Your Email Address:

First Name:

Accutane/IgA/These things worked for curing bb!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Accutane/IgA/These things worked for curing bb!

Post by mindyb »

Hi, after reading the IgA Immunoglobulin A post. I started thinking if I may of had/have an issue with IgA. Larc's post pointed out some symptoms of IgA and I noticed some things I had back in 1994 from taking the drug Accutane. i.e. IgA actually *IS* ... they are the antibodies responsible for protecting the mucousa membranes in the body (orally, nasally, digestive tract, u-g-tract etc). Without them, bacteria and other microbes will have an easier time escaping the immune system.
Accutane caused all of this for me.
ANYWAY, I researched again bad breath and accutane. I found this forum from long lasting effects from the drug. Bad breath was one of them.
It seems these posters are using the following to rid the bb, and it has worked for them.
This is all new to me, but I am going to try these supplements. You may have not taken Accutane, but still have IgA issues. Note Revan's first post about increasing her/his IgA with lactoferrin.
Anyway, this to me hits home. Please read on and give me your thoughts!!!!

Things listed as ridding their bb:
colostrum
Lactoferrin
9 CH varbo vegetabilis 5 granules 2 times daily

sean1979

Post by sean1979 »

I think there is a correlation of bb and immunodeficiency. I just recently found out I have low IgG and IgM, but IgA seems to be normal. Here's some stats in mg/dl:
Normal IgG level is 723-1685, mine is 582
Normal IgM level is 63-277, mine is 32
Normal IgA level is 69-382, mine is 145

There is no cure for immunodeficiency. Treatment is through injections of immunoglobulins, but my doctor says I would have to get injections every month which will cost $1k and insurance does not cover. I just can't afford to even try. My theory is that we are just deficient in antibodies or whatever there is (vitamin c another example) to fight off the bacteria that causes bad breath.

Relating to this, I saw an episode of "mystery diagnosis" on tlc that had an episode of this lady being vitamin b or a? deficient. She went through years of chronic diarhea and double vision only to find out she was vitamin b deficient. She now lives a normal life with injections.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Agreed 8) I think we're on to something, and many have said they suspect the immune system before. It's good we know which tests to start with though. As usual we're a bit slow though, as Eric mentioned IgA already back in June but then he disappeared...

Sean, how did you get your physician to do this test... what was your complaint..?

Thanx
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Very interesting! If i wasn't completely broke, i'd order Colostrum and Lactoferrin supplements. Anyone gonna try them?
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

I am getting the Colostrum today. I am in the U.S. and they are $14.99 for 120 at CVS. I believe Lactoferrin is in all Colostrum, its part of Bovine which is colostrum.
I will keep you posted. I'm trying not to put all my beans in this basket, but its worth a try!
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

No CVS in my area but I'm planning to order some today.
Colostrum sounds like a miracle medicine. Let's hope it helps.
sean1979

Post by sean1979 »

Larc400 wrote:Agreed 8) I think we're on to something, and many have said they suspect the immune system before. It's good we know which tests to start with though. As usual we're a bit slow though, as Eric mentioned IgA already back in June but then he disappeared...

Sean, how did you get your physician to do this test... what was your complaint..?

Thanx
I actually asked my doctor if I could get the test done. Noone ever suggested this. Doctors never suspected I was immunodeficient because I hardly ever get sick.
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

I bought some Colostrum tablets today and took 3 tablets. I'll update on my bb in a few days.
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

I don't know if this medicine is working but I don't have PND for the last 1 hour.
bleh
Junior

Post by bleh »

Here is another success story:

Shannah wrote:
My boyfriend kept complaining about mt BB to the point I seductively breathed in his face like you blow a kiss. Then I tounge kissed him passionately. He didn't push me off, but he told me my BB stinks, and I told him "You like me, so deal with it." He laughs and gave me a hug. I still wanna get rid of my BB though.

I've been a long-time sufferer of BB, over 40 years. Everything I've tried failed. Recently, after reading a message on another forum of someone who had success eliminating their BB, I decided to give it a try.

The person recommended using Aerobic Oxygen and Colostrum. I took it one step further. After brushing my teeth with Therabreath toothpaste, I mixed 2-3 drops of Aerobic Oxygen into a capsule of regular strength Therabreath at a minimum of 2-3 times a day. I then take one capsule of Colostrum 40% lgG). To my amazement, the dragon breath was gone. I no longer had the putrid taste in my mouth. I've been on this regimen for 2 weeks and it is still working.

I typically would not endorse Therabreath for it would only work for me for about 20 minutes prior to using the current regimen.

Give it a try and see if it works. I would buy the Therabreath at WalMart, since it's the cheapest place you will find it. You can buy the Aerobic Oxygen and Colostrum at the Vitamin Shoppe. The Aerobic Oxygen I use is from Aerobic Life (KO7 Stabilized Oxygen); I used the Vitamin Shoppe Colostrum. Be careful using the Colostrum as some people suffer from side effects.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Where's this last post from..? Hard to tell what has helped this person.. Therabreath, Oxygen or the Colostrum? :roll:

I really hope Colostrum can give us some help! ...but am obviously doubtful as it's an 'alternative medicine'...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colostrum

In 'non-alternative medicine', people with IgG deficiency get monthly injections (expensive). For IgA deficiency there is no similar solution, yet. :roll:
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

This all sounds REALLY interesting. Like alot of other people, I also took antibiotics alot during my pre-teens for sore throats and during my early teens I was treated for acne with antibiotics too.

From about the age of 13 my bb started and my digestive system began playing up and just got worse as the years went by.

I'm going to give the colostrum a try and see how that goes, I'm also considering going to my doctor for a test, I'm not sure how willing she'll be to do it though, do most GP's even know than immunoglobin deficiency can effect people's mouths and could be a cause of bb?
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Could anyone tell me which kind of colostrum is best, one with IGA or IGG or both?

It's near impossible to fnd one with IGA in as most only contain IGG. Can anyone recommend a brand?
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

If you find one with IgA it's best (cause IgA protects mucous membranes ... in the mouth for example), but there's no proof those Colostrum IgA will be used by our bodies though...

Your doctor should be able to do an IgA deficiency test. Not sure they'd be aware it could cause Halitosis but it makes sense. Most ppl with IgA deficiency have no symptoms, or have recurrent throat or airway infections etc...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic