Your Email Address:

First Name:

more success with probiotics

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
girlie girl
Advanced

Post by girlie girl »

Snobuni wrote:Hey everyone,

I've just been reading up on the different strains of probiotic and I found an article that suggests that its better to choose a probiotic supplement with just one strain of bacteria instead of many, as they will compete against each other. It also suggested that if your probiotic needs refrigeration, it's likely to have been too warm at some stage of it's transportation, and so most of the bacteria will have died in transit!!

I also watched the youtube link mentioned in a previous post and did some reading up on Lactobacillus Sporogenes (which the guy suggests is the best probiotic as it's unaffected by heat and is happy at room temperature), here's a link to one of the articles http://www.squidoo.com/lactobacillus-sporogenes. I've also found a site which sells them fairly cheaply (although it's only free shipping in the UK). I'm probably going to give this a go after the probiotics I'm using now have run out. :D
L. sporogenes is considered a semi-resident, indicating it takes up only a temporary residence in the human intestines, which emphasizes the importance of continued supplementation.
[/i]

DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Yes Archimonde, good question.I am beginning to wonder if these probiotics will work for people like me and literally shitty breath that can be smelled 20 feet away.

Sammy did you have chronic bad breath like us?
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Just took 2 bottles of yakult. But I must admit that it taste great. Never thought it would taste so great. I got the lighter version because I dont like sweet and even that tasted very sweet to me. Guess I am glad I got the lighter version.

I took 2 bottles instead of one because I thought our bodies are not like ordinary bodies so we need more and maybe should double up.

Drastic
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Hey Girlie Girl,

If the L. sporogenes works, I don't really care if I have to take probiotic supplements forever, I take other supplements everyday at the moment too, so it's not a problem.

Do other strains of good bacteria become permanently resident in the gut? When I went for a course of colonic irrigations, I asked the therapist about probiotics and she said that all types of probiotic supplementation will only ever have a transient effect (I don't know if this is true or not). :-k

As I said though, I don't have a problem with taking probiotics every day for the rest of my life. :)
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Sorry Girlie Girl, I didn't mean that to sound like I was having a go at you. I can see that you were just pointing out the importance of taking probiotics long-term. :oops:
Charley
Junior

Post by Charley »

Archimonde wrote:My diet atm is near perfect, 100% raw: fruit, veggies, eggs and fish. If that combined with probiotics doesn't cure me, nothing ever will.
Arch, I'm a bit confused - I thought we were supposed to stay away from eggs and fish?

I know I can't eat eggs without absolutely stinking for a day or two after - don't eat fish so doesn't apply.

Have you ever tried excluding eggs and fish from your diet?
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Drastic,

Do you have problems with dairy leaving a horrible coated taste in your mouth? How did the Yakult effect your bb?

I used to drink Actimel but found it way too sugary and creamy and it made my bb worse.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi guys,

I have noticed a trend here. For people who this stuff has cured them they tend to take probiotics continually. I mean like first thing in the morning and then some more in the evening/night.

I will be alot more proactive with this stuff from now on.

My grandmother use to say fight fire with fire. Well for us we must fight bacteria with bacteria.

Drastic
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Charley wrote: I thought we were supposed to stay away from eggs and fish?

I know I can't eat eggs without absolutely stinking for a day or two after - don't eat fish so doesn't apply.
I used to think that eggs were bad but after noticing that anything raw doesn't worsen my breath, i gave raw eggs and raw fish a try, i went all out and had 4 to 6 raw eggs a day in smoothies for like a month, my breath didn't get worse! Same thing with sushi.

Give it a try, blend 3 bananas with 2 eggs with a hand blender, it's delicious, you won't even notice the eggs. Last week my mom visited me and brought me a ton of spaghetti sauce made with beef, my breath got noticeably worse within 24 hours. Now that i'm taking probiotics, i've decided to temporarly remove raw eggs from my diet to make sure.

While we're on the topic of protein and fat, I've experimented with avocadoes about a year ago and had the same result as raw eggs, they don't worsen my breath, i had like 6 a day for a while, that's a huge amount of fat and protein. I'm 100% convinced that protein or fat are not responsible for our bb. I don't know what it is, just that *anything* natural and raw is fine. The problem is that it's hard for me to stay on a raw diet, it's not fun at all.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi Snobuni,

I drank 2 yakults today. I must say that it left some coating on my tongue but far far less coating than when I eat yogurt or milk. Normally when i eat yogurt-muller banana crunch my favourite- it leaves a thick coating on my tongue, mouth and tonsils. But this yakult only leaves a thin coating far less on my tongue, not on my tonsils and my mouth still felt clean after drinking it. I have given up yogurt for now because it coats my tonsils and get into the holes which seem to feed the tonsil stones. I brushed immediately after drinking the yakult and must admit that my mouth felt alot cleaner than when I brushed right after eating yogurt.

Its up to you if you want to give it a try or not.

DRASTIC
hello
Junior

Post by hello »

Archimonde...now that you eat 100% raw diet, do you still have bb? or no bb?
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

still do, it takes months. I'm hoping probiotics will speed up the process.
daveparker
Advanced

Post by daveparker »

Just ordered some probiotics, lets see what happens.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

At the moment I'm on two 10 billion culturelle probiotics a day. I'd like to up it to about 40-50 billion a day, but I can't afford to do that with the culturelle as they're to expensive.

Do you think mixing different probiotics strains will end up with them competing against each other in the gut? I know you shouldn't take them together in a supplement (I assume this is cos they compete within the capsule for a food source), I'm not sure how this works if you take them in different forms (i.e. capsules and yoghurt drinks) and at different times of the day, will they still compete in the intestines?

Anyone know anything about this? :-k
Vivian

Post by Vivian »

The last time of posted on here I was accused of being a spammer.....but, since I check this forum from time to time, I though it was only righ that I share what I found as well. There is a probiotic that I found that has 70 billion bacteria and a Colostrum that specifically targets IgA.

If anyone is interested....please feel free to PM me and I will share the info.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic