Your Email Address:

First Name:

LSD made me smell much more horrible than usual

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Eric
Advanced

LSD made me smell much more horrible than usual

Post by Eric »

I know this sounds ridiculous and it is in many ways. I did acid the other night and for a while it was okay and I was having a great time laughing with my friends. But then after I had exerted myself laughing so much I began to put off a very foul smell. It's like some kind of stink was emanating from my body, dripping from my pores. I remember having eaten terrible BB foods that day (cheese, etc...) but this stink was unnatural in its potency. I have noticed this same phenomena when taking mushrooms, when I start to 'trip' its like my body is processing something incorrectly and putting it off as very piercing fecal smell.

Charley
Junior

Re: LSD made me smell much more horrible than usual

Post by Charley »

It is possible paranoia crept in and made u think u smelt even worse.

Jeez, when I tripped in my younger days oranges grew faces and I walked on the yellow brick road.

Maybe your fear of smelling so bad was just part of the trip.
jane
Post by jane »

yea it was most likely the trip.

but dude.. i cant even smoke POT anymore w/o getting really selfconcious a/b my breath. i can never smell it when i smoke.. its like the smell of the smoke coated my throat and thats bad too. ****ing TONSIL STONES JUST COME OUT ALREADY! :x im a/b to sell my ass to an ent in exchange for a curetteage procedure.
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

Yes I suppose it could have just been a bad trip... damn its depressing I can't even enjoy the occasional trip anymore.

Marijuana makes my breath worse also, which I believe has been mentioned by many others on here, simply because it dries out my mouth. Although it still is kind of nice to smoke with close friends and dumb myself down a little to temporarily forget the pain.

And Jane, you should go for the ENT surgery as long as you won't be in debt for a very long time. Is the ENT telling you he thinks the surgery will 'cure' it?
bleh
Junior

Post by bleh »

n/a
Last edited by bleh on Mon May 04, 2009 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

I knew there was something to this. I'm afraid this is more evidence that certain foods/chemicals throw our bodies metabolic processes out of whack and results in the smell. Hallucinogens are sort of a no-brainer because they greatly alter our chemical levels for a short amount of time. I remember Larc400 saying that mood-altering anti-depressants were positively affecting his breath. I think there is something to altering our dopamine/serotonin levels that plays into this. I'm starting to support the low hormone/ low functioning hypothalamus theory as well. Wish I could do more than guess.
deebas
Advanced

Post by deebas »

interesting theory... I wonder how that compares to times of high stress or anxiety where its widely reported to make your BB worse?
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

I'm shocked not one single person from this board has tried Effexor (mood-altering medication) after I mentioned it probably reduces BB (maybe it's effect on norepinephrine is boosting the immune defense). Try it, people - we need to compare effects :-({|=
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Larc dont ****ing post this shit on our board. Do you really want somebody to get hurt. Are you for real.

Experiment yourself if you want. Dont drag other people to the psysch meds.

Here is the desc of EFFEXOR from WIKIPEDIA

Venlafaxine (Effexor, Efexor) is an antidepressant of the serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) class first introduced by Wyeth in 1993. It is prescribed for the treatment of major depression and anxiety disorders, among other uses. Due to the pronounced side effects and suspicions that venlafaxine may significantly increase the risk of s*****e, it is not recommended as a first line treatment of depression. However, it is often effective for depression not responding to SSRIs. Venlafaxine was the sixth most widely-used antidepressant based on the number of retail prescriptions in the US (17.1 million) in 2006.[1]
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sometimes I wonder if people on this board *want* to be helped.

If you're not willing to try something that one of the first members of this site thinks might help, then what exactly are you looking for 8-[ ?

Anyway, for people who can see further than being scared of some reported side-effects, feel free to try it, as I think it has an actual physical effect. How it works is anyone's guess but it may be affecting the immune system or metabolism or both. Btw, I didn't get this medication for depression, and I have never felt suicidal. The most common side-effect is getting a bit sweaty, but I can live with that if it helps the fight against the hellish BB. Hth ;)

PS. I *am* experimenting on myself, but would need others to try it, in order to confirm any effects...
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

I would try it of if I had some way of getting a prescription, but I really don't feel like going through it right now. Good info from both of you though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic