Your Email Address:

First Name:

Streptococcus salivarius K12 WORKS!!! (for me)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Sadly it is, but some tolerate it better than others, I guess? People with sensitive teeth are told to not even *drink* juices. It's to do with the acid breaking up hydroxyapatite, which is the main mineral of dental enamel.

I don't think we should be hyper-careful though, I gargle acidic juices myself. Just saying that if we do it every day we should try to find a way to protect the teeth \:D/

Vivian

Post by Vivian »

Okay, I just got my k12 in the mail, and will pray it will work better, or at least longer, then Smartmouth.

Somewhere down the road, I want to get my dentist to make a custom tray for me, so I can use the carbamide peroxide gel to help find the bacteria. This originally appeared in an article in 2005, which Jimi found:

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 071305.php

I know we all have probably used peroxide to gargle/wash with, but after a while, it just stopped working. I'm hoping with using the gel (which will be much more concentrated) will help.

I also want to purchase one of those mechanical at home teeth cleaners. The ones were the dental hygenist uses to clean/blow any remaining gingivitis/bacteria, when we go in for an annual cleaning. I always find that my mouth stays fresh and clean through out the day after a cleaning from the hygenist.

But I still believe that there's more to the odor then just in the mouth. Of course I'm not sure where else it could be coming from, but, I know I need to cut back on sugar and bread. So that will be a start. I'll also purchase a probiotic called flora balance, which supposedly worked for someone on one of those home-remedy websites (this ones a bit interesting since it's responses from ppl. all around the world:

http://susangaer.com/studentprojects/rem.htm

I'll keep everyone posted once I've started my new regime. :)
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Vivian,

I ordered my K12 today, but I'm not holding out much hope after reading some of the old posts on this site, especially the ones were it made people's bb worse!! I'll look for your posts to see how it's going. Are you going to follow sweets07 regime with the juice and yoghurt? I'm not sure if I should do it this way cos juice and dairy make my bb alot worse, but it doesn't work as well without using these apparently. Btw, which toothpaste will you use before using the K12?

Hope it works for you!! :D
girlie girl
Advanced

JUST RECEIVED MY K-12

Post by girlie girl »

OK, I JUST RECEIVED MY K-12 PROBIOTICS POWDER AND INSIDE THEY HAD AN INSERT OF THE LATEST BREAKTHROUGH RESEARCH. I BELIEVE THAT KATZ IS A QUACK, BUT HE SUPPLIES THIS PROBIOTIC IN AMERICA. PLEASE DON'T BEAT ME DOWN AND THINK I WORK FOR HIM. I AM A REGISTERED NURSE WHO IS FIGHTING THIS BATTLE ALONG SIDE YOU ALL AND FEEL VERY HELPLESS EVEN WITH MY MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE. I AM SUPPLYING THIS INFORMATION AS FYI ONLY. I HAVE LEARNED A GREAT DEAL FROM THE POSTS ON THIS WEBSITE AND IF WE DON'T ALLOW PEOPLE TO EXPRESS THEIR FEELINGS AND BELIEFS THEN THIS SITE WILL FAIL IN IT'S MISSION. SO LETS BE FAIR AND SHARE.
SO HERE IS WHAT THE INSERT STATES....

"1. YOGURT IS NOT BAD FOR YOUR BREATH. IT CONTAINS BACTERIA THAT CAN HELP TO KEEP YOUR BREATH FRESH. THIS RESEARCH HAS BEEN MADE EXTREMELY PUBLIC THROUGH A VARIETY OF SOURCES OVER THIS PAST YEAR.
2. WE HAVE DISCOVERED THAT THE GOOD BACTERIA IN K12 POWDER ARE ENHANCED WHEN MIXED WITH SUGAR-FREE YOGURT (YOGURT ENERGIZES THEM AND MAKES THEM LIVE LONGER AND MORE ROBUSTLY IN YOUR MOUTH).
3. BY PLACING ONE MEASURING SPOON OF OUR K12 POWDER INTO SUGAR-FREE YOGURT, YOU WILL CREATE A MUCH HEALTHIER MOUTH BY PROVIDING YOUR ORAL CAVITY WITH NATURAL PROTECTION AGAINT THE BUGS THAT CAUSE BAD BREATH."

THEN HE GOES ONTO EXPLAIN THE NEW "YOGURT" METHOD...
DAY 1 Directions
(Mixing Picture Gallery)

Morning Directions

STEP 1: In the morning (after you use any of our mouthwash and toothpaste brands), gently clean your tongue once more with the TheraBreath Tongue Cleaner.

STEP 2: Mix 16 DROPS of AktivOxigen Serum with 10ml (2 teaspoons) of FRUIT JUICE in the mixing cup (up to the red line).

STEP 3: Swirl this in the mouth for 30 seconds, gargle for 5 more seconds and then spit out - followed by a thorough rinsing with water for 10 seconds and spitting out once more.

STEP 4: Choose One Method Below
Method A: Mix 1/4 teaspoon (a level measure of the enclosed mixing spoon) of Aktiv-K12 Probiotic Powder with 10ml (2 teaspoons) of water in the measured mixing cup (up to the red line). Swirl this mix in the mouth for 30 seconds, gargle for 5 more seconds, and then spit out. Do not eat or drink for 5 minutes after this step.

or Method B (with yogurt): Mix 1/4 teaspoon (a level measure of the enclosed mixing spoon) of Aktiv-K12 Probiotic Powder with SUGAR-FREE YOGURT. Aktiv-K12 mixed with SUGAR-FREE YOGURT greatly enhances the good bacteria in the powder. Do not eat or drink anything else for 5 minutes after this step.
Evening Directions
In the evening, repeat STEPS 1-4. DAY 2-7 Directions
(Mixing Picture Gallery)

http://www.therabreath.com/probiotics_directions.asp[/img]

SWEETS07 I BELIEVE YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD BY DOING YOUR PROBIOTIC ROUTINE. I FELT STRONGLY THAT YOU WERE ON THE RIGHT TRACK. LOOK BACK TO THE POSITIVE RESULTS SOME MEMBERS RECEIVED FROM SUCKING ON THE CHEWABLE VITAMIN C TABLETS--THE ACIDITY. I THINK WE ARE HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AND WILL CONTINUE TO TWEAK THIS ROUTINE AS NEEDED. I KNOW THIS WON'T WORK FOR EVERYONE, JUST LIKE ONE CHEMOTHERAPY DOESN'T WORK ON EVERYONE--IT MUST BE TWEAKED TO THE PERSON'S CHEMISTRY. LET'S BE STRONG AND FIGHT. WE CAN DO THIS AND WE WILL! HAVE FAITH Y'ALL. THANKS FOR THE LETTING ME SHARE.
lastone69
Junior

Post by lastone69 »

So if you swallow the K12 mixed with yogurt whats the difference of swallowing the k12 w/out the yogurt?
lastone69
Junior

Post by lastone69 »

I meant that since its bad to swallow the k12 with water
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

Kefir yogurt is said to be the most healthy with the most powerful probiotics of any type of yogurt. When I get my powder, I'll try adding a little to each batch of Kefir yogurt I make beforeit curds. Then after I cool it in the fridge, I'll add more.

Kefir is so easy to make. Just get your milk, bring it to a near boil, remove from heat, let cool to just above room temp., add the Kefir starter, mix, let sit covered for 24 hours. No yogurt maker machine required! Refridgerate for 8 hours after that, then you have Kefir yogurt ready to consume.

And why does it have to be fruit juice to use with the Akiv Oxygen serum? It contains sugar! Why not Apple Cider Vinegar?
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

I agree Thanatos, juice makes my breath HORRIBLE. It could be that the sugar in the juice will feed the K12 good bacteria, but if that was the case why would they then tell you to rinse well with water afterwards? If it's just the acid to kill everything off surely ACV or chlorohexadine would work just as well?

When everybody tried K12 before and it didn't work, was everybody following the juice and yoghurt steps then too, or were they just taking it with water? Could this be why it didn't work out for people previously?
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

Snobuni wrote:I agree Thanatos, juice makes my breath HORRIBLE. It could be that the sugar in the juice will feed the K12 good bacteria, but if that was the case why would they then tell you to rinse well with water afterwards? If it's just the acid to kill everything off surely ACV or chlorohexadine would work just as well?

When everybody tried K12 before and it didn't work, was everybody following the juice and yoghurt steps then too, or were they just taking it with water? Could this be why it didn't work out for people previously?
i don't recommend trying this without using juice or yogurt. also it seems like you all are trying to follow the package directions. try to just stick to common sense methods. what the instructions say really makes no logical scientific sense, like your example of the instructions saying to rinse with water after. that's just silly.
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

thanatos wrote:Kefir yogurt is said to be the most healthy with the most powerful probiotics of any type of yogurt. When I get my powder, I'll try adding a little to each batch of Kefir yogurt I make beforeit curds. Then after I cool it in the fridge, I'll add more.

