THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
HALITOFOBIA- WHAT A BULLSHIT
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
Drala wrote:I think I have it.Jimi wrote:I have just one question for you, would you prefer to really have it or just think you have it?
Usually negative thinking might get true, so be careful not ending really with bad breath.
What? It's not like my thoughts can change my breath? How is that possible?
don't be so sure .. it's called stress and might even have to do with visualization..
have you heard about girls who have thought they were pregnant, and eventuially began showing signs of pregnancy when they actually weren't?
Sometimes I feel that this is what caused my shit breath.. I came to the site concerned about my tonsil stones and the kind of breath associated with that.. now a year later, i can smell shit coming out of my nose and I have diahreeah everytime i wake up in the morning .. wtf happened >.<
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
Have you been checked for SIBO & gut dysbiosis,Mike987?
Diarrhea`s one of the symptoms of these ailments.
You mentioned once that you`re eating yogurt so the LBM might just be a mild reaction from it.I also had mild bouts of LBM when I`m eating yogurt.
Diarrhea`s one of the symptoms of these ailments.
You mentioned once that you`re eating yogurt so the LBM might just be a mild reaction from it.I also had mild bouts of LBM when I`m eating yogurt.
Last edited by jc on Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Give me 7 reasons why you think you have BB. If you can't give 7 reasons, yes... you are a halitophobic.Drala wrote:Hello.
I think I'm really suffering from halitosfobia.
People have nevered said anything about my breath, they've never offered me gum etc. And I always speak close to them. Sounds good doesnt it? Still I think my breath smells, its weird. I've asked like 5 friends and they said "Are you serious? No." like that. And also my family members each day and they say they can only feel a good breath.
So what shall I do? To avoid these stupid thoughts?
Hm. Well in the back of my tounge It's white crap. And I got a friend that's picks his noise everytime I talk to him. But I can see that he does it when he talkes to others that dont have bad breath.elliott wrote:Give me 7 reasons why you think you have BB. If you can't give 7 reasons, yes... you are a halitophobic.Drala wrote:Hello.
I think I'm really suffering from halitosfobia.
People have nevered said anything about my breath, they've never offered me gum etc. And I always speak close to them. Sounds good doesnt it? Still I think my breath smells, its weird. I've asked like 5 friends and they said "Are you serious? No." like that. And also my family members each day and they say they can only feel a good breath.
So what shall I do? To avoid these stupid thoughts?
Oh, and my familymembers got bad breath. But that maybe cuz they haven't been to the dentists in like 14 years hehe.
Thats about it.
If you think you have H phobia then I'd be extremely happy about that. You know, but you choose to make your self suffer. What I would is go out and be happy about myself.
I like to think I am H phobic sometimes, and I forget I actually have it, talk right in front of peoples faces, however after seeing disgusted faces and blunt comments about how my breath smells like $hit.. I immediately snap out of it, go back to my stinky little shell again, walk away like a crying little girl (inside of course), hope that someday I get cured..
Such is the cycle of my lousy life...
I like to think I am H phobic sometimes, and I forget I actually have it, talk right in front of peoples faces, however after seeing disgusted faces and blunt comments about how my breath smells like $hit.. I immediately snap out of it, go back to my stinky little shell again, walk away like a crying little girl (inside of course), hope that someday I get cured..
Such is the cycle of my lousy life...
I have a similar issue. No one told me about bad breath in years after I cured two pulpites (or even worse), which were severely decayed teeth that secreted pus, about 10 years ago. I had been so afraid of visiting a dentist that I preferred to live with bad breath, even though I knew I had bb (from different comments).Drala wrote:Hello.
I think I'm really suffering from halitosfobia.
People have nevered said anything about my breath, they've never offered me gum etc. And I always speak close to them. Sounds good doesnt it? Still I think my breath smells, its weird. I've asked like 5 friends and they said "Are you serious? No." like that. And also my family members each day and they say they can only feel a good breath.
So what shall I do? To avoid these stupid thoughts?
