THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Just an amusing story, and my CT scan results.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
perrymason
Advanced
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 am

Just an amusing story, and my CT scan results.

Post by perrymason »

I was @ my ENT's today to discuss my CT scan results, and while on the elevator, I decided to amuse myself with a little experiment.

On the way up, I slowly let out air from my mouth and waited for the horrific reactions. Sure enough, all 7-8 people on the elevator were pinching their noses and coughing. I started pinching my nose when some people looked around (I wanted to pretend it wasn't me!!!!) HAHAHA :twisted:

I waited for my ENT to call me in, and when she did we sat down to discuss the stuff. My CT scan results are as followed: Clean sinuses, just some inflammed stuff, but that'll go away if I keep using my NETI pot. As too my nasal odor, and my BB, my ENT said that I should just keep using my neti pot and I should eat lots of yogurt for my tongue. She told me the excess mucus is because I have severe allergic rhinitis, but nothing messed up in my sinuses. She said I should call her within a few days so she could fax me a prescription for some medication to stop the mucus. She said she is going to discuss my problem with some of her colleagues, and see what they say about it.

After this news, I stepped back into the elevator which had around 7 people in it. I exhaled out my nose for the fun of it, and saw this lady cover here nose and everyone else put one finger in there nostril and/or pinch it. I started whistling because frankly, I just didn't give a shit. It was so ****ing fun, I didn't worry about their reactions because I'd never meet them again. I went to grab some food from a vendor @ the lobby of the building, talked to him face to face, watched as he GASPED for air in agony, and pinched his nose, and then gave me my Dr.Pepper. :mrgreen:

HAHA fun shit, do it to random people, beats having to hold your breath in. I'll keep you all updated on what I am prescribed and what it does for me. My breath isn't as bad as it used to be thanks to yogurt + Vit C + TUNG brush. Oh yea, being the jerk I am, there was a receptionist @ her desk @ the ENT's floor, I let out a huge "AHHHHHHHH" and she was totally shocked. It seemed as though her nose just had a really bad itch if you know what i mean ;). It's shit like this that makes me pissed off, and amused at the same time. I laugh, yet I cry. :|
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

I dont believe yogurts are good for your breath. I beleive we should remove diary comletely from our menu.

Why don't you become vegan for health reasons, you will definately not get such reactions

What do you mean they are grasping for air.

If I talk to people they never grasp, but they can smell me far away, usually they touch nose or caugh.

And when somebody comes into the room they never say what is that smell. I never experienced that. It seems my bb travels far but does not stay long. Strange. We are so different but at the same time so similar
sean1979
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:06 am

Post by sean1979 »

You're evil. haha
User avatar
Archimonde
Super Angel
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Archimonde »

Jimi, what makes you sure that it's your smell that makes people caugh? Judging from your post, my situation sounds similar to yours and i'm convinced that they simply have an allergic reaction to you (yeast, bacteria?) but not because of an offensive odor.

Some people react to me exactly like others would to pollen and whatnot. Now, that doesn't say anything about wether your breath smells good or not, i'm just saying that the coughing might not be related to how you smell. I've also noticed that some people get a runny nose around me and often they happen to be carrying a kleenex which tells me that they're prone to allergies.

Do you notice less coughing when you're on a vegan diet? From my experience, sugar seems to cause more coughing than meat/dairy.
thanatos
God
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:11 am
Gender:

Post by thanatos »

I've had the gasps. I don't know why they say yogurt is so good for our mouths. No matter what, it will always produce bad breath after consumption just because of the proteins in it. It's just no logical in any sense.
Busted
God
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Busted »

Shit, another ct-scan negative. We need someone to get a positive one, so maybe he can go do the chronic sinustis surgery which may cure his chronic bb. As for the attacks, keep up the good work.

Yes and I agree that this life is pretty funny. We are like mutants who cannot control our power. We attack people constantly.

You can even play a game with someone. Tell your friend that you can make any random person grab his/her nose quicker than she can count to three. Tell your friend that you control them.
Snobuni
Sheriff
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Snobuni »

I read something last night that said chronic sinusitus is usually accompanied by a fungal infection in the sinuses. So maybe people are reacting to fungal spores breathed out through our nose!! :-k
Larc400
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Larc400 »

All this talk about coughing, sneezing, 'touching nose' etc is just crazy-talk which has no connection to real situtations. It will just make people who see these posts think that you're all absolutely paranoid with no real odour-problem, just mental issues.

Trust me, if you stink like shit, you will hear actual comments. Hth.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

here we go again, halitophobia, I wish I had halitophobia
emotional rescue
Sheriff
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:34 am

Post by emotional rescue »

thanatos wrote:I've had the gasps. I don't know why they say yogurt is so good for our mouths. No matter what, it will always produce bad breath after consumption just because of the proteins in it. It's just no logical in any sense.
So the homemade yogurth that you were eating didn´t helped at all????
thanatos
God
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:11 am
Gender:

Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
perrymason
Advanced
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 am

Post by perrymason »

Larc400 wrote:All this talk about coughing, sneezing, 'touching nose' etc is just crazy-talk which has no connection to real situtations. It will just make people who see these posts think that you're all absolutely paranoid with no real odour-problem, just mental issues.

Trust me, if you stink like shit, you will hear actual comments. Hth.
I'm not halitophobic, kthx. I was @ school today waiting in line for lunch, and all these people covered their noses and I heard comments like "it smells weird" or "SHAT STANK FOO" etcetc

People didn't realize it was me because i would pretend I smelled it too (cover nose).
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

no but larc400 is not convinced that you have bad breath until you get a proof from doctors or something - a written document, until then you might be wrong, he would say ***k instincts, trust the lying docs

covering noses, hearing comments something stinks all the time, coughing - no these are just cliche, don't worry about it. It must be halitophobia kicking in.

Only if you get a letter from another person and he claims you have bb than you are not halitophobic probably, and if you have 10 letters is better in that case. Than probably you are not halitophobic. But it would require an examination from Larc in person to decide if you are halitophobic or not. Of course you get a seal of approval from Larc personally

=; O:)
Larc400
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Larc400 »

I just find it hard to believe that someone who smells like shit, will never ever hear/overhear a comment, that's all. I've heard about 50 such comments during the 10++ yrs I've had this problem...

If you've *never* had a comment or a straight-forward reaction, and still is convinced that you stink, I suggest seeking psychological help is a good idea. This is probably just for a tiny minority on this site, as I'm sure most ppl here have had actual reactions. I'm just saying that someone coughing next to you in a supermarket is not an actual reaction ;)

I'm boring even myself with this now \:D/
perrymason
Advanced
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 am

Post by perrymason »

OK! I was on an elevator and I deliberately let out the stinky funk and I SAW people covering their noses. Not one, not two, not three people, but all the people on the elevator. I've had many shit comments made and even on the school bus people are covering their noses and saying "something stinks".

I agree with you that the psychological shit exists, but most people on this site know they have BB, and can feel that shit in the back of their throat / nose.

***k life
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