Kefir is so easy to make. Just get your milk, bring it to a near boil, remove from heat, let cool to just above room temp., add the Kefir starter, mix, let sit covered for 24 hours. No yogurt maker machine required! Refridgerate for 8 hours after that, then you have Kefir yogurt ready to consume.

And why does it have to be fruit juice to use with the Akiv Oxygen serum? It contains sugar! Why not Apple Cider Vinegar?
i think i'd like to start using the kefir. i just wonder if it makes you smell funny. i remember someone using the Pro-M probiotics and having a strong smell about them as a result. like hospital or something.

also i agree with someone else's comment. it's not about just dropping the pH of the mouth but providing prebiotics found in healthy foods like 100% juice to support the probiotic bacteria. too much sugar can be a bad thing, but in this process of shifting the oral flora, the growth of probiotic bacteria should outweigh the growth of the anaerobic (as evidenced by my success).

but it seems like people are going to do what they want either way, so do what you do and hopefully we'll all see great results in the end. no one person is the same so different regimens may be necessary.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Hi Sweets,

Thanks for keeping us all updated, how long have you been having good results for now?

So you mix the K12 with the juice and don't rinse, then have a probiotic yoghurt straight after? Do you think this works better than rinsing with juice then just having the yoghurt without the K12?

Btw, has anyone every measured the ph of their saliva with litmus strips? If our mouths are more alkaline than acidic, we need to increase acidity(which is why juice works), but if it's more acidic we need to increase alkalinity?

If bad bacteria thrives at 7.2-7.8 and good at 5.9-6.9, does that mean that most of us have a problem with alkaline saliva? Sorry, to go off subject a bit, just trying to get my head round what we can do to improve the environment for good bacteria. I guess that's why vit c tablets work for a while. :?
lastone69
Junior

Post by lastone69 »

What about mixing yogurt with keifer? Kefir has probiotics that yogurt doesnt contain and yogurt has 2 that Kefir doesnt contain (S thermophilus and L Bulgaricus)
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

Snobuni wrote:Hi Sweets,

Thanks for keeping us all updated, how long have you been having good results for now?

So you mix the K12 with the juice and don't rinse, then have a probiotic yoghurt straight after? Do you think this works better than rinsing with juice then just having the yoghurt without the K12?

Btw, has anyone every measured the ph of their saliva with litmus strips? If our mouths are more alkaline than acidic, we need to increase acidity(which is why juice works), but if it's more acidic we need to increase alkalinity?

If bad bacteria thrives at 7.2-7.8 and good at 5.9-6.9, does that mean that most of us have a problem with alkaline saliva? Sorry, to go off subject a bit, just trying to get my head round what we can do to improve the environment for good bacteria. I guess that's why vit c tablets work for a while. :?
i've been doing well. i will say that a couple times this week i had bb. but it's not chronic and it's not intense like before. it just had a scent to me when i breathed. i'm premenstrual now and i think that may be why i've had bb a couple times this week.

and yes i have tested my mouth pH. back a few months ago when i had my tonsils removed, i tested my mouth pH and it was about 8. i drank sprite and tested it right after and my mouth pH would be about 6. i remember after drinking the soda my mouth and breath would feel better. i asked my sister to test my breath then and she said is smelled like warm air (in otherwords odorless). before that my breath to me smelled like dead fish.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

I think if most of us tested our saliva, we would find it to be extremely alkaline. I read a scientific article yesterday that explained how saliva controls ph in our mouths.

Basically, saliva contains bicarbonate and this is released into our mouths when it becomes too acidic. I think alot of us must have more bicarbonate in our saliva than is actually needed to balance our mouths ph, so we end up with high alkalinity and so an unsuitable environment for good bacteria to live in (if we have any left after antibiotics etc), and an ideal environment for the bad bacteria to thrive in!!! (This explains why bicarbonate works for a short amount of time, but isn't going to work as a long-term solution).

So if any research is ever going to find something to help it will need to address both mouth ph and the fact that we have bad bacteria that others don't, and lack the good bacteria that others do!!! And that's probably not going to happen very soon because you don't make any money by creating a product to cure a problem, but by pedaling stuff that might help a tiny bit (or not at all) to desperate people like us!!!!

Also, I've read somewhere else that bb gets worse before our periods because the hormonal change causes more skin cells from inside our mouths to be shed. Which I suppose would make sense as this would provide more protien for the bacteria to feed on!!

Sorry about the rant and long posting! :D
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

I got my two bottles of "Aktiv-K12".

I just started my first batch of Kefir Yogurt with a scoop of K12 & it's sitting in my kitchen transforming. In 24 hours, I'll cool it in the fridge & start the program on monday morning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic