems the definition of halitophobia has changed by Dr. Rosenberg again. The original meaning of halitophobia is doctors can't smell us so they think its all in our head. Now it changes to we obsessed too much about this problem. hmm....interesting. I agree we shouldn't obsess to find the cure. But if some scientists are not capable to find out what happen to us and then conclude its all in our head, pls pls pls go away. Don't try to apply your so called reasonable theory to us or brainwash us. That's useless. Coz we are the real people facing this ****ing trouble illness everyday.
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

Jimi wrote:I know I ate some nasty food like pizza for few days and feel bb is stronger.
yeah tell me about it. How about Goodfoodophobia? Eat one only pepperoni, one bite of pizza and suffer for a week with rancid breath!

How can one not obsess with a problem like halitosis? It is something that has to consume your mind 24/7, if you are to experience any sort of relief! Every decision we make is based around out BB. What time I wake up, what I eat, what I drink, how I breathe, who I talk to, where I go... life is all about having a sense of relief.

Even if I wanted to relax, forget about it for a few days... I can't. No one else will. I have to work, and talk to people who react in disgust everyday. People don't just see you as having BB, they see you as a dirty loser... check out the reactions of people that you talk to everyday, people that you work with. They treat you like you sre subhuman. Like a monster.

You can't just put BB aside and pretend that life is milk and honey. That dark cloud is always there, ruining every single moment of life. It is a tricky problem and cannot really be compared to other diseases as apples to apples.
Larc400
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Larc400 »

Jimi wrote: We are the only site that is still left here. That Laura just crazily shut the yahoo board like that.
Does anybody know the story behind her shutting the Yahoo board down? I haven't been on there for ages and suddenly it's just gone :roll:
Drala
Total Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:46 pm

Post by Drala »

Hello.

I think I'm really suffering from halitosfobia.

People have nevered said anything about my breath, they've never offered me gum etc. And I always speak close to them. Sounds good doesnt it? Still I think my breath smells, its weird. I've asked like 5 friends and they said "Are you serious? No." like that. And also my family members each day and they say they can only feel a good breath.

So what shall I do? To avoid these stupid thoughts?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