After that I also started buying an oxygen paste & rinse on a regular basis, because I hadn't still been confident in my breath. And after that, it seems I did become confident, I had several girlfriends, went places and so on. And yet, I developed such a reflex that I almost never spoke directly in one's face, which was making people wondering why I prefer to speak to them in such a manner like I was speaking to someone else sideways to them.
Now, I developed some caries on a tooth or even two, and suddenly became so obsessed about my bb (like a couple of days ago), that even my fear of dentists has gone away. I think it's connected to my past memory of association of bb comments and decaying teeth. I also seem to have some dental deposits on my back teeth because I had been so afraid of cleaning them properly as to not to tear away my fillings (due to fear of dentists), which I need to get rid of as soon as possible.
I've booked appointments with two dentists (to make sure I get there ASAP) for a checkup. To restore my confidence, I need to:
1. Treat my caries, which I don't think to be much afraid of anymore;
2. Do professional cleansing of my mouth;
3. Ask a dentist to evaluate my breath with a halitometer;
4. Keep using tongue cleaner and non-alcohol rinse.
I can't list 7 reasons for why I think I may have bb. I can't even say if I do have. But my fear of having it has impacted my life to a certain degree. And I'm going to deal with this issue as soon as I can. I don't actually understand why I haven't been visiting dentists for regular checkups and cleanings, and why I became so conscious so suddenly. Maybe that's due to my exercises on improving self-love.
But I can confidently say that my fear of the possibility of having a bb is coming from my childhood, like some other serious issues that I've had with my perception of the world.
I spoke with a friend of mine (she's a female) today to ask for a recommendation of a dentist, and I told her how obsessed about caries (I didn't say anything about bb) I recently became, that I was learning about the issue of caries till 5:30 am last night. But she laughed and said that I need a psychiatrist, not a dentist. I also met with a psychologist (regarding other issues) today, and told him about my obsession about caries (decaying teeth), and he didn't say anything about bb, but I kept talking with him directing my face at somewhere else...
Whether I have bb or not, the concern about it has made an impact on my confidence. And I need to deal with it ASAP.
I need to add that I pay very close attention to any possible signs of other people's possible sensing of my possible bb. Such as that I notice:
1. People reclining on the backs of their chairs sometimes. (Looks like they're trying to distance themselves from me).
2. People touching their noses.
3. People putting their fingers under their noses sometimes.
4. People stepping back sometimes.
5. Wrapping up conversations (on a few occasions, I saw that).
I have met with another psychotherapist a while ago, and he came close and told me straight something like this: "Don't you think that people might be puzzled about your speaking in a manner like ... (and showed my speaking behaviour like speaking to someone invisible sideways).
Okay, that's really something that finally needs my attention. I seem to be becoming conscious of my health more and more.
Needless to say I'm an anxious, shy and sensitive personality type. But this sudden anxiety has really preoccupied my mind. I hope not for long though...
Last edited by integral on Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
jeez, you are a little dummy aren't you, i mean everybody on this board would run to fix caries on this board and you are waiting.
Go to laser, you wont feel a thing, don't be such a pussy. I think people with bad oral hygiene should not be allowed to post here.
You are lucky you don't have chronic bb.
Go to laser, you wont feel a thing, don't be such a pussy. I think people with bad oral hygiene should not be allowed to post here.
You are lucky you don't have chronic bb.
Waiting no longer. That was due to fear of dentists... Until I suddenly, I mean really suddenly, became anxious that what if something bad there might be with my breath.Jimi wrote:jeez, you are a little dummy aren't you, i mean everybody on this board would run to fix caries on this board and you are waiting.
Whichever clinic schedules an appointment for me sooner will get my patronage.Jimi wrote:Go to laser, you wont feel a thing, don't be such a pussy. I think people with bad oral hygiene should not be allowed to post here.
I hope it's so. But I have anxiety.Jimi wrote:You are lucky you don't have chronic bb.
- Archimonde
- Super Angel
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm
No, because I wouldn't tell him anything about my H. concerns. I AM going to talk about that with a dentist though.Archimonde wrote:integral, did your psychotherapist suggest anything to help you overcome halitophobia?
I should point out that, over 3-4 years, I've met with FOUR different psychotherapists, and neither of them had ever say anything about bb. But could that be a coincidence...
On the other hand, my girlfriends would have said something about bb... I'm lost at the moment.
Now, people, I've got to tell you that halitophobia does exist. I went to a dental hygienist, she did a professional cleaning of my teeth, and also confirmed that:
1. I have normal salivation.
2. I don't need to use any expensive tooth pastes or mouthwashes.
3. My oral condition is good, and there is no caries there.
4. I don't need to clean my tongue extensively.
5. My gums are OK.
6. I have no wisdoms.
Then, I should say that I don't notice any bad smell from my mouth when trying to detect it in myself, except in the morning - I do detect BB in myself in the morning, despite medical people saying that it's impossible to detect bb in oneself by oneself; but it seems to go away after teeth brushing and tongue cleaner.
I should add that I'm a very logical and rational person, always use reason and critical thinking in virtually any matter. And I do understand that I most probably don't have BB - most things point toward the fact I do not have BB.
And I myself do also think that MOST probably I do not have any BB, except for "morning breath". But I must really admit that today's stress out of my fear of potential BB has been tremendous, and my blood pressure has been elevated throughout the day.
Guys, I do fully and completely understand that it must be irrational, and yet I still have serious difficulty getting these thoughts out of my mind. It's been obsessive since I met with a person to discuss a common project. He sometimes touched his nose, and quite often he was holding his index finger under his nose and kind of supporting his head with his thumb. I went on the internet to read about body language and found out about this sign - this sign literally means nothing. Maybe it's just his habit, or maybe something else. Especially that he wasn't blocking his nostrils. And yet, I was so afraid of talking to him directly, and at the same time so afraid that he might interpret me as a "kind of so strange" person, that I became stressed a lot...
I don't know what to do, as it really seems to have something in common with OCD.
I should also add that I wasn't so obsessed about BB when I did really have it by all signs, including direct comments and even self-sensing.
That must sound crazy, but that is true. Objectively, I'm a successful and smart rational person, but this is something that doesn't have any relation to intellect, folks. It's something like a trauma derived from the period of childhood.
1. I have normal salivation.
2. I don't need to use any expensive tooth pastes or mouthwashes.
3. My oral condition is good, and there is no caries there.
4. I don't need to clean my tongue extensively.
5. My gums are OK.
6. I have no wisdoms.
Then, I should say that I don't notice any bad smell from my mouth when trying to detect it in myself, except in the morning - I do detect BB in myself in the morning, despite medical people saying that it's impossible to detect bb in oneself by oneself; but it seems to go away after teeth brushing and tongue cleaner.
I should add that I'm a very logical and rational person, always use reason and critical thinking in virtually any matter. And I do understand that I most probably don't have BB - most things point toward the fact I do not have BB.
And I myself do also think that MOST probably I do not have any BB, except for "morning breath". But I must really admit that today's stress out of my fear of potential BB has been tremendous, and my blood pressure has been elevated throughout the day.
Guys, I do fully and completely understand that it must be irrational, and yet I still have serious difficulty getting these thoughts out of my mind. It's been obsessive since I met with a person to discuss a common project. He sometimes touched his nose, and quite often he was holding his index finger under his nose and kind of supporting his head with his thumb. I went on the internet to read about body language and found out about this sign - this sign literally means nothing. Maybe it's just his habit, or maybe something else. Especially that he wasn't blocking his nostrils. And yet, I was so afraid of talking to him directly, and at the same time so afraid that he might interpret me as a "kind of so strange" person, that I became stressed a lot...
I don't know what to do, as it really seems to have something in common with OCD.
I should also add that I wasn't so obsessed about BB when I did really have it by all signs, including direct comments and even self-sensing.
That must sound crazy, but that is true. Objectively, I'm a successful and smart rational person, but this is something that doesn't have any relation to intellect, folks. It's something like a trauma derived from the period of childhood.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.