Your Email Address:

First Name:

Can you...smell it?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
jane
Can you...smell it?

Post by jane »

i just wanna know if you guys can smell your own breath. if i close my throat, exhale, and concentrate i can. and if you can, is it a 247 thing or more pungent in the morning/night, etc. ? i would imagine its a nightmare for those who cant smell it :shock:

sun
Junior

Post by sun »

Yes once in a while I do smell my breath and its bad. Worse in the morn when I just wake up. Im sure this is the case for most people. I knw I have strong bb coming from the nose. Its always congested and blowing hot air. And my mouth always have a bad taste.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

I close my throat and use my mouth to blow/push air into my nose where I simultaneously sniff in. I get a good whiff if I stick out my tongue first to get the smell from the back of my tongue
deebas
Advanced

Post by deebas »

Yeah its weird - the human body is conditioned to not smell itself. I can sometimes though when I have my head down..

Also when someone else is around, I will smell my breath like its theirs.. its a bit weird.. always the same sour crap like smell that I can't get rid of no matter what :x
Moloch
Total Newbie

Post by Moloch »

Normally I have a lot of trouble smelling my own breath, even when people tell me its bad.

With my new job I wear a paper face mask which lets me know exactly how bad it is. I've caught a whiff of my breath before, but with a mask on, its 10x as strong as I can smell while cupping my hand, etc.
jane
Post by jane »

Moloch wrote:Normally I have a lot of trouble smelling my own breath, even when people tell me its bad.

With my new job I wear a paper face mask which lets me know exactly how bad it is. I've caught a whiff of my breath before, but with a mask on, its 10x as strong as I can smell while cupping my hand, etc.
you get to wear a mask at work? so lucky..
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

lol
deebas
Advanced

Post by deebas »

jane wrote:
Moloch wrote:Normally I have a lot of trouble smelling my own breath, even when people tell me its bad.

you get to wear a mask at work? so lucky..
was thinkin exactly the same thing.. Where do you work Moloch?
daisyk
Total Newbie

Post by daisyk »

I can smell my own breath. I just have to breath out and I can smell it. I don't always know how far I project if you know what I mean. I have been by people at times and thought my breath isn't too bad or they're far enough away from me and I see them deliberately move backwards, so I know they're smelling me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic