Your Email Address:

First Name:

how bad is it?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

holy crap that got unintelligible lol
Sorry that was regarding the posts that had accidentally turned into an argument. I take the blame as I am new to message boards and lacking some of the required ettiquete.

sadgirlbb
Advanced

Post by sadgirlbb »

Hello I'm new too. My breath never seems to clear up. Therabreath is NOT working for me! I can smell my breath is bad even right after I brush and use the rinse. Like a rotting smell. I try hard to keep away from everyone. And my new boyfriend must thnk I'm crazy. I keep WAY away from him and try not breathe directly on him.

Why do we have to endure this stress? I just don't understand how some people can talk 2 inches from your face and you smell NOTHING. That would be HEAVEN for me......
sharmayne
Total Newbie

I can smell my own BB

Post by sharmayne »

Well I know its been said that people can't smell your own breath but I can. That is exactly why I know mine is extremly bad. I know I can't smell the full potency of it but I can only imagine. After the whole regimen of flossing, brushing, mouth wash, scraping the tongue the works, it usually is gone for about 10 - 15 minutes if I'm lucky than is right back again. It can reach people as far away as ten feet from my calculations. I yawned in an elevator once, I did cover my mouth but when I removed my hand everyone turned around with cringed up faces and just stared at me with that stink eye look. I immediately got off at the next floor and took the stairs.
integral
Junior

Post by integral »

crater wrote:I'M a successful man, with plenty of money but very few friends. What's the problem, you guessed it; bb
It's not necessary to have bb to have few friends. There can be other reasons.
integral
Junior

Post by integral »

danceintherain wrote:One thing that i can say, is that I have never smelled my breath before. EVER. I simply can't smell it. Even licking my arm etc. i cannot smell it at all.
So what makes you think you have bad breath?
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

integral,

Why do you think you have bad breath?

Nose touching is not a clear answer.

Can you tell me why you think you have bad breath?

Drastic
integral
Junior

Post by integral »

DRASTIC wrote: Can you tell me why you think you have bad breath?
I don't think I have bb, nor do I think I don't have it. I'm very uncertain about that. And this is exactly the reason why I'm going to meet with a hygienist this Thursday, and maybe a halimeter test later.

What makes me suspicious about my breath? Well, I suspect that "what if" my taste is wrong? Yes, also nose touching and similar gestures do irritate me, even though it is probably unreasonable for a rational person. But this is an obsession I have to deal with, and deal with it as soon as I can.

The thing is that in childhood I used to have bb, and I knew it, and I was told about it. It seems that I got psychological trauma back them.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Ok integral,

i see your point.

I think for years I was unsure too. But then the obvious comments came flooding in.

I think you are doing the right thing getting a halimeter test.

Just a quick question. are you planning to get your teeth and wisdoms x-rays as well to rule out any dental issues?

You mention you had bb when you were a child? was that caused by dental issues in your childhood? and how did you overcome that childhood bad breath?

Drastic
integral
Junior

Post by integral »

DRASTIC wrote: I think for years I was unsure too. But then the obvious comments came flooding in.
Maybe the comments came in when you actually started to have it? So maybe you weren't unsure for years?
What made you become conscious about possible bb before comments started to come in?

Have you been able to discover what is causing you bb? Did you do a complete medical examination of your body?
DRASTIC wrote:Just a quick question. are you planning to get your teeth and wisdoms x-rays as well to rule out any dental issues?
I was done the x-rays recently, but everything was good with my teeth, except for:

1. One filling needed to be replaced, which is going to be done this Thursday.
2. There were some insignificant pockets at the molar teeth (my mouth is small, so I don't have wisdoms, and even molars didn't fit in completely well). But after the dental cleaning was done and dental stones were removed, the pockets seem to be diminishing. However, when I floss my molars, not only are they accessed with difficulty, but also floss smells bad, whereas it doesn't with other teeth, but only with one or two molars. I don't know why, but this is a question I want to raise with my hygienist - maybe removal of one or two molars can be a good solution.

The hygienist had said that generally everything is very good in my mouth, I don't need to use expensive toothpastes, and I don't need to brush my tongue too much. I can suppose that that could be her indirect reply to my indirect question about bb.
DRASTIC wrote:You mention you had bb when you were a child? was that caused by dental issues in your childhood? and how did you overcome that childhood bad breath?
I had two decaying molars. They had decayed to such a degree that the gums underneath started to decay as well. And also a lot of food used to stall in there. The solution was to treat the teeth :) I was so afraid of dentists that I waited till the last moment.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic